Thread: A new war: Mali

A new war: Mali

Libya has worked out so well for Hillary, now it's time to "fix" Mali...

ALGIERS, Algeria - Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton sought Algeria's assistance Monday for any future military intervention in Mali, pressing the North African nation to provide intelligence - if not boots on the ground - to help rout the al-Qaeda-linked militants across its southern border.

Clinton, on the first stop of a five-day trip overseas, met with Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika as the United States and its allies ramped up preparations to fight northern Mali's breakaway Islamist republic.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/na...li_rebels.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    An article critical of Hillary and Obama, but also claims that standard neo-conservative war-mongering is the appropriate alternative.

After Botching Libya, War On Terror Spreads To Mali

Terrorism: The U.S. is pushing for military intervention in Mali to hose out a new al-Qaida enclave. Undoubtedly it needs to be done. But so much for the White House's facile claim to having terrorists on the run.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was in Algeria Monday, pleading with its government to support a U.S.-France-led military mission to destroy al-Qaida's latest conquest in northern Mali, an impoverished African state along the Sahara.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...ya-to-mali.htm
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So now we trying to destroy Al Qaida... after aiding them in Libya and Syria and introducing them into Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Mali has oil?
    Must have just discovered oil there - that or rare earth minerals or something...

hmmm.... yes...

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2828.htm

Natural resources: Gold, phosphate, kaolin, salt, and limestone currently mined; deposits of oil, bauxite, iron ore, manganese, lithium, and uranium are known or suspected.

The average wage is $1.50 USD per day... TOTALLY ripe for corporate exploitation!

It's interesting that if this is such a "big deal", that the State Departments own page on the country ^^^linky above completely fails to mention AQ and only says this about "terrorism": "Mali is a leading regional partner in U.S. efforts against terrorism."

Sooooo WTF????

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 10-31-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Must have just discovered oil there - that or rare earth minerals or something...

hmmm.... yes...

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2828.htm

Natural resources: Gold, phosphate, kaolin, salt, and limestone currently mined; deposits of oil, bauxite, iron ore, manganese, lithium, and uranium are known or suspected.

The average wage is $1.50 USD per day... TOTALLY ripe for corporate exploitation!

It's interesting that if this is such a "big deal", that the State Departments own page on the country ^^^linky above completely fails to mention AQ and only says this about "terrorism": "Mali is a leading regional partner in U.S. efforts against terrorism."

Sooooo WTF????

-t
    Definately all about the resources.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    So now we trying to destroy Al Qaida... after aiding them in Libya and Syria and introducing them into Iraq.
    Lol. Just depends on the situation and vested interests. Labels like "terrorist", "rebel", "insurgent", "refuge", "victim" or "freedom fighter" are meaningless in the media. Friend or foe to the corporatist agenda is all that matters at any given point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    An article critical of Hillary and Obama, but also claims that standard neo-conservative war-mongering is the appropriate alternative.
    Exactly. Gotta keep those defense contracts going...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The NWO Al Qaeda shock troops destabilizing another country. They've now destroyed an ancient mosque.

http://rt.com/news/islamists-destroy-timbuktu-mali-131/
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The NWO Al Qaeda shock troops destabilizing another country. They've now destroyed an ancient mosque.

http://rt.com/news/islamists-destroy-timbuktu-mali-131/
    That's where Timbuktu is!

That's where Timbuktu is!
    Unfortunately, that's were Timbuktu was. I was hoping to visit that place someday.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Unfortunately, that's were Timbuktu was. I was hoping to visit that place someday.
    Yeah, that's a bummer they're destroying history there.

We must be running out of places to go to war when Timbuktu is on the list.

The NWO Al Qaeda shock troops destabilizing another country.
    Ain't that the truth. Useful idiots, instigating sectarian violence and destruction around the world.

Yeah, that's a bummer they're destroying history there.

We must be running out of places to go to war when Timbuktu is on the list.
    Just did a little Googling. Part of Timbuktu's heritage has survived....so far.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...n-islamic.html

But Shamil Jeppie, director of the Tombouctou Manuscripts Project at the University of Cape Town, rejects the idea that this is about the kind of consistent ideology found in other groups we call Islamist. “These guys, you can’t give them such cred,” says Jeppie. “It’s just thuggery.” He says the locals had been resisting the fighters’ authority, and he feels that the attacks on the shrines are a form of punishment. (Jeppie also reports that, so far, Timbuktu’s great collections of Islamic manuscripts, which he studies, seem not to have been threatened.) The puritanical religious views that Ansar Dine claims to espouse, Jeppie says, derive from the relatively recent Wahhabi movement, “born in Arabia in the 18th century,” and have been taught to today’s fighters by patrons from Saudi Arabia.

The irony is Saudi Arabia is getting set to destroy ancient mosques for apparently commercialization purposes. Hmmmm....trend?