Thread: Transfer Roth IRA to one backed by metals

Transfer Roth IRA to one backed by metals

I've had a roth ira with american funds since I was younger and would like to change the fund it is in. I see no really good options for me through american funds and want to put it in something backed more by precious metals or foreign stocks/assets instead. It is not a large amount so I'm thinking that may restrict what options I have seeing that some places require a minimum. Does anybody have any advice or experience transfering a roth ira to a different fund focused more on what im looking for while avoiding penalties? I dont know of many reputable places to look at.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can roll it over to a gold broker like swiss america or someone else and put it in gold and silver coins. You could also open an Ira up with someone like sharebuilder and roll it over there into something like the Central Fund of Canada (CEF) or other gold funds/stocks. You need $2500 for sharebulder.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Roll it over to Fidelity and just buy GTU or PHYS.