Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America's Future Looks Bright

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

America's Future Looks Bright

Don't let the ups and downs of the market scare you, the economy is looking better every day!

Short term trends bringing 1999 back:

Long-term trends in America's favor:

How to improve your future:

How not to improve your future:
    • Waste time on the internet debating issues in which you have no invested interest.
    • Be a cynical pessimist because no one wants to work with pessimists.
    • Fear doomsday scenarios and waste years away with inaction.
    Last edited by Jordan; 11-07-2012 at 11:43 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dream on
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Dream on
    Pessimism was so last year. Lost decade? Pfft, see the brightness shining through - it's halfway over!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Pessimism was so last year. Lost decade? Pfft, see the brightness shining through - it's halfway over!
    I'm one of the happiest people you will ever meet. But not because I see the econmic future as anything but a steaming pile of ORMUS
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

It depends on where you are looking at it from. If the viewpoint is from the lofty peak of the housing bubble, things are bad. If you are looking from the bottom of the recession, things have improved quite a bit. Improved enough? No. But have been improving.

This is a joke right?

I negative repd you for your post. Seriously Jordan, your comments are starting to resemble professional sarcasm posters. There is absolutely zero basis for saying the country in general has a bright future ahead of itself (given its current path of projectile). The single biggest problem, that you don't even bother mentioning, is the federal reserve and other central banks. They have taken over the stock, bond, currency markets, and any price signals from them are now meaningless. This is leading to the biggest mis allocation of capital in the history of the world. Interest rates of completely bankrupt states are negative after accounting for inflation and people are bidding up risk assets in search of any yield on capital. This makes all of the markets very prone to crash, as they are not driven by real fundamental supply/demand any more but rather central bank decisions of qe 1..2..3...4...5...n. The real craziness will begin when the ignition of this misallocation (money printing) makes a debt crisis turn into a currency crisis. No one knows when, but this ponzi scheme is coming down whether you like it or not.

Now as far as improving ones self, when has rpforums been filled with people against gaining new skills and marketing ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    I negative repd you for your post. Seriously Jordan, your comments are starting to resemble professional sarcasm posters. There is absolutely zero basis for saying the country in general has a bright future ahead of itself (given its current path of projectile). The single biggest problem, that you don't even bother mentioning, is the federal reserve and other central banks. They have taken over the stock, bond, currency markets, and any price signals from them are now meaningless. This is leading to the biggest mis allocation of capital in the history of the world. Interest rates of completely bankrupt states are negative after accounting for inflation and people are bidding up risk assets in search of any yield on capital. This makes all of the markets very prone to crash, as they are not driven by real fundamental supply/demand any more but rather central bank decisions of qe 1..2..3...4...5...n. The real craziness will begin when the ignition of this misallocation (money printing) makes a debt crisis turn into a currency crisis. No one knows when, but this ponzi scheme is coming down whether you like it or not.

Now as far as improving ones self, when has rpforums been filled with people against gaining new skills and marketing ourselves?
    You're going to have to come up with a big ol' supply of negative rep because I intend to keep on sharing the good news. Price signals are not meaningless, they point to reality: there's so much cash out there just waiting for the next awesome good and service to buy. There's no debt crisis in the US as everyone is raising money.

The good times are back, jclay2. Sure, our system has its ups and downs, but we're back on the upswing. Why not celebrate?

Is the United States without a single problem? NOOOPE. We have plenty of problems, but we also have opportunities. We have a cheap trained workforce, tons of energy, plenty of liquidity, and healthy levels of investment throughout the United States. A hyperfocus on monetary policy shouldn't blind us from the greenshoots. Don't hate me for sharing the good news; it's always good to have multiple perspectives on every issue.

Here's some +rep to get you in the mindset of thinking positively!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    What are you smoking Jordan?
    High on good vibes, man.

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    This is a joke right?
    No. Life's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I'm one of the happiest people you will ever meet. But not because I see the economic future as anything but a steaming pile of ORMUS
    Glad to hear things are good, Acala.
    Last edited by Jordan; 11-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And bringing 1999 back? That's right before the dot-com bubble popped. Why would we want to go through that again?

Low rates fuel capital investment at home - Booyah! Investment in the United States running at a good level.
    - That seems to be trending down.

Businesses have record amounts of cash they'll have to return or invest - This cash will fuel all kinds of economic growth.
    Return? Who are they going to return it to? My guess is that they'll sell off any investments they have before the end of the year, then buy back their company stock.

Don't feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post

This.
    Last edited by NoOneButPaul; 11-09-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    It's just an opinion... man...

What are you smoking Jordan?

• Waste time on the internet debating issues in which you have no invested interest.
    +Rep
    America's Future Looks Bright:
    Hope for America
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

+ rep with a note: dont mind them you are all idiots.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

I can't figure out why you think the price of labor in China is going to rise dramatically. Do you realize how many Chinese people there actually are? No, you can't.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I can't figure out why you think the price of labor in China is going to rise dramatically. Do you realize how many Chinese people there actually are? No, you can't.
    It has already been rising. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/18/op...more.html?_r=0

Chinese Labor, Cheap No More

By MICHELLE DAMMON LOYALKA

Published: February 17, 2012

(snip)

But while China’s industrial subsidies, trade policies, undervalued currency and lack of enforcement for intellectual property rights all remain sticking points for the United States, there is at least one area in which the playing field seems to be slowly leveling: the cheap labor that has made China’s factories nearly unbeatable is not so cheap anymore.

China has experienced sporadic labor shortages, which in turn have driven up its once rock-bottom labor costs. This trend is particularly evident in the weeks following China’s Spring Festival, or New Year, when more than 100 million rural migrants return to the countryside to spend the year’s biggest holiday with family. Coaxing those same migrants back into the urban work force has proven increasingly difficult.

This year has been no exception. Although nearly two weeks have passed since the Lantern Festival that officially marks the end of the 15-day holiday, cities across China are still facing a serious labor shortfall. In order to lure new workers and retain the old, some companies give employees sizable bonuses just for coming back to work, while others offer cash for every new employee they bring along with them. And in many areas, wage increases ranging from 10 to 30 percent have become the norm.

Despite all this, cities like Beijing, Shenzhen and Guangzhou are still short hundreds of thousands of migrant workers. Shandong Province is missing a full third of its migrant work force, and Hubei Province reports a loss of more than 600,000 workers. Last week, the Chinese government released a report describing this year’s post-Spring Festival labor shortage as not only more pronounced than in years past, but also longer-lasting and wider in scope.

Numerous factors underlie China’s mounting labor woes. Until now the country has been able to achieve its stunning economic growth by shifting large numbers of farmers into nonagricultural jobs. Over the past several years economists have warned that China may be reaching the so-called Lewis Turning Point — the stage at which the rural surplus labor pool effectively runs dry and wages begin to rapidly increase.

At the same time, China’s population has been steadily aging, and by 2020 the nation will have more than 200 million people over age 60. Furthermore, rising living costs in urban China coupled with markedly improved conditions in rural areas are encouraging many would-be migrant workers to look for opportunities closer to home.

In addition to a shortage in the sheer number of available workers, China’s labor problems are further exacerbated by a shift in the quality and character of its work force. For the older generation, there is very little that a factory or foreman can dish out that seems too difficult to deal with, given that they witnessed, or grew up with parents who had witnessed, the nation’s rocky ride through the Communist Revolution, collectivization, the disastrous Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution. These are the people who pioneered the model of migrant labor on which Chinese manufacturing has come to depend: long hours in substandard conditions, all for a fraction of what United States workers earn.
    In the past, China’s migrant workers were just thankful not to go hungry; today they are savvy and secure enough to start being choosy. Higher salaries, basic benefits, better working conditions and less physically taxing jobs are only the beginning of their demands, and for many factories, these are already too costly to be tenable.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-08-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Actually , Jan1 , all improvements will stop , I believe and the new decline will start .....

The Bernank agrees with this

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

I believe we have hit a plateau in the environment, people, energy resources. So I can't see it getting better unless the problems that most don't want to focus on are not dealt with. How could nobody of taken Hyman Rickover seriously.

Good to see someone who doesn't let politics get in the way of his real life. Kudos OP, and agree.

I've seen people come to this country with nothing, absolutely nothing, and work their ass off at a corner store to make a better life for themselves, regardless of who the President is or what the debt is like. When champions fail, they look within. Losers look for someone to blame.

I wil be alright , the Country ? not so well ....

Please see China's demographic and geographic problems. Labor force isn't as big as you think.

And bringing 1999 back? That's right before the dot-com bubble popped. Why would we want to go through that again?

- That seems to be trending down.

Return? Who are they going to return it to? My guess is that they'll sell off any investments they have before the end of the year, then buy back their company stock.
    Buying back shares is a return of cash to shareholders. I only wish S&P 500 companies would do this! Soon enough!

Capex can't stay high forever. Still, run rate is good. I'm talking about partying like it's 1999 because things are so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateman15 View Post
    Don't feed the trolls.
    If having a different perspective = trolling, then I'm a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBowman View Post
    Good to see someone who doesn't let politics get in the way of his real life. Kudos OP, and agree.

I've seen people come to this country with nothing, absolutely nothing, and work their ass off at a corner store to make a better life for themselves, regardless of who the President is or what the debt is like. When champions fail, they look within. Losers look for someone to blame.
    I hear you on that. America is the best place in the world to compete, but that means the competition is only getting tougher.
    Last edited by Jordan; 11-08-2012 at 12:13 PM.

This is sarcasm right? Please tell me it is...

If not, you have to ask why the Fed is doing QE. If everything looks rosey they have no reason to do so, it smells like desperation to me, because they know $#@! is going to hit the fan.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess it's all a matter of perspective. Looks awfully bright from where I'm sitting.

I suppose everything's ice cream and beer if you're the Fed Chairman, but here in the real world America's future is anything but bright...

The Eight Scariest Charts For Equity Bulls

For Third Year In A Row, Gold Outperfoming Stocks

The Next Four Years Won't Be As Good As The Last

Recession Probability - 100%
    Last edited by AmericasLastHope; 11-09-2012 at 02:56 AM.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

Gold is setting up for a major move so there will be some 'news' behind it.I'm not in the club that knows what it is.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

However there's always the chance paper has one more great bubble left in it, but if that happens it will drive the prices of commodities back down and we could really take advantage since we know a huge currency event will happen in the future.

I don't think that last bubble is coming though... I think we got the last great one in the 90s. Ron Paul has now woken too many people up, regardless of whether or not they were or are apart of the movement, the economic ideas he's preaching cannot be unheard and over the last 5 years we've made sure they've been heard across the internet. Information about unsound money and federal reserve intervention is pretty well known at this point and because of that a huge segment of the population will NEVER regain the confidence or TRUST they had in the system before Ron Paul.

The entire paper system is built on this trust, and while a lot of people will march back into it there are now too many of us that understand what's going on. If we play the bubbles right we won't have anything to worry about until the currency does start to crumble... they however will not let it crash, they'll give us a new currency before then and the process will continue...

Still, an understanding of Austrian economics can save you from this, I can't stress how important it is to learn these economics... together we could do a lot of good and prove to people the ideas are correct and it would legitimize the school even further.

Either the bubbles will continue and we can play them masterfully, or the currency will crumble back to earth and the commodities we've been stockpiling will rise.
    Last edited by NoOneButPaul; 11-09-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    It's just an opinion... man...

I beg to disagree. America's future looks a lot like Europe, which is effed.
    Last edited by matt0611; 11-14-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast