Thread: GOP insiders pick their 2016 candidate

GOP insiders pick their 2016 candidate

http://www.nationaljournal.com/blogs...p-candidate-09

Republican insiders think Rubio is the strongest candidate, followed by Jeb Bush. Democrats think Bush would be the strongest. Rand Paul is dead last in both lists.

I'm posting this to mainly show who the biggest opposition in 2016 will be. I can't imagine Bush will run, but the push for Rubio will be intense. They're going to try to "Romney" him. They'll portray him as the safe "sane" conservative who is electable

Also, Rand being dead last in a pool of insiders from both parties should show that the attempt to dismiss him as not a serious candiate has begun. It sohuld bechampioned by the campaign though. Makes a good slogan.

"Rand Paul 2016. The one the GOP insiders do not want."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is already another thread about this.

Anyway, Rand has a problem. The Tea Party is unpopular in the Northeast. It he wants to do as well as Ron did in the NH Primary, the VT Primary and the RI Primary, he should consider using the words tea party less and less over the next 4 years.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 11-13-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I doubt if it will be Rubio, but Jeb is possible.

Bush 43 was the only Republican nominee since 1968 not to have previously run in the primaries (except for Ford in 1976 who was the president)

Huck is also possible. and Huck would mean a Rubio VP

I worry about Rubio more than anyone.

Jeb's got that last name people don't like, and he's a bit of a liberal. Christie is large Romney, after New Hampshire he's likely to be ignored.

People need to get out how Rubio is a crook, and that before mid 2015. Use that credit card incident, and his flip flopping to get the general public against him.

Look folks, get a good look at his facebook page. He's popular. He needs to be addressed.

He is whose name is showing up on other forums right now.

If Rand wants to win, he needs to start courting New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina and Nevada, soon and thick.

He wins Iowa and NH in a row, people will catch on to any dismissive media bullcrap. From then on it's southern states. I believe he could win those with momentum.

Bet Santorum steps in again. Have to remind people social conservatism is general election suicide.
    Last edited by Victor Grey; 11-13-2012 at 06:06 AM.

The GOP hierarchy must be disbanded, who do they represent?

Certainly not anyone I know.

Hmm, Napolitano 2016?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Relax a little folks... 4 years is a long time.

You don't have to win the primary right now, you just have to make Rand an acceptable choice.

Personally, I'd like to have Rubio as the favorite going in to the primary. It won't be hard to demonstrate who he really is. When he falls, let Rand be the second choice. Jeb would be a little tougher, but 4 more years of blaming Bush is going to keep that name down.

Ron's problem is that when people began to drop off, they wouldn't look at him because he was unnacceptable to them. As long as Rand is an acceptable choice to the masses, we have the power to make him their final choice.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Walter B. Jones, Jr 2016.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Grey View Post
    I worry about Rubio more than anyone.

Jeb's got that last name people don't like, and he's a bit of a liberal. Christie is large Romney, after New Hampshire he's likely to be ignored.

People need to get out how Rubio is a crook, and that before mid 2015. Use that credit card incident, and his flip flopping to get the general public against him.

Look folks, get a good look at his facebook page. He's popular. He needs to be addressed.

He is whose name is showing up on other forums right now.

If Rand wants to win, he needs to start courting New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina and Nevada, soon and thick.

He wins Iowa and NH in a row, people will catch on to any dismissive media bullcrap. From then on it's southern states. I believe he could win those with momentum.

Bet Santorum steps in again. Have to remind people social conservatism is general election suicide.
    I'd worry more about Huck than Santorum; Huck has a likable personality, and that counts a lot.

George P Bush, son of Jeb, is running for governor or senator from Texas in 2014

if he wins the Bush name is resurrected

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    I'd worry more about Huck than Santorum; Huck has a likable personality, and that counts a lot.
    If he ran, I'd agree. Huckabee would be more concerning.

I wonder how that would play out if they both ran though. It'd be essentially splitting the social conservative vote.

I do know that in a primary, there's going to be a social conservative candidate, and that candidate will stay in the race for a while. The southern states where they would do well in coming later in the race.

It'd be bad news if they did well early.
    Last edited by Victor Grey; 11-13-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RP Supporter View Post
    Rand Paul is dead last in both lists.
    Don't worry, he's a brilliant politician. All it will take is a couple dozen more concessions over the next three years, and he's in like Flynn.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Ugghh, and Republican voters once again will listen to these morons.

How can the gop even consider a Bush. Are they trying to loose another election? Rubio sure hes a threat but Jeb Bush? cmon no one will go for that.

Its as if they have no one left to throw against Rand....oh wait