Thread: Netanyahu: War on Iran Would Be Good for Arabs

Netanyahu: War on Iran Would Be Good for Arabs

Netanyahu: War on Iran Would Be Good for Arabs
    http://news.antiwar.com/2012/10/30/n...good-for-arabs

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday tried to convince Arab states that an Israeli military strike on Iran would benefit their interests and that “a feeling of relief would spread across the region” immediately following an attack.

After failing to pressure the Obama administration to back a preventive Israeli strike on Iran before the US presidential elections, Netanyahu has continued to make veiled threats of war catered for different audiences.

In an interview with a French magazine, Netanyahu pushed back against the claim that an Israeli strike on Iran would destabilize the region and worsen tensions.

“Five minutes after, contrary to what the skeptics say, I think a feeling of relief would spread across the region,” he said.

“Iran is not popular in the Arab world, far from it, and some governments in the region, as well as their citizens, have understood that a nuclear armed Iran would be dangerous for them, not just for Israel,” he said.

But experts generally agree that such an attack would spark a regional war, embolden Iran, and in fact motivate Tehran to build a nuclear weapon, a decision they have not yet made and one that Netanyahu is right to say Arab governments don’t want.

As a recent report by former government officials, national security experts and retired military officers concluded last month, the Iranian nuclear program is too redundant for a surgical strike – probably all Israel is capable of – to delay the program for any considerable length of time.

The report also concluded that an attack would prompt a large-scale Iranian retaliation that would spark an uncontrollable regional war, and this would be severely destabilizing for Arab governments, contrary to Netanyahu’s pandering.

Importantly, the report also warned the attack would increase Iran’s motivation to build a bomb, in order to deter further military action and that ”achieving more than a temporary setback in Iran’s nuclear program would require a military operation – including a land occupation – more taxing than the Iraq and Afghanistan wars combined.”

Netanyahu’s claim that a war on Iran would be good for Arabs is based on the tensions the Arab dictatorships in the Middle East have with the government of Iran. Those tensions come from incompatible competing national interests, and do not reflect how the actual Arab population feels about an Israeli strike. That is something Netanyahu ignores completely.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just when I thought I couldn't be any more astounded.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

He's right, if he's talking about the Sauds and Hashemites.

Exploiting racism now (Arab vs. Persian)? Not nice Benji.

Attempting to create strife and separatism. Why does that sound familiar?
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-30-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

A good ass whipping would be good for you son

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    He's right, if he's talking about the Sauds and Hashemites.
    This is true. I have an in-law who was born in Palestine, went to college in Syria, and still has a lot of family in the Middle East. He's very familiar with the politics there. He tells me that the Gulf Arab states are as eager to get us involved against Iran and Syria as Israel is. They just keep quieter about it because they don't want their populations to see that they are on the same side as Israel against other Muslims.

Well Nuttyahoo certainly has a partner in war if Romney is elected. We still haven't paid off the tab from the last two GOP adventures in the Middle East.

“Acting as the world’s policeman and nation-building weakens our country, puts our troops in harm’s way, and sends precious resources to other nations in the midst of an historic economic crisis.” - Ron Paul

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    Well Nuttyahoo certainly has a partner in war if Romney is elected. We still haven't paid off the tab from the last two GOP adventures in the Middle East.

“Acting as the world’s policeman and nation-building weakens our country, puts our troops in harm’s way, and sends precious resources to other nations in the midst of an historic economic crisis.” - Ron Paul

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!
    Last TWO??? Heck we haven't paid for a war since Vietnam

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, if it would be so good for the Arabs, let them have the war and leave us out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    This is true. I have an in-law who was born in Palestine, went to college in Syria, and still has a lot of family in the Middle East. He's very familiar with the politics there. He tells me that the Gulf Arab states are as eager to get us involved against Iran and Syria as Israel is. They just keep quieter about it because they don't want their populations to see that they are on the same side as Israel against other Muslims.
    The Saudis and their Gulf puppets are actually quite open about their want to have the Iranians sanctioned and bombed and Assad ousted. Iran and Assad are Shia which the Wahhabi/Salafi absolutely detest, probably even more than they hate Zionist Jews.

You're completely right about them not wanted to be seen as siding with Israel, though. Saudi rhetoric against Israel is about as real as GOP rhetoric against deficits.
    Last edited by Confederate; 10-30-2012 at 03:06 PM.

The Saudis and their Gulf puppets are actually quite open about their want to have the Iranians sanctioned and bombed and Assad ousted. Iran and Assad are Shia which the Wahhabi/Salafi absolutely detest, probably even more than they hate Zionist Jews.
    That's true. Maybe it's not so much that they're not open about it, it's more that all the emphasis in the U.S. is on Israel pushing this. Which makes sense as I don't think the propaganda would be nearly as effective here if it was all about protecting Saudi sheiks from the evil Iranians.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Last TWO??? Heck we haven't paid for a war since Vietnam
    LOL, Washington Accounting 101: Carry the balance forward.

You're completely right about them not wanted to be seen as siding with Israel, though. Saudi rhetoric against Israel is about as real as GOP rhetoric against deficits.
    Yep. A lot of different interests at work.

This article went through a lot of them with regard to Syria, which probably can be applied to Iran in the long run.

http://www.deliberation.info/dismemb...he-arab-world/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"Bibbi" is only considering Arab interests now. LOL what a scoundrel and lowlife