Thread: RON PAUL VS. The Federal Reserve

RON PAUL VS. The Federal Reserve

I was hoping someone here could offer me video clips of Ron Paul explaining his problems with the Federal Reserve and how he plans to break it up and destroy and remove it and how he plans the country to accept and move past it. I do not like many aspects of the Fed and would enjoy learning from R.P. and his educated words.

Of course if anyone else just wants to share their thoughts or include quotes form other people or videos or links, etc, that is great too -- I welcome all thoughts talking about how and why this Fed needs to be GONE!!

Thank You to all in advance!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    have you read, End the Fed?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    have you read, End the Fed?

I have not, is it something someone on here wrote, or something i should search for online?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyPA View Post
    I have not, is it something someone on here wrote, or something i should search for online?
    Ron Paul wrote it.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyPA View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/End-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/B004IEA4DM

I will add it to my list.
    Thanks to you both!!

is there anything else you can offer tonight -- in video or text from him?

The fundamental problem with Fed is mainly two-fold.

1) Money-creation & inflation - Well, the more money Fed creates, the less valuable money in our pockets becomes, it's just general supply & demand economics, the more of something is created the less valuable it becomes. So when Fed creates more money, your purchasing-power (ability to buy stuff) is being reduced & stolen by the government. This is just the basics -: The Fed as Giant Counerfeiter

2) Fed & Boom-Bust Cycles - These are basically periods of massive inflationary growth followed by recessions. Although boom-bust cycles (also known as Business Cycles) used to occur before Fed was created, Fed's interference just makes them worse.

There could be slightly different ways in which we can try to transition to a better monetary sytem but here's Ron Paul's version of it, which doesn't even involve touching the Fed (as there will be strong opposition to ending it) but instead his solution revolves around helping create a parallel monetary standard which will render Fed useless & once that's achieved then people will no longer be scared about ending Fed. -: The Political and Economic Agenda for a Real Gold Standard
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Or Nothing II View Post
    The fundamental problem with Fed is mainly two-fold.

1) Money-creation & inflation - Well, the more money Fed creates, the less valuable money in our pockets becomes, it's just general supply & demand economics, the more of something is created the less valuable it becomes. So when Fed creates more money, your purchasing-power (ability to buy stuff) is being reduced & stolen by the government. This is just the basics -: The Fed as Giant Counerfeiter

2) Fed & Boom-Bust Cycles - These are basically periods of massive inflationary growth followed by recessions. Although boom-bust cycles (also known as Business Cycles) used to occur before Fed was created, Fed's interference just makes them worse.

There could be slightly different ways in which we can try to transition to a better monetary sytem but here's Ron Paul's version of it, which doesn't even involve touching the Fed (as there will be strong opposition to ending it) but instead his solution revolves around helping create a parallel monetary standard which will render Fed useless & once that's achieved then people will no longer be scared about ending Fed. -: The Political and Economic Agenda for a Real Gold Standard
    Let me add an important element to #1.

When the federal reserve prints a trillion dollars it doesn't cause inflation at that moment. And when the The Fed prints that money, it doesn't just sit there in their bank vaults. It has to get out into the economy. It is done through low interest loans to mega banks (Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Bank of America, and JPMorgan Chase are the most well known American banks, along with Royal Bank of Scotland, UBS, Deutsche Bank, and Barclays) among others. In other words some of the most popular business' in the world .

Anyway these big banks invest in assets that out produce the price if inflation (often Stocks). They repay their loans to the Fed, and pocket the rest of their earnings. Meanwhile the business who are the beneficiaries of this "investment" spend their money on whatever and as this money circulates through the economy, the market reacts to the increase supply of money and prices go up for the rest of us.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thequietkid10 View Post
    Let me add an important element to #1.

When the federal reserve prints a trillion dollars it doesn't cause inflation at that moment. And when the The Fed prints that money, it doesn't just sit there in their bank vaults. It has to get out into the economy. It is done through low interest loans to mega banks (Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Bank of America, and JPMorgan Chase are the most well known American banks, along with Royal Bank of Scotland, UBS, Deutsche Bank, and Barclays) among others. In other words some of the most popular business' in the world .

Anyway these big banks invest in assets that out produce the price if inflation (often Stocks). They repay their loans to the Fed, and pocket the rest of their earnings. Meanwhile the business who are the beneficiaries of this "investment" spend their money on whatever and as this money circulates through the economy, the market reacts to the increase supply of money and prices go up for the rest of us.
    Probably the only thing I'd agree on is that money actually needs to get into the economy for it cause inflation.

Anyways, the belief that banks like borrowing from Fed is just an OWS myth, Fed charges much higher interest than the market-rate so banks usually only borrow from them when there's a crisis of some sort & not all banks always qualify for it.

Let's say if borrowing from Fed was so profitable & interest-cost on Fed's loans was so manageable then banks would never want to pay back the loans, in fact, they'd want to borrow more, more & more forever & the biggest item on the Fed's balance sheet would be "Loans to Banks" & it would grow perpetually but as far as real world goes, this hasn't been the case in Fed's history, in fact, until the recent crisis, the biggest & perpetually growing item on the Fed's Balance Sheet since Fed's creation has been the U.S. Treasuries/debt, which is to say that Fed has been perpetually funding government since its inception with ACTUALLY FREE money (since Fed returns back the interest Treasury "pays" to Fed)

Ultimately, Fed exists to finance the government by monetizing the debt & driving down interest on debt.
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman