Thread: My review of the Mises Supporters Summit

My review of the Mises Supporters Summit

Last week, I was fortunate enough to attend the 2012 Mises Supporters Summit at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA. I arrived Friday morning around 11:30 and they had the bookstore open with free cofefe/snacks. Speaker were already walking around, including Tom Woods, Gary North, Butler Shaffer, Lew Rockwell, etc. Laurence Vance was also there, even though he wasn't a speaker. I'm going to post my highlights/favorite speakers from the event for now.

At 12ish we got meet Judge Napolitano and get pics with him. I also got a signed copy of It Dangerous To Be Right When the Government Is Wrong. He was also the first to speak for the first day. He talked a lot about natural law and even a bit of Lysander Spooner. Probably my favorite speech overall next to Dr. Pauls. Oh yeah, he also poked fun at Bill O'Reilly too, lol

Tom Woods gave a speech based on a Lew Rockwel article he had written called How Murrary Rothbard Changed My Mind On War. Tom talked a lot about his "neo-con" days in undergrad and how reading into the Austrian School and an-cap stuff changed his mind on war and how it should be viewed. Tom is an excellent public speaker, it is a real shame he wasn't used by the campaign.
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    space for next post
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright

Thanks for sharing. I'm guessing they haven't released the videos yet?

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I'm guessing they haven't released the videos yet?
    Which videos? Some are out. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.p...-Summit-Videos
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.