Thread: URGENT: Amash needs money for ad

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Double bump!

I just donated a few minutes ago in this thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ash-in-trouble

I'll +Rep anyone who chips in! Amash needs 100k within a few days, and right now he only has about a fifth of that.

People, all it takes is a little bit of complacency - just a wee little bit - in everyone who reads this. That's ALL it will take to turn Amash's seat over to another statist who spends his time kissing the ass of special interests rather than explaining his votes (even the unpopular ones!) on Facebook, the way Justin Amash does.

If you want that to happen, then sit on your ass, watch some more TV and do nothing.

If you would like to see Amash in office for another term, why not kick in something. Anything helps. Who here can't find a spare five bucks when you really have to?

Recent comment on the Daily Paul thread:

Nope. Justin endorsed Romney. No traitors.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Pretty pathetic. Justin is by far the best current congressman after Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Nope. Justin endorsed Romney. No traitors.

To the best of my knowledge, Amash has NOT endorsed Romney. That is confirmed by no less than TheHill.com as of about a month ago (the most recent reference to the subject I could find):

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...endorse-romney
    A handful of Republican lawmakers are declining to endorse Mitt Romney for president.

The main holdouts are Reps. Ron Paul (Texas), Walter Jones (N.C.) and Justin Amash (Mich.). Both Jones and Amash endorsed Paul’s 2012 bid for the White House....

Amash draws a distinction between supporting and endorsing.

“Rep. Amash endorsed Ron Paul for president and will not be making any other endorsements for president,” said Will Adams, a spokesman for Amash. “He has said from the beginning that he would support the Republican nominee against President Obama.”

Can't believe Justin has only raised 24K.

A receipt of your donation is included with this email.

Thank you,

Justin Amash for Congress
    Receipt
    Please note that the charge will appear on your credit card
    or bank account statement as "RALLY/PIRYX"
    RECEIPT DETAILS
    Date 11/1/2012
    Amount $100.00 (One Time)
    Transaction ID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Payment Method Credit Card (Mastercard) ending in 6768
    Organization Justin Amash for Congress
    Org. Website http://www.amashforcongress.com
    Payment Page TV Ad Money Bomb

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Can't believe Justin has only raised 24K.
    I guess people are simply tapped out. I remember him raising $100K in his "Beat the PACS" moneybomb, but then he only raised $30K or so with his Ron Paul dinner.
    Last edited by EBounding; 11-01-2012 at 04:57 AM.

Justin is a Ron Paul clone and, yet, he is unable to raise much money.
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-03-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Justin is a Ron Paul clone and, yet, he is unable to raise much money.
    Some people in this movement hate winning.

bump
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyIn08 View Post
    Some people in this movement hate winning.
    That, plus in this economy a lot of us are damn near broke.

Donated $25.00.

PROGRESS
    $32,429.59
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

PROGRESS
    $32,454.59

That had to have been my $25. Not one donation since?

Please... We can't lose Ron and Justin.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    PROGRESS
    $32,454.59

That had to have been my $25. Not one donation since?

Please... We can't lose Ron and Justin.
    Unfortunately (other than the people visiting this sub-forum), there doesn't seem to be much interest...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep to everyone in this thread!

I'm tapped out myself for now, I did give already to Justin. Hopefully others will continue to give and give to all of our candidates, because these guys are putting their necks out there for us voting the way they are. We have to push our ideology in the political arena or else we might as well just sit back and stop complaining about the way things are going. Right now we are still using the ballot box. To be honest that daily paul site really has me confused and wondering what in the hell happened over there with the people or?

Also I think in the presidential election years, the candidates lower down don't get as much money as off years, because everyone throws in hard for RP the past 2 cycles, and then gets depressed and then some come back the following cycle, its strange how it works. The candidates we have running for congress and state level are the future and provide back up to whoever we run in the presidential cycle. I could go on LMAO - keep giving!

I'll move it to Ron's forum and see if that helps...
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Date 11/4/2012
    Amount $50.00 (One Time)
    Transaction ID 5f21cc8dd01141d3af29
    Payment Method Credit Card (Visa) ending

$32554

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisMarion View Post
    Date 11/4/2012
    Amount $50.00 (One Time)
    Transaction ID 5f21cc8dd01141d3af29
    Payment Method Credit Card (Visa) ending

$32554
    +Rep!

I'm going to promote this to the front page.

I gave $25 bucks a few days ago.

I think JA is going to be fine, he is winning every poll I have seen except that one with 29% undecided. What could he even do with the money now anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    I gave $25 bucks a few days ago.

I think JA is going to be fine, he is winning every poll I have seen except that one with 29% undecided. What could he even do with the money now anyways?
    Good question.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    What could he even do with the money now anyways?
    Amash's opponent threw an extra $200K of his own money into last minute ads to attack Justin.

Sooo..... Justin can buy a flurry of last-minute ads, and then actually PAY for them with the money.... if we can overcome the rampant apathy currently bogging down the liberty movement and actually raise anything for him.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you go into his donation page you can tweet it, I've been doing that. You can retweet here: https://twitter.com/usernamenuse/sta...31475945537536

Bump for donations!

Five or ten bucks might be the difference between us keeping Justin or losing him. Do you really want to take the risk?

I just donated hope he can win

Date 11/4/2012
    Amount $50.00 (One Time)
    Transaction ID a38866452259415695dcfcXXXXXXXXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Endthefednow View Post
    I just donated hope he can win

Date 11/4/2012
    Amount $50.00 (One Time)
    Transaction ID a38866452259415695dcfcXXXXXXXXXX
    +rep!!

PROGRESS
    $32,804.59
    --Albert J. Nock