Thread: Flake's new anti-Carmona ad - brutal

Flake's new anti-Carmona ad - brutal

I saw it last night and it really made Carmona sound like a creep. Until I checked out the background, I thought he had forced himself on this woman in some way, which is likely what team Flake hopes everyone will assume.

"There was an angry pounding on the door — in the middle of the night. I’m a single mom; I feared for my kids and for myself. It was Richard Carmona, and I was his boss. Carmona’s not who he seems. He has issues with anger, with ethics, and with women. I have testified to this under oath to Congress. Richard Carmona should never, ever, be in the U.S. Senate."

That's gonna leave a mark!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Carmona seems like a nut.

During the debate, he said the moderator (a man) was prettier than Crowley who moderated the Presidential debate.

Flake will be a good ally in the Senate, drawing attention to some important issues, though he isn't perfect of course.

Now Carmona is forced to defend himself by saying this Hispanic lady is a liar. LOL... Two birds, one stone.

His ad against his primary challenger was pretty brutal too. I thought the still they chose at the end of the illegal immigration ad made Cardon look special, IYKWIMAITYD.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

What sucks is there is a very good libertarian candidate I have met a few times (Marc Victor) who is a an attorney down here (fairly prominent in the sense he has won national cases such as the "pastor" who got tazed at a checkpoint, etc) who is running in this race as well. This will be the first time I will not be voting for my favorite candidate. Flake is good enough to where I need to vote for him, or risk having Carmona winning. I wish Victor would have been smarter and would have ran when we had a bad republican running - not the 2nd or 3rd best congressman in the NATION. This is a tight race.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Kregisen View Post
    What sucks is there is a very good libertarian candidate I have met a few times (Marc Victor) who is a an attorney down here (fairly prominent in the sense he has won national cases such as the "pastor" who got tazed at a checkpoint, etc) who is running in this race as well. This will be the first time I will not be voting for my favorite candidate. Flake is good enough to where I need to vote for him, or risk having Carmona winning. I wish Victor would have been smarter and would have ran when we had a bad republican running - not the 2nd or 3rd best congressman in the NATION. This is a tight race.
    I am with you. This race is too close for comfort and I will be voting for Flake too. I think that Carmona's debate gaffe is doing some pretty major damage. It plays right into the Flake's narrative he set up earlier in the week with that ad. I hope that Victor at least gets his name recognition up this time around, that way he can run against McCain next time.

Rumor has it this ad won him the race.
    --Albert J. Nock

Flake is a Liberty candidate?
    Why no sub-forum here?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Rumor has it this ad won him the race.

I have been thinking the same thing.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Flake is a Liberty candidate?
    Why no sub-forum here?
    Not a "liberty candidate". He will be better than 90% of the current senators though. I know, it is a pretty low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrock View Post
    Not a "liberty candidate". He will be better than 90% of the current senators though. I know, it is a pretty low bar.
    Yeah I would say he's borderline. He's against the war on drugs, and votes almost perfect on economic issues, but he's still a big government liberal when it comes to a large foreign policy. Far from perfect, but he will likely be one of the top 3 senators in the nation over these next 6 years.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan