Thread: Ron Paul supporters turn out in droves for speech at UVU

Ron Paul supporters turn out in droves for speech at UVU

they say a fan site is his website though, as was a common mistake during the campaign.

OREM — Though he is no longer in the race, thousands turned out for Ron Paul's appearance at Utah Valley University Thursday.

The Texas congressman and former Republican presidential candidate's "revolution" continues for droves who turned out to hear him give his 45 minute speech at the school. The speech, which he delivered without notes, ranged in issues from free markers, the deficit, welfare, poverty and limited government.

"Once you endorse the principle of welfarism, guess what? The poor get poorer, and the rich get richer," he said. "It's a totally failed system. And we can't be intimidated by those that argue, 'If you don't support the welfare system, you're not a humanitarian.'"

Some of the loudest applause from the audience came from the portion of Paul's remarks focused on foreign policy, particularly comments that he was opposed to pre-emptive war and that U.S. forces should be immediately removed from Afghanistan.

Audience members also cheered during Paul's more traditionally liberal arguments. He talked at length about individual liberty as it pertains to intellectual and religious freedom, adding that the same concepts should be applied to what people eat and drink or how they choose to live their lives.

The event, which was organized by the Young Presidents Organization, was held Thursday afternoon at the UCCU Center.

According to a non-binding poll on Paul's website, when asked who he should endorse for president, 43 percent said he should back third-party candidate Gary Johnson, 25 percent answered "nobody," 19 percent picked Mitt Romney, and 8 percent chose President Barack Obama.

"There truly is a revolution happening in the country, and people's attitudes are changing," Paul said. "There is reason to be optimistic about what is happening today."

Some who attended, however, said they were supporting him for president.

"I would write in Ron Paul because, like I said, I have to stick with principles, and he is the only one that I believe defends our constitution and preserves our liberty," said Jennifer Orten.
    more http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22597067&nid...medium=twitter
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-18-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's a great picture from twitter!

ronpaul at uvu oct 18 2012 2.JPG
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-18-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post

they say a fan site is his website though, as was a common mistake during the campaign.

The Texas congressman and former Republican presidential candidate's "revolution" continues for droves who turned out to hear him give his 45 minute speech at the school. The speech, which he delivered without notes, ranged in issues from free markers, the deficit, welfare, poverty and limited government.
    more http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22597067&nid...medium=twitter
    Free markers is a huge issue for this revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan4Life View Post
    tubes?
    there are a couple little clips I've seen, but not his whole speech yet.

another picture:

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    there are a couple little clips I've seen, but not his whole speech yet.
    awesome!. cant wait for the full speech

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Man, why couldn't this guy be our 45th president? It is a shame how a great man who brings in so many, who is so honest, who is one of my heroes, can be shunned into presumable obscurity by the talking heads in the MSM because TPTB precieve him as such a threat.

I pray that he spends as much time touring touring touring and spreading the message. We came so close this go around, but maybe it is a blessing in disguise so to show people (who are not awake yet) how F*CKED UP our country is and unless done from the inside this broken two party system, our vote means nothing.

We have 4 more years to get this country ready for liberty candidate. Although many here might not like Rand, I do, and I think he is the best shot we have in 2016, presuming Romney loses. Unless of course TPTB think it would be best to snuff our Liberty uprising out in the GOP by having Romney win so to leave the impression to the public that the GOP is not broken, so everyone can just bury their heads in the sand again.

Here is a local news video that goes with the story: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=960&sid=22597067

they still quote that poll on that website as if it were his. I did tweet the guy that it is a fan site, but...
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-18-2012 at 09:09 PM.

simply amazing what he is able to do, we're 2.5 weeks from the presidential election and instead of thinking D's vs R's there's 7k in an arena in Utah. Gosh I hope and pray that we're able to capitalize on this going forward. Lord knows we (our country) needs it.

good thing they changed to the larger venue
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I want some free markers!!!
    Terminus tela viaticus!