Thread: Trevor Lyman's, famous for organizing the 1st Ron Paul Moneybomb, post election analysis

Trevor Lyman's, famous for organizing the 1st Ron Paul Moneybomb, post election analysis

Trevor Lyman's, famous for organizing the 1st Ron Paul Moneybomb, posted some important post election analysis information to his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/lyman.trevor
    https://www.facebook.com/lyman.trevo...51084700632331

I think the best thing our movement can do now is focus on bringing maximum liberty to one state. If we can create a one-state-liberty breakthrough we can create a platform for pushing back against the Federal government via nullification. Ron Paul campaigned on getting rid of all the departments. Nullification is how we do it.

I also think New Hampshire is the place for our one state breakthrough. It's small enough so we can win, it's important to the national stage and it comes with a liberty minded constituency that is very open to more constitutional/libertarian ideas. Plus there are hundreds of activists of all kinds working hard in New Hampshire already.

While we can't all move to New Hampshire (and for those who can... freestateproject.com) we can all decide to give 10% of our liberty efforts and donations to causes, etc. in that state. If our entire movement gave ten percent to New Hampshire the state would be ours in no time, and then we have a place to point to that proves that liberty works. THAT will convert the rest of the states faster than anything else we can do and 50 states bent on nullification will effectively neuter the Federal government and stop all of the destruction they are causing.
    What does everyone think of this?

Should be vote with their feet?

What are some of the best groups in New Hampshire, besides the Free State Project, that should be donated to?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Interesting post!

Besides the FSP, here are a few organizations I thought of.

New Hampshire Liberty Alliance http://www.nhliberty.org/
    Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire http://rlcnh.org/
    New Hampshire Conservative Senate PAC http://www.nhinsider.com/press-relea...o-distrac.html
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    What are some of the best groups in New Hampshire, besides the Free State Project, that should be donated to?
    I agree that out of state funds should flow into NH via Liberty initiatives.

I saw a lot of great projects in NH due to FSPers. I liked the efforts in trying to fund children who are in public schools helping to pay for private school.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

He commented on this a couple times already.

Trevor Lyman Certainly everyone should focus on making things happen in their own state, I'm just suggesting we create a focus on NH so that we can be sure to push through there, which will help us push through in other states, etc.
    4 hours ago · Unlike · 4
    Trevor Lyman So if you're in TX do your thing, but also it would be a good idea to follow a NH based activist project and support them when and where you can. If our whole movement did this...we've seen what happens when we focus with Ron Paul.
    4 hours ago · Unlike · 4

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Interesting post!
    I certainly thought so, but it needs follow through.

Who is left here that are actually willing to do stuff? Laying the groundwork for 2014 and 2016?

-t

A poster posted this on Trevor's Facebook page.
    If you just focus on one state the police state will roll in and lock it down
    I think it has to be every state. We just have to be better community organizers like Obama but for Liberty and Freedom.
    The comment didn't make any sense on several levels. For example, Trevor started this whole thing by saying focus on where you are and New Hampshire. His exact words were

I also think New Hampshire is the place for our one state breakthrough. It's small enough so we can win, it's important to the national stage and it comes with a liberty minded constituency that is very open to more constitutional/libertarian ideas. Plus there are hundreds of activists of all kinds working hard in New Hampshire already.

While we can't all move to New Hampshire (and for those who can... freestateproject.com) we can all decide to give 10% of our liberty efforts and donations to causes, etc. in that state. If our entire movement gave ten percent to New Hampshire the state would be ours in no time, and then we have a place to point to that proves that liberty works. THAT will convert the rest of the states faster than anything else we can do and 50 states bent on nullification will effectively neuter the Federal government and stop all of the destruction they are causing.
    Nevertheless, Trevor responded to her comment.
    Actually I think New Hampshire is proving the opposite. Police in NH are much more aware that people are watching them than before. Open carry marches have actually taught the police to back off from people who carrying guns, as is their right. The police need a lot more work though, of course. But in general because the liberty movement has increased in number and so the spotlight on the police has grown larger. Shine the light on the government and it stops doing bad things, generally speaking.
    BTW, Trevor has around 5,000 friends and 1,000s of subscribers on his personal Facebook page. You may subscribe to him. https://www.facebook.com/lyman.trevor

This doesn't sound like the best use of resources. Here's why:

1) One state does not make a very significant argument, as we've all seen how quickly stats about Massachusetts or Texas were immediately dismissed when provided in support of Mitt Romney or Rick Perry. A single positive anecdote for liberty is hardly worth moving resources to a single state in the 50 US states.

2) We continue to win new seats in favorable districts in places that are not New Hampshire. Thomas Massie and Justin Amash have both risen through the ranks in conservative-leaning districts in the midwest, a place that isn't traditionally liberty friendly, but has afforded us huge success.

3) It concentrates some systematic risk in that we have no hedge against whatever bad deed might come out of New Hampshire at a time our candidates are making in-roads within the state. We've seen how good events do little to help Liberty candidates while a single bad event or data point can crush them.

4) The most logical progression is from state office to Federal office. Thus, we should work to have several people in several states so that they can graduate into federal office in much the same way that Massie and Amash have. Having a bunch of state reps that can never be federal reps in a single state just seems like a waste.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.