Thread: Sen. Graham: ‘Time for talking is over’ with Iran

Sen. Graham: ‘Time for talking is over’ with Iran

Goober Graham is beside himself, there just aren't enough bombs dropping to satisfy his blood lust.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Sunday slammed President Obama's policy towards Iran, saying the "time for talking is over" after reports suggested that Washington and Tehran had reached an agreement on continuing negotiations over nuclear enrichment.

"We should be demanding transparency and access to their nuclear program," Graham, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said on Fox News Sunday.

Graham said sanctions imposed on Tehran over its nuclear program have "been a miserable failure" and had failed to prevent Iran from continuing to enrich uranium.

He called the reports that administration officials and Iran have agreed to one-on-one talks on Tehran's nuclear program as just a "ploy by the Iranians" to stall action against its nuclear efforts, which Iran says are peaceful, but Western powers fear will develop weapons.

The White House on Saturday denied reports they had reached a deal on talks, with National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor saying that the White House remained open to such one-on-one negotiations.

“We continue to work ... on a diplomatic solution and have said from the outset that we would be prepared to meet bilaterally,” Vietor said in a statement.

Graham said that the Iranians were using the upcoming presidential election for their own policy advantage. "I think it's pretty obvious they're trying to continue dialogue using our election cycle in a pretty clever way," he said.

"There's a pattern here: We talk, they enrich, Graham said. "It needs to stop. We need to have red lines coordinated with Israel and end this before it gets out of hand."

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), also appearing on Fox News Sunday, defended the president's policy, arguing that the sanctions regime imposed on Iran by the U.S. and other countries is working.

"There's unrest in the streets of Tehran and the leaders in Iran are feeling it, Durbin said. "That's exactly what we want the sanctions program to do."

He said The New York Times report about the one-on-one talks with Iran is "a clear indication that the sanctions regime that President Obama has put together with Israel and many other nations across the world is putting pressure on Iran to sit down and acknowledge that they cannot have a nuclear weapon," calling it "a positive step forward."

Graham and Durbin also sparred on the show about the Obama administration's handling of the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya that resulted in the death of four Americans.

Graham hammered the Obama administration for not beefing up the security of the consulate in Benghazi or closing it after violence in the region grew, calling it a "death trap long in the making."

"I am totally convinced this is going to go down in history as one of the most major breakdowns of national security in a very long time," Graham said.

The South Carolina Republican also lambasted the administration for initially saying an anti-Islam Web video incited the attack on the consulate.

"This was not a spontaneous riot. There never was a mob," he said. "It was a seven-hour planned attack, pre-planned in the making."

Durbin said the intelligence community initially told administration officials that "they believed [the attack] had something to do with this video but they were going to gather" more evidence to be sure.

"We aim to have a thorough investigation to get to the bottom of it, and as the president said, hold those accountable who did it," Durbin said.

The Illinois senator also criticized Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) for releasing more than 100 pages of documents detailing the embassy's requests for additional security, saying Issa was putting the lives of Libyans who are helping the U.S. at risk.

Durbin slammed it as "an effort to get a political toehold in this election" and called it "unacceptable."

A report Friday said that State Department cables released by Issa had not been redacted and included the names of Libyans helping the U.S. on the ground.

Issa is investigating the administration’s handling of security matters at the embassy before the Sept. 11 attack and its response to the violence.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-in-libya-iran
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this guy is nuts.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    this guy is nuts.
    Certifiable.
    "The Patriarch"

This guy needs to be retired from the senate straight into a padded cell.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

So he, personally, is going to go over there and take care of it, right? Maybe with his pal, McCain?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

This is the same man who fully supported the NDAA2012 and said it was necessary because, "The greatest threat to the American Government is its own civilian population."

Fregg'n. Nutcase.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -Thomas Jefferson

I wonder how much $$$ loLindsey makes off the MIC.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

who the hell votes these guys in anyways?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post

Nitwits on the "team."
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

What is he even talking about? We don't even have diplomatic relations with Iran. How is it talking when we have never talked to them, threaten them, and blockade them. How the hell does that count as diplomacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    Nitwits on the "team."
    And they call us bots...
    "The Patriarch"

FYI Graham, sanctions do not count as "talking" with them.
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright

Terminus tela viaticus!

This guy is a jerk. Besides that, from what I gather, Iran is legally allowed to pursue nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.
    Maybe the voters in his district will wise up and get rid of that douchebag.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

I vote that we send Senator Graham to Iran.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I vote that we send Senator Graham to Iran.
    I don't think a US Senator peeing his pant's is the image we want.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    This guy is a jerk. Besides that, from what I gather, Iran is legally allowed to pursue nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.
    Maybe the voters in his district will wise up and get rid of that douchebag.
    Wait...wait....okay, no Iranians under the bed.....get rid of that douchebag !
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Imagine a Santorum/ Graham ticket.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

Graham is the worst. Is Durban a whole lot better?

"There's unrest in the streets of Tehran and the leaders in Iran are feeling it, Durbin said. "That's exactly what we want the sanctions program to do."
    Now that sounds familiar...The Separatist Strategy.

The idea is not new. Princeton University’s Bernard Lewis has written for years about using ethnic groups in Iran and elsewhere in the Middle East to break up the region into weak mini-states. In her book, Borders and Brethren: Iran and the Challenge of Azerbaijani Identity, Brenda Shaffer, the American-Israeli academic, claims that there is no such thing as a unifying collective Iranian identity and advocates separation of Iran’s Azerbaijan and joining it with the Republic of Azerbaijan.
    There have been efforts by Israel’s supporters in Congress as well. In 2009, when she was still in Congress, Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.) spoke to a gathering of AIPAC, saying, “The Persian population in Iran is not a majority, it is a plurality. There are many different, diverse, and disagreeing populations inside Iran and an obvious strategy, which I believe is a good strategy, is to separate those populations.” The declaration caused deep anger in the Iranian-American community, with thousands of angry emails and phone calls flooding her office, forcing her to retract and apologize for her statement, although it is certainly not clear to me how sincere she was. More recently, another ardent Israel supporter, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) introduced a resolution in the House, urging the Obama administration to support “right of Azeri self-determination,” which also provoked wide anger and protests in the Iranian community in the diaspora.

http://original.antiwar.com/muhammad...roups-in-iran/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    This is the same man who fully supported the NDAA2012 and said it was necessary because, "The greatest threat to the American Government is its own civilian population."

Fregg'n. Nutcase.
    video??
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    There aren't 77 million boomers in Arizona. Can't blame it alll on us.
    "The Patriarch"