Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul 2016 - Join, or Die.

Rand Paul 2016 - Join, or Die.

Yes, another Rand Paul 2016 thread. Sorry. But I have come to the conclusion that Rand may just be our last hope and I see a lot of mixed feelings about Rand in this movement, some don't trust him or give him nearly enough credit for the things he's done so far.

Remember, everyday the police state is creeping in all around us, everyday it gets harder to breathe. Our money is becoming worthless, our children's future looks bleak. Tyrants and bureaucrats run rough shod over the American people and there isn't much fight left in them.

But Romney's loss presents us with a clear chance.

I don't like speaking for this movement as if my opinion matters, but I'm afraid if I don't speak up right now that we might not get another chance at this again.

We will restore Liberty to this nation.

Last edited by VoluntaryAmerican; 11-08-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

+ rep Rand Paul and his message of liberty.

I'm on board (unless he starts casting a bunch of crazy votes)

I don't have mixed feelings. Rand is just as good as his dad on issues with better presentation. As soon as there is work do or a place to donate I'm in.

As long as the evangelists don't get their hands on him, ill back him.

I told people that they needed to let his endorsement play out and get off his case. I've also been critical of that endorsement because I thought it was completely unnecessary.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

That endorsement still bothers me but he's by far the best out there. Will join.
    There are no rights but property rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

im on board as long as he votes 95% of the way he should vote. OR unless someone better comes along (there are some, but they dont have the name or seniority or popularity yet).

in politics, it is all about name recognition and jingles and emotions. it is quite sad that people vote for the person that they hear the most or vote for the person that has good hair/booty or vote for the person who had a nice slogan and etc etc.

i know there are probably people as principled and consistent as ron, but they don't have much presence on the media and etc etc.

i think we may just might need a much bigger rand paul sub-forum... somehow

+Rep. It's time for the purists to realize that Rand is the best option we have in 2016.

Can we get this made into a bumper sticker? Something like "Rand Paul 2016" followed by "Republicans, Join or die"

Rand has by far the best shot for POTUS, though I think his dad would have had a better shot if they gave actually gave him one.. Rand won't be able to pull as much from the left, but he should be able to pull a massive hunk of the GOP that Ron had a hard time getting.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    Can we get this made into a bumper sticker? Something like "Rand Paul 2016" followed by "Republicans, Join or die"

Great concept.. I'll work on this.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    +Rep. It's time for the purists to realize that Rand is the best option we have in 2016.
    It's time for the purists to either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

That's a brilliant concept! We should hand them out at CPAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    It's time for the purists to either lead, follow, or get out of the way.
    Unless the purists can find someone as pure as Ron Paul AND has the chance/popularity... Then there is no one else.

I am sure there are plenty of "Ron Paul's", but they don't have the popularity or familiarity with the public. Only recently do we have people in the senate and house that are for our cause, but they are still "young" and need to build their rep and experience up to have a chance. I doubt that can happen in the 3-4 year time span for 2016.

That is the only reason why we are looking at Rand. Rand might not be like Ron, but he is sure better than anyone the democrats or republicans can dig up. I am sure purists can agree to that.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Rand has by far the best shot for POTUS, though I think his dad would have had a better shot if they gave actually gave him one.. Rand won't be able to pull as much from the left, but he should be able to pull a massive hunk of the GOP that Ron had a hard time getting.
    Almost every democrat voter I've talked to over the years, liked Ron but I think it had alot to do with how Ron would criticize the GOP constantly, but when it came down to voting, they stuck with their party. Obviously the exception is Ron's supporters that were democrats before hand, but in the end it wasn't nearly enough to win primaries. On the other hand people on ther right as we all know had a very negative perception of Ron for his presentation of our ideology, and it is those people we need to actually win. Ron obviously was working towards building this movement and Rand is the second phase of progression. Just thinking out loud. LOL

Rand 2016 all the way!

Excellent concept. I just wonder how the sensitive people will react to it?
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

If the establishment backs him, I won't vote for him, because I'll know he was compromised.

Good grief Dick chances are the establishment won't back him until he wins! But geez, he's going to have to win over people that you wouldn't expect in order to gain the nomination. We want to spread our message, including other Republicans finding their brains. If they stand with Rand without manipulating him, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Chaney View Post
    If the establishment backs him, I won't vote for him, because I'll know he was compromised.
    Stop being a hipster. Just because someone discovered a song you already liked doesn't mean the song sucks.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Excellent concept. I just wonder how the sensitive people will react to it?
    We're a force to be reckoned with and they know it. The Randslide starts now. This campaign needs to be run like a grass roots Juggernaut. If we can pick up enough steam by the time the primaries roll around, we'll be unstoppable and hopefully the party faithful will fall in line. The party is weak and looking to rebrand itself. We are the brand. We bring the young people, we bring the minorities, we bring the independents/democrats and they know it. We have to be forceful. We hold all the cards and we should act like it. They can't win without us and they've seen what happens when they malign us. Rub it in their faces.
    If they reject us, remind them of their failures and what happens when we don't show up.

We need bumper stickers and shirts NOW. Damn I'm fired up. 2016 is ours.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Stop being a hipster. Just because someone discovered a song you already liked doesn't mean the song sucks.
    No kidding. You'd think at some point we'd stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Chaney View Post
    What is with all of these strings attached. How would you like to have supporters telling you "you better not get support from anyone seen as the 'establishment'.." WTF is that all about? As a supporter I want him to win, and I would be pissed off if he didn't try his best to get as much support as possible to further our ideology by winning.

Great concept.. I'll work on this.

Awesome!

Rand Paul 2016 or bust.
    “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” -CS Lewis

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast