Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2016 thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Rand Paul is only viable choice.
    He is only viable because he has the Paul name. Name recognition.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    Yes. But he also has credentials within the liberty movement. Many do not. He also has wide support amongst the mainstream GOP. He also builds coalitions within the party and outside the party. This keeps him respected among his peers and voters nationwide. Americans like people that 'build bridges' not burn them down.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Here's the shirt I wore to the polling place:

Got some funny looks.

And here's my ballot:

#forliberty!
    Last edited by mac_hine; 11-06-2012 at 05:50 PM.

He's also the only one on that list who is a US Senator of proper age and has the most libertarian voting record the Senate has seen in decades, as well as enough political talent and speaking ability to win over the base.

Anyone interested, pm me for a few more FNC/CNN/MSNBC streams. I wouldn't want to keep it all to myself...

s h a d o w n e t d o t r o stroke c h a n n e l s d o t p h p

:-)
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Gary johnson and jesse ventura?? Is this even a serious thread?

The best shot we have of electing a conservative is Demint

Quote Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
    RAND PAUL/JOHN STOSSEL (or TOM COBURN) 2016 or 2020
    Yeah, because we really need to pickup the swing state of Oklahoma.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    Yeah, because we really need to pickup the swing state of Oklahoma.
    Tom Coburn is legit. I'm also starting to question whether picking a guy from a swing state would really help us. The polls showed Portman/Rubio didn't do much for the ticket in their states. Also Ryan didn't help in Wisconsin.

So what? Viable candidate is viable.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

There will be no libertarian or freedom candidate in 2016. The race will be between Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    A bit premature, don't you think?

But if we're going to indulge ourselves in this, I'd like a Rand Paul/Ken Cuccinelli ticket.

Gary Johnson won't win if he runs again, LP is a waste of time and he'll never gain traction in the GOP.
    Andrew Napolitano is great, but not presidential material. Don't think he'd even win a congressional race.
    Jesse Ventura...lol
    Justin Amash is good, but he's too young. I don't think he'll be 35 in 2016 yet to be POTUS. He might not even have his House seat.
    I forgot about Cuccinelli. Amash would be good for Michigan (since it is a swing state), but Cuccinelli would have a lot more name recognition in his state AG and he is running for governor.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul25 View Post
    The best shot we have of electing a conservative is Demint
    Umm, no and he's retiring anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    There will be no libertarian or freedom candidate in 2016. The race will be between Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton. You heard it here first.
    Both parties will swing to their core base. I predict Rand Paul vs. Elizabeth Warren.

Right at this moment.. I'm just a hair more interested in 2013 and working on the home neighborhood
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Right at this moment.. I'm just a hair more interested in 2013 and working on the home neighborhood
    Party takeovers FTW

My #1 task is to get more people like us in office in 2014, so we are the leading voice for rebuilding in 2015.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let me be the first to throw it out there: Mark Sanford.

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    They would be the favorites (in a gambling sense) to be on the tickets at this point.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 11-07-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand vs. Warren would be a landslide for us. It would also probably truly show where we are at as a nation, considering Warren is far left and Rand is far right (in the right way).

Scott Walker on Greta

Republicans carried 5 of 8 CD
    Republicans won control of State assembly and senate

can someone tell him to change the electoral rules,and award by district

that would be 5 Rand electors in 2016

CNN already pushing their next black, Corey Booker

he is on Morgan all the time, and he is just a mayor

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    This is the official thread to begin the 2016 election season.

If there is still a United States, we should hold a Liberty primary to be decided the week before CPAC 2015. The winner of the liberty primary will get the full support of the movement along with pledged monetary support of all those who vote.

So, who should be on the candidate list?

Rand Paul
    Gary Johnson
    Justin Amash
    Jesse Ventura
    Ted Cruz has to be on any list. he is better than Rubio

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    A bit premature, don't you think?

But if we're going to indulge ourselves in this, I'd like a Rand Paul/Ken Cuccinelli ticket.

Gary Johnson won't win if he runs again, LP is a waste of time and he'll never gain traction in the GOP.
    Andrew Napolitano is great, but not presidential material. Don't think he'd even win a congressional race.
    Jesse Ventura...lol
    Justin Amash is good, but he's too young. I don't think he'll be 35 in 2016 yet to be POTUS. He might not even have his House seat.
    Justin Amash will be 35, and a senator; still too young but a logical choice for VP

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Ted Cruz has to be on any list. he is better than Rubio
    We shall see. So far so good.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Peter Schiff should be on the list
    only if he can win statewide in 2016

Governor of CT?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

possible Republican candidates

For what it's worth, these are the most oft cited potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates. The ones I've seen mentioned that is.

Jeb Bush
    Paul Ryan
    Chris Christie
    Rand Paul
    Marco Rubio
    Rick Santorum
    Mike Huckabee
    Sarah Palin
    Scott Walker
    Jim DeMint
    Rick Perry
    Bob McDonnel
    Bobby Jindal
    John Kasich
    Nikki Haley
    Sam Graves
    Susana Martinez
    Rob Portman
    Mitch Daniels
    Gary Johnson
    Luis Fortuno
    Last edited by Uriah; 11-07-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Justin Amash will be 35, and a senator; still too young but a logical choice for VP
    he wont be a senator

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    he wont be a senator
    2014 will be a huge Republican year, just as 1986 and 2006 were huge Dem years

Carl Levin will be 82, and very vulnerable

why not Amash for senator 2014?

Yes, 2014 will be an enormous GOP year. Anybody looking at getting their feet wet would be well-advised to start planning to run.

But the guy I want to run for US Senate is still going to need loads of cash.... so don't forget me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast