Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candidate comparison fact sheet of Ron Paul/Obama/ Romney for CA ME and other states

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Candidate comparison fact sheet of Ron Paul/Obama/ Romney for CA ME and other states

this is particularly for states like CA and ME where Ron Paul is a certified write in candidate, or states like NH, IA, PA etc etc where you can write in your choice, but it is good for education, anywhere.

My revised version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/106853479/20...0draft%202.doc

and the original author added 'write in candidate' to Ron's picture here-->
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByQw...LUE/edit?pli=1

the originals:

editable

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByQw...R3dDBMVVU/edit

non editable

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByQ...nFSdzdOY0pxbm8

if you have an account at DP you can thank the author here: http://www.dailypaul.com/260894/3-ca...ama-and-romney
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-02-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am going to post this on the write in facebook page as well
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

OK, for me, I wanted to change the tone because it came off as a bit anti Islam, I suspect the person who made it was trying to appeal to a different kind of person in a different region in framing Obama's nationbuilding as 'building mosques' and foreign aid as 'aid to Arab nations' but I'd rather not have that flavor in it, so I edited it a bit. I made a new version, which I may revise more, but it is a quick California oriented cut at it. However, now my dropbox download isn't working. But take a look at the second document for yourself, the editable one, you can change things there. When I get dropbox working again I can post a link to what I have done.

This is excellent.

Now we need one comparing Ron Paul with Gary Johnson and Virgil Goode.
    "Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand

OK here's my only slightly modified version (so far) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/106853479/20...0draft%202.doc

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    OK here's my only slightly modified version (so far) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/106853479/20...0draft%202.doc
    Cool, perhaps put that link in the OP. I can't get to the google docs versions without loging in.
    Maybe a tweet with the .doc version also?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

bump for people to use

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Foreign policy should mention that it is Constitutional. Only Congress can declare war.
    “The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure.”
    - Albert Einstein
    "I strongly support Ron Paul. We very badly need to have more Representatives who understand in a principled way the importance of property rights and religious freedom."
    - Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by jcarcinogen View Post
    Foreign policy should mention that it is Constitutional. Only Congress can declare war.
    good idea

What does "20% of all military suicides, increased under Obama" mean?
    "Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    What does "20% of all military suicides, increased under Obama" mean?
    I don't have the breakdown, but I understand they have increased. Part of that is the every more unending nature of the war, I suspect, though, people see no end.

Well done, but if you are planning on using this for any sort of canvassing or poll working on election day, it needs to be greatly condensed into bullet points. It is far too much to read for the average person that will be walking into a polling location ready to cast their vote.

Updated, and also created versions for Write-In States

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    thank you! I have to take a look at that!

Can you add a line that says 'Ron Paul is a Certified write in candidate' at the top of a version to use in ME and CA? I couldn't mess with the headings that way. It cuts into the top of their heads when I do it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can you add a line that says 'Ron Paul is a Certified write in candidate' at the top of a version to use in ME and CA? I couldn't mess with the headings that way. It cuts into the top of their heads when I do it.
    I hope this helps :-)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByQ...WQtRkx2TE5uLUE

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    YES!!!! Thank you !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    Well done, but if you are planning on using this for any sort of canvassing or poll working on election day, it needs to be greatly condensed into bullet points. It is far too much to read for the average person that will be walking into a polling location ready to cast their vote.
    No, it is for papering before the day. ASAP in fact, because people vote by mail a LOT.

There was a four block one I think would be better for voting day, which I may have to recreate because I can't find it.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-31-2012 at 08:10 AM.

bump

I added my revision in the .doc version to the OP per Clyde Coulter's request.

I added the comparison sheets to the OP

How many voters in these states are you attempting to reach with these fliers?

How many voters in these states are you attempting to reach with these fliers?
    As many of the target market as we can quickly, I'm thinking college parking lots myself.

that's where I put primary flyers.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-31-2012 at 12:26 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As many of the target market as we can quickly, I'm thinking college parking lots myself.

that's where I put primary flyers.
    What about using a registered voter list for your precinct? That way you can ensure that the people receiving the information are, at the very least, registered to vote. From the CA Secy of State info, it looks like around 30% of CA adults are not registered to vote. I believe the deadline has already passed for new registrations.

But they are registered to vote for someone else, often, much more chaff to wheat imho. Colleges are concentrated, and Ron is catnip. Those who already want to vote for him and were registered during Ron's rallies here at these colleges just need to know he is a certified write in. At this point I think that is the low hanging fruit and I don't think we are going to be able to get more than that in the time left.

The classic techniques work best for anyone, given enough coverage, but Ron has a draw that goes beyond the classic candidates. I'm primarily trying to inform the enthusiasts at this point, even if they can't vote they can spread the word to other enthusiasts who can -- and being enthusiasts, they will.

Well that's a good thought. Nonetheless, you have 6 days before the election which should give you plenty of time to do the colleges and the precinct. Of course, that all depends on how much time you are able to commit to this effort.

Well that's a good thought. Nonetheless, you have 6 days before the election which should give you plenty of time to do the colleges and the precinct. Of course, that all depends on how much time you are able to commit to this effort.
    I know you have a plan for me, but I'm working on my own, thanks.

I know you have a plan for me, but I'm working on my own, thanks.
    I was a businessman my whole life and an elected official for 20+ years off and on. I have run local and statewide campaigns. I know what works, and how activists can work most effectively. Just trying to lend a hand, so your efforts are not in vain.

I think I'm aiming for a different audience and suspect you are used to a different kind of candidate, but in any event I see things a little differently for the time we have left. I know you see yourself as an expert, but I am more looking for fellow Ron Paul supporters who are spreading the info themselves. Others might be interested in what you have to offer.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-31-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast