Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul 2016 - Join, or Die.

One other thing. We need to stop debating issues with other Republicans. If they want to debate issues, remind them that they had their chance and they ran two $#@!ty candidates and lost twice against another $#@!ty candidate. Their way doesn't work so they need to fall in line and STFU.

Like my old friend Lee (R.I.P.) used to say. "Get in there and drive it like you like stole it."
    Last edited by FunkBuddha; 11-09-2012 at 07:37 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    i think we may just might need a much bigger rand paul sub-forum... somehow
    Type in Randpaulforums.com

It leads you here to Ronpaulforums
    I am the spoon.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    LOve IT!

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post

josh is so sneaky.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Josh Josh josh...., I love you.

I'm all about Rand 2016 - but if he doesn't have a realistic chance at winning maybe it would be best for him to wait? How $#@!ty would it be for him to run and not win any state, and lose his Senate seat? He's building a lot of political capital and it would suck to blow it on an unwinnable race. I guess I'm just being a bit of a contrarian.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I'm all about Rand 2016 - but if he doesn't have a realistic chance at winning maybe it would be best for him to wait? How $#@!ty would it be for him to run and not win any state, and lose his Senate seat? He's building a lot of political capital and it would suck to blow it on an unwinnable race. I guess I'm just being a bit of a contrarian.
    well, better make sure his first try is the only one we need.
    After surviving two presidential elections as an activist, i have learned a lot. I'm sure you have too.
    I'm starting now with all the projects i need to do to win this state for liberty candidate that steps up. I'm expecting Rand.
    everyone needs to get in the presidential mode now.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

how is he going to lose his senate seat?

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    how is he going to lose his senate seat?
    he can't run for both, at least in kentucky.
    Ron could run for both house and president because texas law allowed it.

so who for VP... this is the list we developed for ron:

RON PAUL
    Andrew Napolitano,
    Former New Jersey Superior Court Judge

Hinted by Ron:
    4/25/12(VERY SINCERE THIS TIME, watch video)
    2/19/12
    6/17/11

(Tier One)
    Rand Paul, Senator Kentucky
    Jim DeMint, Senator South Carolina
    Gary Johnson, Governor of New Mexico

(Tier Two)
    Mark Sanford, Former Governor South Carolina
    William "Fox" Fallon, Retired 4 star Admiral US Navy
    Chuck Baldwin, Presidential Candidate 2008, Constitutional Party
    Michael F. Scheuer, Former CIA Intelligence Officer
    Pat Buchanan, Senior Advisor to Reagan, Nixon, and Ford
    Mike Lee, Senator Utah
    Tom Davis, Senator South Carolina
    Jim Forsythe, New Hampshire Senator
    Andy Sanborn, New Hampshire Senator
    Doug French, President of the Mises Institute
    Barry Goldwater Jr., Former Congressman California '69-'83
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...p-5-Candidates

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Maybe we can get Kentucky to pass a law allowing him to run for both?

his senate term won't coincide with another presidential election until 2028, which means he could run for president in 2020 or 2024 without having to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Maybe we can get Kentucky to pass a law allowing him to run for both?

how many allies we have in the kentucky congress?

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    RPFs ROCKS.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

his senate term won't coincide with another presidential election until 2028, which means he could run for president in 2020 or 2024 without having to worry about it.
    make sure he wins in 2016.

He won't lose his Senate seat. Remember that Rand is supporting McConnell's reelection bid. This pretty much ensures that the KY GOP will not endorse a primary challenger to Rand's seat. KY Senate primaries are in May I believe. So Rand can test out the presidential waters and if he cannot make any headway he has plenty of time to defend his Senate seat.

Realistically, if Rand can't get a "ticket out of Iowa" there is little reason for him to continue past SC. He can drop out, and focus on his Senate seat and the seats of others.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    so who for VP...
    Tough call. I suppose a lot of it depends on which region of the country, and which wing of the party he needs to "sure up". Amash may be a good regional choice, because it could help him in the rust belt states, but Amash is still a young Congressman and might not have the name recognition needed by that time. Rand has worked closely with Pat Toomey on many issues, so that could help him with PA and bring in even more of the "Club For Growth" types. John Kasich could help him in OH and bring in more "mainstream" GOPers. Or he could very well not worry about the regional aspect and bring in his close ally DeMint. In the end, if he does get to that point, the choice will be as much strategical as it will be philosophical. I think those that might be hoping for a "libertarian dream team" though might wind up being disappointed.

I just saw this post. Does the law state that he cannot run for both if he is on the KY ballot, or does it apply to being on the ballot in other states. The reason I ask is that if the primary calendar is similar, KY's primary would not be until May. Rand would know by early February, whether or not he was in contention for the presidential nomination.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Haha, it's been like that for a while now, I think.

This sub forum is also the first entry that shows up in google results when you type in any combination of the words "Rand Paul" and "Forum". Same in Yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    It has been like that since 2010. there was a lot of work done in 2010 to raise Rand's internet profile, as well, I remember people putting his web page in their signatures because this site was so much higher on google search to raise that site as well. threads in this forum are likely to be the first people see, most times, in google searches, just as it is with Ron, which is one reason why there is a rule that candidates deserve support in their own forums, by and large.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-10-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Beware Santorum
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    He won't lose his Senate seat. Remember that Rand is supporting McConnell's reelection bid. This pretty much ensures that the KY GOP will not endorse a primary challenger to Rand's seat. KY Senate primaries are in May I believe. So Rand can test out the presidential waters and if he cannot make any headway he has plenty of time to defend his Senate seat.

Realistically, if Rand can't get a "ticket out of Iowa" there is little reason for him to continue past SC. He can drop out, and focus on his Senate seat and the seats of others.
    This. If 2016 doesn't pan out, he can pull out and take that groundwork laid to try again in 2020, hopefully increasing his support in the process--just as Ron did from 2008 to 2012. More name recognition and political capital for Rand should also help any like minded candidates running down ticket between now and then...

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I told people that they needed to let his endorsement play out and get off his case. I've also been critical of that endorsement because I thought it was completely unnecessary.
    Actually it was necessary. He made a promise during his Senate campaign and he had to keep that promise. Not to mention, he now can't be accused of being the reason Obama got reelected.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Chaney View Post
    If the establishment backs him, I won't vote for him, because I'll know he was compromised.
    The "Establishment" isn't monolothic.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    Beware Santorum
    Oh no doubt in my mind he will run. He has a ground game in place for Iowa already. It would be sort of foolish to squander that. Rand will need heavy focus on taking a top three in IA and then winning NH and SC. Rubio if he runs will take FL, and then it's a footrace from there on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The "Establishment" isn't monolothic.
    Truth. WE are the establishment in a few states and in many counties. Add in the Tea Party folks and you add in many more counties.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    This. If 2016 doesn't pan out, he can pull out and take that groundwork laid to try again in 2020, hopefully increasing his support in the process--just as Ron did from 2008 to 2012. More name recognition and political capital for Rand should also help any like minded candidates running down ticket between now and then...
    Right I do not think we will see a repeat of the 08/12 strategy at all. Rand will run a much more traditional campaign, and will drop out if he doesn't win early on.

Rand Paul / Jim Demint
    Rand Paul / Tom Davis
    Rand Paul / Judge Nap

of those I think Paul / Demint has the most "electability"

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Rand Paul / Jim Demint
    Rand Paul / Tom Davis
    Rand Paul / Judge Nap

of those I think Paul / Demint has the most "electability"
    I think the chances of the ticket being two white males is slim.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Paul/Cruz would be a pretty dynamite ticket.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast