Thread: Energy Drinks good...Cannabis bad

Energy Drinks good...Cannabis bad

sorry, i just find this rather disturbing.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...r-energy-drink

The effort to bring the basically benign cannibis plant into the mainstream of tolerance is an ongoing battle. People in prison, people getting SWAT raids, efforts to pass new laws and on and on....and yet...

i dunno, call me Mr. Facepalm on this...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if the drink has aspartame in it?

Imagine a cannabis energy drink.....

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I wonder if the drink has aspartame in it?
    There is a low carb version that glucose, inositol and maltodextrin.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I drank an energy drink once and had really bad chest pains afterwards

Decriminalize weed and speed, no more need for "energy" drinks.

Coca Cola used to have Cocaine in it. Coca-ine Cola. Pepsi was designed to give you a "Pep" by the same means. Dr. Pepper was also designed to give you a "Pep". 7-Up was an "Up-per". Now its all done by caffeine. How long until caffeine is made illegal?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

It's the marketing, stupid!

(To use the turn of phrase...not calling anyone here stupid. )

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Truth is treason in a.......
    "The Patriarch"

Coca Cola was made from cocoa leaves and cola nuts along with flavorings and caffine along with carbonated water and sugar. The amount of cocaine from the coca leaves would have been very small. It (and many sodas) was originally sold as a medicine- not as a beverage. According to Snopes, the amount was as little as 1/400th of a grain by the 1920's.
    http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...tained-cocaine
    Coke was originally formulated in 1886 by one John Styth Pemberton, an Atlanta druggist and former Confederate army officer. Among other things it contained (and presumably still contains) three parts coca leaves to one part cola nut. The new soft drink was one of many concoctions in that era containing cocaine, which was being touted as a benign substitute for alcohol. Coke, in fact, was promoted as a patent medicine, which would "cure all nervous afflictions — Sick Headache, Neuralgia, Hysteria, Melancholy, Etc. …" How much cocaine Coke actually contained and how much kick you got from it is not known (a Coke spokesman today says the amount was "trivial"). But for years Southerners called the stuff "dope" or "a shot in the arm," while soda fountains were called "hop joints" and Coke delivery trucks "dope wagons."

In the 1890s, however, public sentiment began to turn against cocaine, which among other things was believed to be a cause of racial violence by drug-crazed blacks. In 1903 the New York Tribune published an article linking cocaine with black crime and calling for legal action against Coca-Cola. Shortly thereafter Coke quietly switched from fresh to "spent" coca leaves (i.e., what's left over after the cocaine has been removed). It also stopped advertising Coke as a cure for what ails you and instead promoted it simply as a refreshing beverage.
    Pepsi was marketed as a digestive aid and the name comes not from "pep" but from "pepsin" which is a digestive enzyme http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsin. It did not use cocoa leaves (which do contain small amounts of cocaine) like Coca Cola did.
    http://inventors.about.com/library/i...rs/blpepsi.htm
    Caleb Bradham of New Bern, North Carolina was a pharmacist. Like many pharmacists at the turn of the century he had a soda fountain in his drugstore, where he served his customers refreshing drinks, that he created himself. His most popular beverage was something he called "Brad's drink" made of carbonated water, sugar, vanilla, rare oils, pepsin and cola nuts.

"Brad's drink", created in the summer of 1893, was later renamed Pepsi Cola in 1898 after the pepsin and cola nuts used in the recipe.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-23-2012 at 04:27 PM.

News of the FDA's investigation follows a filing last week of a wrongful death suit in Riverside, Calif., by the parents of a 14-year-old girl who died after drinking two, 24-ounce Monster Energy Drinks in 24 hours. An autopsy concluded that she died of cardiac arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity and the medical examiner also found that she had an inherited disorder that can weaken blood vessels.
    //
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 10-23-2012 at 05:03 PM.