Thread: Liberty Iowa candidates Election results

Liberty Iowa candidates Election results

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&hl=en#gid=0

We elected 3 candidates. Two were incumbent Republicans that did not endorse Paul. One was running unopposed.

More information can be found at www.libertyiowa.com and www.sos.iowa.gov

Congrats to Jake Highfill!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    3 of 12... not very good but many of the candidates were running in DEM districts. Most people did not expect Obama to do this well in the state which helped DEM's across the ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&hl=en#gid=0

We elected 3 candidates. Two were incumbent Republicans that did not endorse Paul. One was running unopposed.

More information can be found at www.libertyiowa.com and www.sos.iowa.gov

Congrats to Jake Highfill!
    Were there any other pro-liberty candidates in IA? If you add L Gary Johnson and L Eric Cooper it is 3 out of 14. I find it hard to believe that only 2 LP candidates ran in IA in 2012.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 11-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I looked over the lists. There were only two Libertarian candidates running for state or federal office. There were a handful that were nominated by petition but I don't know their views. There may have been some running for a county position but I am not aware of any. If you want to look over the results for all 99 counties go ahead.

Thank you for looking over the list. The LP of Iowa website doesn't list any candidates, from what I can tell. http://www.lpia.org/

If the finally tally that we can figure, 14 liberty candidates ran in IA and 3 won?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Yep, 3 won. One of our state senate candidates was nominated in August. That is not much time to win an election. Many of the others were running in heavy DEM districts in a big DEM turnout year.