Don't let the ups and downs of the market scare you, the economy is looking better every day!
Short term trends bringing 1999 back:
- Low rates fuel capital investment at home - Booyah! Investment in the United States running at a good level.
- Businesses are making good use of existing capacity - Weakness? Meh, in the aggregate the economy is doing just fine.
- Businesses have record amounts of cash they'll have to return or invest - This cash will fuel all kinds of economic growth.
- Fiscal cliff crisis will be averted - Fiscal cliff is just a temporary concern. Don't sweat it.
- American debt service ratio declining; households are deleveraging, but are poised to increase their spending - All Americans, not RPF, but all Americans, are doing quite well as they make all the right moves to repay old debt and prepare for future spending.
Long-term trends in America's favor:
- Insourcing is bringing back American jobs Jobs, baby - jobs!
- Chinese labor is expensive! BCG expects it to be on par with American worker wages by 2015.
- We're sitting on 2.2 quadrillion cubic feet of natural gas - We have enough energy to last a loooong time; and it's cheap to bring to the ground, too!
How to improve your future:
- Buy a home because renting is for suckers
- Look for a job in America's fastest growing industry!
- Go back to school for a degree because employers are ready to hire skilled workers.
- Start looking for a degree that will give you a good return - Several have 0% unemployment, and six-figure wages.
How not to improve your future:
- Waste time on the internet debating issues in which you have no invested interest.
- Be a cynical pessimist because no one wants to work with pessimists.
- Fear doomsday scenarios and waste years away with inaction.