Thread: Is Hurricane Sandy Affecting Halloween? What Trick-Or-Treating Will Be Like After The Stor

Is Hurricane Sandy Affecting Halloween? What Trick-Or-Treating Will Be Like After The Stor

m

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2046650.html

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie addressed the issue directly Monday night by tweeting: "If conditions are not safe on Wednesday for Trick or Treating, I will sign an Executive Order rescheduling #Halloween."
    Many communities in New Jersey -- and elsewhere -- are already pushing festivities back until this weekend or next week. "It's only 'trick or treat,” Joseph Maturo, the mayor of East Haven, Conn., told the Hartford Courant. "It's not going to hurt anybody to move it to next Wednesday night." (Not everyone agreed; according to WFSB, another Connecticut town’s Facebook page encouraged residents to use “discretion” if necessary, but noted: "The town does not control Halloween.”)
    On HuffPost Parents’s Facebook page, several readers said their towns had already postponed celebrations. Commenters from the Cleveland and Pittsburgh areas said they had planned to trick-or-treat this weekend, while one woman from New Jersey wrote that she was waiting on instructions from local officials: "We'll go out trick-or-treating whenever the town says we can."
    In addition to conventional Halloween safety advice (“be mindful of traffic” and “wear bright colors”), the Boston Police Department’s Virtual Community urges trick-or-treaters to “stay away from downed tree limbs and power lines,” avoid neighborhoods with no power and stick with short costumes that won’t get "caught in debris from trees or slippery wet leaves.” (Boston has not postponed Halloween celebrations.)
    Lenore Skenazy of Free Range Kids, who has railed against the unnecessary paranoia she said she thinks some parents already bring to Halloween, told HuffPost she thought downed power lines were a legitimate concern. "Maybe in the face of the real danger that just passed through, we can finally laugh at the ones that we usually scare ourselves with, like the idea that our neighbors become psychopathic child poisoners one day of the year," Skenazy said. "From what I've seen, neighbors are the people who bring food and flashlights, not strychnine."

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 10-31-2012 at 03:40 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WTF, like that $#@! has the authority to rescheducle Holloween? No, he doesn't, and it should be left to the people rather than some central BS. I don't care if he has his "people's" best interest in mind, he doesn't have the authority and it would set a terrible precedent.

Maybe the kids should just set up lemonade stands instead.

Oh wait!

-t

That's like cancelling Christmas!! Grinch Christie!!
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Stop being retarded. We cant walk two streets without a fallen tree or cable lines. He has a lot of attention focused on him. He can easily change when kids celebrate Halloween and no one will care because people want their kids to have fun and this is the easiest way to set up a date. In NYC everyone went out on the weekend to celebrate, so there is no special significance attached to the date only to the fact that people can have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Maybe it works different here, but each town decides their own Trick-or-Treat night. It's never on Halloween night, though. Most towns in my area have moved Trick-or-Treat to tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

Check out my awesome looter costume!