Thread: 24 Reasons for Liberals to Write in Ron Paul or Refuse to Vote in 2012

24 Reasons for Liberals to Write in Ron Paul or Refuse to Vote in 2012

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Only read about 1/3 of it so far. Well written and detailed.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

an hour or two later and i just finished reading (with a break in the middle).

absolutely excellent.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

Vote Gary Johnson what's wrong with y'all. Don't vote for a man who is not running and who does not want the job.

Quote Originally Posted by CUnknown View Post
    Vote Gary Johnson what's wrong with y'all. Don't vote for a man who is not running and who does not want the job.
    I don't vote for people I don't want as president.

And I don't care if my vote 'counts', because I'm perfectly aware votes never count.

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -

Awesome! Tweeted!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Anybody know who wrote this?

Not familiar with wordpress.

Just curious because I'd like to print out a few copies of this and I want to make sure they don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Anybody know who wrote this?

Not familiar with wordpress.

Just curious because I'd like to print out a few copies of this and I want to make sure they don't mind.
    Wordpress is just standardized blogging software; you can use the open source code to easily build your own domain or you can use the main site and just blog there. Just email the guy; though based on the way it's written i'm sure he's fine with distribution because the obvious goal is to get the ideas out.

You should probably spell check it first, though... though even that won't catch some of the minor mistakes i caught. Though really, i sort of appreciated the rawness of it.

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thank You - from Progress Hawk

Thank you folks for reading and sharing my blog, and sorry it's such a mess. I put it off for way too along. Then I woke up one day and it was almost Nov. I work full-time and I'm pursing a career in film, so writing that essay almost killed me hahaha. I think it took around 3 months but I can't be sure. Pretty hazy... Wish I'd started a year or two earlier to allow more editing and promotion time. Part of me also felt like the movement was doing so well that it didn't need my help (outside the occasional Facebook link or small donation). Then I started getting into more arguments with my liberal friends and became increasingly agitated about the way they were clinging to Obama and rejecting RP's ideas. I just became so personally frustrated that I had to see if I could convince at least a few people in my network not to support either leading candidate. I think I just might have convinced a few There were over 1000 views in the first week and Ben Swann followed me on Twitter, which is soooo awesome! I can't believe the essay made it's way to him! Gotta love the internet...

Anywho, thanks again for reading that thing. I know it was a MONSTER! I've added two new blog posts and they're much shorter than the last one Please feel free to check em out!

www.progresshawk.wordpress.com
    www.progresshawk.posterous.com

Cheers, Progress Hawk
    Last edited by ProgressHawk; 11-04-2012 at 11:54 AM.

thank you! And welcome to the forums!!

from the views numbers it looks like 626 people viewed this link, so hopefully they all clicked through!!

We do try to thank people for writing good articles by encouraging readers to click through.... hint hint hint....
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-04-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

That's awesome! I really appreciate that and I like the site a lot. Thanks for providing us with a good vessel for information! I'll be a regular visitor

Quote Originally Posted by ProgressHawk View Post
    That's awesome! I really appreciate that and I like the site a lot. Thanks for providing us with a good vessel for information! I'll be a regular visitor
    You are free to start a new thread with at least the first of those links, it is up our alley so to speak. I'll check the second.

Robin K at Huff Po does sometimes as well. We LIKE to raise good articles up in google search.

--

edit, ok the second is the same as the first just posted elsewhere, so one post should do for both of them.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-04-2012 at 12:36 PM.

"You are free to start a new thread with at least the first of those links,"

-I'm sorry, which links are you referring to?

Welcome aboard! Great read that I intend to share with many of my 'liberal' friends.

"You are free to start a new thread with at least the first of those links,"

-I'm sorry, which links are you referring to?
    the one you just posted about Mitt Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    the one you just posted about Mitt Romney.
    Ah, gottcha. Thanks! And thank you Phill4paul.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was a really great post. The only problem I see with it is I am not sure why you identify yourself as a liberal. Libertarians are like liberals but understand that a system of freedom is the *best* way to care for the poor. You seem to understand this lol.

Got it posted. Thanks again! I'm not going to bother starting a thread for my other recent post because that one is more off-topic. Cheers

Right, you're right hahaha. It's all pretty much semantics at this point. I don't really consider myself anything other than independent. I personally think of my overarching values as "progressive" because I grew up associating things like equal rights with liberalism. The left was supposed to be the side that was against corporatism and war, fighting for the environment and defending the poor. I had no idea that so many of them were so brainwashed that it would matter if the right solutions came from the free market or the federal government. Who cares? It's the end result that matters, right?

YES !!!!

From Article:

I suppose it’s because anyone who’s trying to pay attention is distracted by wedge issues; emotional topics that are used arbitrarily in an effort to divide and distract, such as gay marriage and abortion. They keep our country teetering back and forth on surface according to the public’s mood during election seasons, while they do whatever the hell they want to behind the scenes and push forward their corporate/military agenda. This is called a Plutocracy; the real social system that we live under. Both parties are owned by corporate/military interests and the people in power do what they want. This country is run by the oil industry. Not our elected government and certainly not our president. Our votes do nothing to affect what actually happens so this is not a democracy, and you are not free if the government has the legal authority to spy on you or arrest you without due process, hold you for as long as they see fit without access to a lawyer, torture you and even assassinate you, acting as the judge, jury and executioner.

^^^THIS^^^

every dumb$#@! who votes for Romney or Obama needs to read this.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 11-04-2012 at 02:01 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

It IS a good article.

Thank you! Glad you guys liked it

Right, you're right hahaha. It's all pretty much semantics at this point. I don't really consider myself anything other than independent. I personally think of my overarching values as "progressive" because I grew up associating things like equal rights with liberalism. The left was supposed to be the side that was against corporatism and war, fighting for the environment and defending the poor. I had no idea that so many of them were so brainwashed that it would matter if the right solutions came from the free market or the federal government. Who cares? It's the end result that matters, right?
    I uploaded this video here to target the left, I think you will like it:

Subscribed because I dont' have time to read it at the moment but will.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it is a little long, but it is worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Wow! The parts I have read so far are impressive.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    love that!

this is a good one imho