Thread: What is wrong with silver?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am thinking the tipping point for the new high , may be, somewhere in the first few months of next year , as I expect zero growth in the economy, stock market to slide ,that is only my guess.
    I'm sure you are right. You have contemplated/studied this a lot longer than I. Maybe the question of when silver is no longer undervalue isn't the right question for my answer. Maybe the right question is; when does our saved silver become the common medium of exchange? Scarcity gives PM its credible value, but we need enough of it in enough hands to hit that critical point to make a useful medium of exchange and not just a store of value. I think it would be hard for me to part with it if I didn't think I will eventually receive silver or some other appropriately valued PM in exchange for a good or sevice I provided. Unless I am in a desperate situation. I understand that RFNs are a mandated currency, but if only a few thousand single RFNs were in existence. No mandate could make it the primary medium of exchange. I do understand that once a sound money is in use it need not be expanded, but i'm talking about the amount and amount of people needed to reach wide spread use as money.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 11-04-2012 at 11:09 PM.