Thread: Fully Encrypted Cell Phone Service Launches today! ~ "Silent Circle"

Thumbs up Fully Encrypted Cell Phone Service Launches today! ~ "Silent Circle"

https://silentcircle.com/

What is Silent Phone?

Silent Phone is your answer to Secure Mobile Video & Voice. It is an easy to download app that will provide you with HD quality calling over 3G, 4G and WiFi Networks that utilizes ZRTP encryption software invented by Phil Zimmermann and used worldwide. The Silent Circle phone service interoperates with any SIP/RTP phone. Key negotiations are purely peer-to-peer through the media stream. The ZRTP software detects when the call starts, and initiates a cryptographic key agreement between the two parties, and then proceeds to encrypt and decrypt the voice & data packets on the fly. The keys are destroyed at the end of the call.

How it works

Each user will receive a special Private Encrypted 10-digit phone number individual to them. Silent Phone allows you to easily integrate existing contacts and favorite information on your device to provide complete functionality securely. We built Silent Phone and our network to be true Device-to-Device encrypted security –no one can listen in, no one can wiretap , no one but you and the subscriber on the other end has access –not us, not anyone. Everyone wants to know “How did you do it?” –how is it possible that Silent Phone can make clear crisp Video & Voice calls over 3G 4G or any other older network –100% encrypted with almost no latency? Our custom-built PBXs, servers, software and algorithms were built and designed by our All-Star team of “who’s who” in the world of VoIP, Encryption and Secure Software.

Devices

Silent Phone will work on mobile smartphones and tablets. (iPhone, iPad, Android, Galaxy, Nexus) Complete a quick download from the Apple iTunes App Store or the Android Market (Coming Soon).
    We are working on launching the Android versions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    interesting.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear. -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Cue NSA demanding a "back door" in three...two...one...

Still, I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Still, I like.
    No countdown necessary...it will come out in the coming years that there was one built in.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Well, from what I understand, there are already backdoors directly into the phone itself, so which the signal may not be interceptable, they could intercept that sound on your end when you receive it (after decoding).
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    No countdown necessary...it will come out in the coming years that there was one built in.
    What better way to corrall all those anti American kooks into one system?

Amirite???

Now they know which backdoors are worth listening to.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do not trust proprietary encryption! Any encryption software must be open source and peer reviewed in order for it be safe to use.

As an example I can name hushmail.com that got forced to alter their proprietary code giving the government the ability to read emails while they were still advertising privacy. Open source is the only way to be safe!
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    Do not trust proprietary encryption! Any encryption software must be open source and peer reviewed in order for it be safe to use.

As an example I can name hushmail.com that got forced to alter their proprietary code giving the government the ability to read emails while they were still advertising privacy. Open source is the only way to be safe!
    +rep still loads of people who think Hushmail does something for them.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    Well, from what I understand, there are already backdoors directly into the phone itself, so which the signal may not be interceptable, they could intercept that sound on your end when you receive it (after decoding).
    Yea, this is exactly what I'm under the impression of. They might not be able to intercept unencrypted data, but they can just listen to the sound coming out of the earpiece on one end (or the mouthpiece on the other end), and vise-versa. Though this may protect someone from the local police tapping your phone, it's ain't gonna do diddly squat against the FBI, NSA, etc.

Still, I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    Probably was made, and developed by the NSA.

What better way to corrall all those anti American kooks into one system?

Amirite???
    Read my mind.....