Thread: Greece shutsdown/austerity vote Wednesday

Greece shutsdown/austerity vote Wednesday

While the USA voted for the next president, Greece has been shutdown and austerity votes happen Wednesday 11/7/12.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe...919904471.html

This should be interesting.

Implementing the austerity plan is a precondition for Greece to qualify for a 31.5bn euro tranche of bailout funds from the European Union, International Monetary Fund and the European Central Bank.

Without it, Greece risks bankruptcy in mid-November.

On Sunday, Prime Minister Antonis Samaras stressed the importance of approving the package, saying that the country could be forced out of the eurozone if parliament were to veto the measures.

"We must save the country from catastrophe ... If we fail to save the euro nothing will make sense," he said.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    UPDATE: Austerity bill passes in Greek Parliment.
    http://news.yahoo.com/greece-narrowl...--finance.html

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Greece austerity...

I guess their EU money printing press is sputtering and needs an overhaul and chassis lube (or at least a propaganda oil change).

This is so sad to read - IMO, those "austerity cuts" are way too little, and way, way too late.
    The biased story fails to point out a potential cure (and the advantages) of the "total anarchy" solution.

Instead of shutting their government down completely, I see:

"Gov jobs - Gov jobs promised for life". Threats of possible future reductions in public services (provided by gov).

Pensions (promised for gov employees?) at age 67 (forced, or is that their minimum age?). It won't help to force non-gov employers to offer matching pensions too. "Something for nothing" can't work!

"Tax hikes"... I guess you can't have a good spending cut without a nice tax hike. Tax hikes! (Taxes on what, standing there in the street?)

Wanna' bet those gov employees get "ALL of theirs" before the trimmed down welfare checks go out to the "great unwashed" masses.

Most people expect too much (for free) and some will start fires, but everyone is in for endless gloom and doom as their government tightens the screws. ...Look out when the worst government tyrants decide to do something about those 80k people (subjects, useless eaters) standing there in the streets. What a mess!

I hope they can find a real solution that does not depend on government coercion, funny money fraud and brute force.

And, the "best part" about this story... it's all coming to Amerika eventually 'cause we are living the good lie too.
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 11-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.

[I]The reforms aim to lower public debts but will in the process also hurt the economy, which is set to enter a sixth year of recession with unemployment at a record 25 percent.[/I

If I were in Greece and had the ways and means I'd pack up.

SHTF
    Nice country, big mess...
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.