Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul, Tom Woods, Judge Nap at the Mises Summit

Ron Paul, Tom Woods, Judge Nap at the Mises Summit

No youtube yet of Paul's speech but here's the MP3
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lewrockwe...ching-freedom/

Reflections on the Loss of Liberty | Andrew P. Napolitano

How Murray Rothbard Changed my Mind on War | Thomas E. Woods, Jr.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-31-2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: youtube added

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I posted Ron's podcast, I didn't have the others, though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Yeah, I posted Ron's podcast, I didn't have the others, though.
    Sorry about that, Sailing.

LOL! No problem. as I said, you have more here.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

All I can say guys is, don't let this become an industry. Let's get 'er done and then just keep it steady. Don't let this become like "curing cancer" and there be more money in not curing it than really curing it.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Judge Napolitano's speech was my personal favorite of the first day, although all of the speakers there were amazing.
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright

Quote Originally Posted by seyferjm View Post
    Judge Napolitano's speech was my personal favorite of the first day, although all of the speakers there were amazing.
    Yea, I thought the judge did great.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I added Ron's youtube to the OP.

Here is a picture of some random person off the internet with Ron and Carol at the Mises Institute.

Really, Ron, a ribbon tie? Other than Clark Gable and the Kentucky Fried Chicken Colonel, I'm not sure I've seen those....

http://karendecoster.com/photo-with-ron-paul.html

Damn... Woods is so awesome.

I got hardcore chills at the end of that.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Man does Cato suck.
    No, keep kissing their asses and supporting them. They promote 'liberty' and we need to unify the movement.

All I can say guys is, don't let this become an industry. Let's get 'er done and then just keep it steady. Don't let this become like "curing cancer" and there be more money in not curing it than really curing it.
    We need to aggressively fight the people who would have the liberty movement become an industry to satisfy their own selfish desires. It should have become abundantly clear by now who the persons who are trying to co-opt the liberty movement in this way are by now.
    Last edited by NewRightLibertarian; 10-31-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Here is a picture of some random person off the internet with Ron and Carol at the Mises Institute.
    That's Karen De Coster!

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    That's Karen De Coster!
    um.....

....o.......kay........?

She actually did look slightly familiar but I can't place her. I could have cheated and googled, given your shock, but maybe you can just enlighten me.....

um.....

....o.......kay........?

She actually did look slightly familiar but I can't place her. I could have cheated and googled, given your shock, but maybe you can just enlighten me.....
    She's a very regular contributor to LRC (the first thing Ron Paul reads every day ;P) and Mises. I wasn't trying to convey shock so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Nap
    I guess I'll reveal my anarchistic bonafides by saying that I agree with Lysander Spooner. As the country had the right to secede from Great Britain, we have the right to secede from the government. It is clear that the Constitution is unable to enforce itself ... the federal government has written any law, regulated any behavior, taxed any event it wanted, and the courts have engaged in sophistry and verbal trickery in order to justify it.
    Boom. Headshot.
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 11-01-2012 at 03:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting these.

These are all great speeches.

DiLorenzo's speech:

I got to have dinner with him the first night there
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright

Really, Ron, a ribbon tie? Other than Clark Gable and the Kentucky Fried Chicken Colonel, I'm not sure I've seen those....

SUPPA
    BOSS

Can I ask how none of these have been put on the frontpage yet? Instead we've got a 3 year old video of Ron... why? We should keep current.

I thought Ron's speech was incredible... so optimistic and enlightening.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    Can I ask how none of these have been put on the frontpage yet? Instead we've got a 3 year old video of Ron... why? We should keep current.

I thought Ron's speech was incredible... so optimistic and enlightening.
    I was hoping for one with the video, last time the video one turned up.... no one has it?

OK, I put it up, Ron shows and the fact that there are links to Judge Nap and Tom Woods also shows

The ribbon tie looks great. Kind of old fashioned. I see them in my TV westerns. Sort of a Texas thing I imagine. Mr. and Mrs. Dr. Paul both look like they are having a great time. Karen De Coster does too.

I watched, "Reflections on the Loss of Liberty | Andrew P. Napolitano".

He is a good speaker. He will make a good Vice President if elected.

Could you imagine having both a President AND a Vice President that made sense when they spoke AND would try and lead us in a sensible direction?

One can wish upon a couple of stars.

Ron Paul / Andrew Napolitano

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by seyferjm View Post
    DiLorenzo's speech:

I got to have dinner with him the first night there
    He's always great. This is another amazing talk:

War: Revisionism, Fascism, and the CIA | John V. Denson

Thanks for sharing. Hope this puts an end to the anti-MI/Lew hate I sometimes see around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Hope this puts an end to the anti-MI/Lew hate I sometimes see around here.
    Me too. It's very discouraging to see people in the liberty movement who've let their buttons be pushed by the lying Establishment.

Watched the, "How Murray Rothbard Changed my Mind on War | Thomas E. Woods, Jr.".

The guy made some important points of where we're at. They came at a good time for me. Some things I needed to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Me too. It's very discouraging to see people in the liberty movement who've let their buttons be pushed by the lying Establishment.
    What is even more discouraging is to see so many people in the liberty movement come away from the Mises Institute with an anti-state attitude when Mises himself was a pro-state advocate.

"It is impossible to grasp the meaning of the idea of sound money if one does not realize that it was devised as an instrument for the protection of civil liberties against despotic inroads on the part of governments. Ideologically it belongs in the same class with political constitutions and bills of right." - Ludwig von Mises
    Last edited by Travlyr; 11-03-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    What is even more discouraging is to see so many people in the liberty movement come away from the Mises Institute with an anti-state attitude when Mises himself was a pro-state advocate.
    It is well-known that the Mises Institute is an anarchy front. Ron Paul doesn't seem to have a problem with it, why do you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast