Thread: Attention Democrats!

Attention Democrats!

Congratulations on your victory yesterday. But please don’t let the President off the hook again. You may have had to worry about his re-election, but that is no longer the case. He cannot run again. While many of us agree that he was far better than the alternative, there is no longer a need to support the bad policies for which he is responsible.

If you support him because of social issues, you will find many friends in this movement. If you dislike crony capitalism, I guarantee you we have much in common!

But if you dislike what he has done with respects to indefinite detention, kill lists, drone warfare, and foreign intervention, don’t let him off the hook! You wouldn’t support a Republican doing this, don’t support a Democrat doing this.

Our movement is about seeing through the left/right paradigm to discuss the real issues without partisanship. We have an opportunity here to forge an alliance to remove the bad policies that both parties are promoting. We understand that our view of economics may be hard to grasp initially – many of us have had to make this difficult journey of understanding. But we agree on so much, we shouldn’t let these differences divide us.

The political parties on both sides use these minor differences to divide us against each other. And they are quite successful. Now that the election is over, I urge you to seek our help on our points of agreement and try to keep an open mind about how to achieve our mutual goals. Now is the time to remove the partisan blinders and tell these politicians that they may no longer divide us for their own political advantage.

For Liberty!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *crickets*
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    *crickets*
    Yeah, I expected as much.

(really, this pair of posts were intended to be instructional on how to have these conversations with partisans. By striking a unifying message rather than a divisive one, my hope is that we can set this movement up perfectly for the next couple of cycles. When the collapse happens, people will need a way through.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Very eloquent & unifying messege, however, IMO, Obama supporters were only interested to see 'their' candidate win. IMO, they don't care about NDAA, drone warfare, crony-capitalism, foreign intervention etc. The only thing that matters is "their candidate won". In my conversations with some of his supporters, they don't like ANY form of capitalism.

If a collapse were to happen, it would be blamed on George Bush & of course, his supporters would believe it. OR blame would be placed on the Republicans for not supporting his efforts to "help" the poor & middle-class.

Sorry to be so pessimistic but I'm just telling you what I see.

Just as long as they know...their guy did not "win", the other guy lost.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.