Thread: Gas hits $15/gallon in New York

Exclamation Gas hits $15/gallon in New York

New York fuel "panic" grows even as ports open, reserves tapped

"Craigslist users started offering gasoline for as much as $15 a gallon to motorists and homeowners not wishing to brave the lines."

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/fuel-pipeli...130057461.html
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's funny how higher prices that SUPPLY the market with a desired commodity is called "gouging".

By funny, of course, I mean pathetic.

Fools, would you prefer high priced gas/food? Or none at all?
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

I've got no problem with this.

Thats why you buy gas before the storm. Living in S. Florida, anytime there is a named storm I always gas up my cars and fill my cans. At worst, I just put it back in my car once it is clear the storm won't impact us.

You should always have canned food and water anyways.

Unfortunately, most people live in the moment.
    Rand Paul 2016

Good. Hopefully, they won't get arrested. Maybe then those poor souls can get some relief!
    As soon as the word spreads that you can make huge profits by selling gas in NY and NJ, the gas shortage will be over.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    It's funny how higher prices that SUPPLY the market with a desired commodity is called "gouging".

By funny, of course, I mean pathetic.

Fools, would you prefer high priced gas/food? Or none at all?
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    Thats why you buy gas before the storm. Living in S. Florida, anytime there is a named storm I always gas up my cars and fill my cans. At worst, I just put it back in my car once it is clear the storm won't impact us.

You should always have canned food and water anyways.

Unfortunately, most people live in the moment.

agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Good. Hopefully, they won't get arrested. Maybe then those poor souls can get some relief!
    As soon as the word spreads that you can make huge profits by selling gas in NY and NJ, the gas shortage will be over.
    the market kicks ass
    Lībertās Aut Mors

Whenever, therefore, a lie has built unto itself a throne, let it be assailed without pity and without regret, for under the domination of a falsehood, no one can prosper.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in NY, and I'd like some $15 gas. That way I can drive to church and not worry that I'm using up the little I have left tomorrow.

Folks, sh*t's about to hit the fan here real quick if we dont have relief. this is why we need to bomb and occupy every Arab country to protect our interests, damn near civil unrest if we dont get our fuel
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Last time I was in New York , I probably paid, $24 for a high end draft beer , pack of cigarettes and a tip, what does gas normally run there ? 4.99 ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-03-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Price controls don't work, but this is an emergency, so we have to make an exception. #faultylogic

Individuals may be asking that much. The few stations operating have had what they are allowed to charge capped.