Thread: Wow. U.S. Welfare Spending Topped $1T in 2011 - Does NOT include SS/Medicare

Wow. U.S. Welfare Spending Topped $1T in 2011 - Does NOT include SS/Medicare

Congratulations, Amerika! Get off your knees and take a bow!

USSA! USSA! USSA!

U.S. Welfare Spending Topped $1T in 2011
    http://reason.com/24-7/2012/10/18/us...ped-1t-in-2011

The government spent approximately $1.03 trillion on 83 means-tested federal welfare programs in fiscal year 2011 alone — a price tag that makes welfare that year the government’s largest expenditure, according to new data released by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee.
    [...]
    The data excludes spending on Social Security, Medicare, means-tested health care for veterans without service-connected disabilities, and the means-tested veterans pension program.
    Begging hands and bleeding hearts will
    Only cry out for more
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wouldn't even know how to get on welfare checks.
    If I wanted to say $#@! it, and quit working- how would i get on the dole?
    I think everyone should just stop working and get on a government check. that will end this $#@! quick.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Congratulations, Amerika! Get off your knees and take a bow!
    I'm not on my knees - I'm on my ass!

(I'd be getting paid if I were on my knees. )

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    I think everyone should just stop working and get on a government check. that will end this $#@! quick.
    Still learning the ropes, and it varies from state to state. Here in Michigan, the state added an asset test after two lottery winners continued to get food stamps. So, if you have any money in the bank, including retirement accounts and investments, you don't qualify. Your house and your car don't count, though. So if you cash in your iRA and buy a house, you're on the right track.

You could ask the obama-phone woman. I bet she knows
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    You could ask the obama-phone woman. I bet she knows
    she got an email?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

she got an email?
    no that's not covered under her obama-plan yet. she has a phone # though I know that much
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    no that's not covered under her obama-plan yet. she has a phone # though I know that much
    well, i'll get me a stolen phone too.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you qualify for food stamps or your kids qualify for free lunches, you qualify for an Obamaphone. u cn txt
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-18-2012 at 09:05 PM.

//
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 10-18-2012 at 10:08 PM.