Thread: alternative currencies in action: Slysoft offers 40% discount promotion if paid by Bitcoin

alternative currencies in action: Slysoft offers 40% discount promotion if paid by Bitcoin

I've never used Bitcoin or Slysoft's products (they make software that allows you to make copies of discs you own by bypassing anti-copying mechanisms), but thought the econ section here might be interested in this kind of thing:

Pay with Bitcoin and get a 40% discount!

Until Sunday, November 18 2012 we offer a 40% discount on all purchases paid with Bitcoins.

Bitcoin is an amazing new and safe digital currency, almost like virtual cash money. It's decentralized with no or very low fees.

If you are already a Bitcoin pro, just select the products from our purchase page, proceed to the checkout, and enjoy our Bitcoin discount.

If you don't know what Bitcoins are and you don't know how to get them, please have a look at our Bitcoin Tutorial

Check out bitcoinfriday.com for more Bitcoin Friday discounts.
    I sometimes get discounts when ordering things for using a particular credit card so I keep 1 of each major type (Visa/MC/Amex/Disc) handy, and sometimes I even see discounts for using a card from a particular issuing bank (such as a Chase card)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People that make illegal copies of disk are more than likely just using a free cracked version of their software anyways.
    Guess they are willing to try anything to sell some software.

I use slysoft's virtual clone drive. It lets you mount disk images in windows 7 64 bit.
    It works flawlessly like you popped in the retail DVD into a physical drive.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post
    People that make illegal copies of disk are more than likely just using a free cracked version of their software anyways.
    Guess they are willing to try anything to sell some software.

I use slysoft's virtual clone drive. It lets you mount disk images in windows 7 64 bit.
    It works flawlessly like you popped in the retail DVD into a physical drive.
    yeah, pay us to pirate somebody else's stuff, but don't pirate our stuff!

First of all, making copies doesn't imply piracy - it's a good idea to make backups of discs you own and/or want to keep in good condition (kids can scratch them up for example). AnyDVD HD does more than allow copying - you can play foreign region discs and bypass HDCP, a "feature" that handicaps your movie output resolution if you're not using a compliant connection, which could be because of your player or monitor. My laptop has only VGA and SVIDEO out. I'm considering replacing its DVD drive with a Blu-Ray drive, and this software would allow me to display the full resolution