Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CEO to Workers - "I May Fire You if Obama Wins"

CEO to Workers - "I May Fire You if Obama Wins"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ceo-wo...131640914.html

Here's the full letter:

Subject: Message from David Siegel
    Date:Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:58:05 -0400 (EDT)
    To: [All employees]
    To All My Valued Employees,
    As most of you know our company, Westgate Resorts, has continued to succeed in spite of a very dismal economy. There is no question that the economy has changed for the worse and we have not seen any improvement over the past four years. In spite of all of the challenges we have faced, the good news is this: The economy doesn't currently pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is another 4 years of the same Presidential administration. Of course, as your employer, I can't tell you whom to vote for, and I certainly wouldn't interfere with your right to vote for whomever you choose. In fact, I encourage you to vote for whomever you think will serve your interests the best.

However, let me share a few facts that might help you decide what is in your best interest.The current administration and members of the press have perpetuated an environment that casts employers against employees. They want you to believe that we live in a class system where the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. They label us the "1%" and imply that we are somehow immune to the challenges that face our country. This could not be further from the truth. Sure, you may have heard about the big home that I'm building. I'm sure many people think that I live a privileged life. However, what you don't see or hear is the true story behind any success that I have achieved.
    I started this company over 42 years ago. At that time, I lived in a very modest home. I converted my garage into an office so I could put forth 100% effort into building a company, which by the way, would eventually employ you. We didn't eat in fancy restaurants or take expensive vacations because every dollar I made went back into this company. I drove an old used car, and often times, I stayed home on weekends, while my friends went out drinking and partying. In fact, I was married to my business - hard work, discipline, and sacrifice. Meanwhile, many of my friends got regular jobs. They worked 40 hours a week and made a nice income, and they spent every dime they earned. They drove flashy cars and lived in expensive homes and wore fancy designer clothes. My friends refinanced their mortgages and lived a life of luxury. I, however, did not. I put my time, my money, and my life into this business --with a vision that eventually, some day, I too, will be able to afford to buy whatever I wanted. Even to this day, every dime I earn goes back into this company. Over the past four years I have had to stop building my dream house, cut back on all of my expenses, and take my kids out of private schools simply to keep this company strong and to keep you employed.

Just think about this - most of you arrive at work in the morning and leave that afternoon and the rest of your time is yours to do as you please. But not me- there is no "off" button for me. When you leave the office, you are done and you have a weekend all to yourself. I unfortunately do not have that freedom. I eat, live, and breathe this company every minute of the day, every day of the week. There is no rest. There is no weekend. There is no happy hour. I know many of you work hard and do a great job, but I'm the one who has to sign every check, pay every expense, and make sure that this company continues to succeed. Unfortunately, what most people see is the nice house and the lavish lifestyle. What the press certainly does not want you to see, is the true story of the hard work and sacrifices I've made.

Now, the economy is falling apart and people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for. Yes, business ownership has its benefits, but the price I've paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the costs of running a business have gotten out of control, and let me tell you why: We are being taxed to death and the government thinks we don't pay enough. We pay state taxes, federal taxes, property taxes, sales and use taxes, payroll taxes, workers compensation taxes and unemployment taxes. I even have to hire an entire department to manage all these taxes. The question I have is this: Who is really stimulating the economy? Is it the Government that wants to take money from those who have earned it and give it to those who have not, or is it people like me who built a company out of his garage and directly employs over 7000 people and hosts over 3 million people per year with a great vacation?

Obviously, our present government believes that taking my money is the right economic stimulus for this country. The fact is, if I deducted 50 percent of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean, why should you? Who wants to get rewarded only 50 percent of their hard work? Well, that's what happens to me.
    Here is what most people don't understand and the press and our Government has chosen to ignore - to stimulate the economy you need to stimulate what runs the economy. Instead of raising my taxes and depositing that money into the Washington black-hole, let me spend it on growing the company, hire more employees, and generate substantial economic growth. My employees will enjoy the wealth of that tax cut in the form of promotions and better salaries. But that is not what our current Government wants you to believe. They want you to believe that it somehow makes sense to take more from those who create wealth and give it to those who do not, and somehow our economy will improve. They don't want you to know that the "1%", as they like to label us, pay more than 31% of all the taxes in this country. Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said, "democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Business is at the heart of America and always has been. To restart it, you must stimulate business, not kill it. However, the power brokers in Washington believe redistributing wealth is the essential driver of the American economic engine. Nothing could be further from the truth and this is the type of change they want.
    So where am I going with all this? It's quite simple. If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company. Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone.
    So, when you make your decision to vote, ask yourself, which candidate understands the economics of business ownership and who doesn't? Whose policies will endanger your job? Answer those questions and you should know who might be the one capable of protecting and saving your job. While the media wants to tell you to believe the "1 percenters" are bad, I'm telling you they are not. They create most of the jobs. If you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the "1%"; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country.

You see, I can no longer support a system that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, so will your opportunities. If that happens, you can find me in the Caribbean sitting on the beach, under a palm tree, retired, and with no employees to worry about.

Signed, your boss,
    David Siegel
    Last edited by mello; 10-11-2012 at 09:57 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by QuickZ06; 10-11-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Stupid, yes. Fake too?

Obama might even add that classy GOP marketing stunt "hate" author to his enemy target list... if it offends him enough.

Here's another example of how words can lead to time in a cage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-19869710
    "A Lancashire man who posted offensive comments on Facebook ... has been jailed for 12 weeks ... after a number of derogatory posts. He appeared at Chorley Magistrates' Court where he admitted sending a grossly offensive public electronic communication."
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 10-11-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Real: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ceo-wo...131640914.html

"Siegel admitted to me that he used a similar email circulating on the web as "the basis" of his own email."
    Last edited by Danke; 10-11-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

"Siegel admitted to me that he used a similar email circulating on the web as "the basis" of his own email."

Hooooooo!!!!!!!!

I'm not really sure what is so fake about it, lots of Fox News watching Republican CEOs out there I'm sure.

I don't know how much difference electing Romney will make since any economic benefits, if there even are any could easily be taken away through defense spending.. but getting the free market concepts out there isn't really stupid. The letter would make sense of Ron Paul was running against Obama.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

In the real world:

My boss cancelled our group insurance.
    My husband's employer is raising our health ins contribution by 90% in 2013.
    No one where I work has had a raise in 4 years.
    My employer is selling at least one of the properties we manage.
    One of the commercial properties we manage has lost 50% of the tenants due to property tax and water rate increases. Huge increases on both counts. City has doubled the cost on everything from water rates to permits.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think it is an absurd proposition to suggest that Obama wins, and the potential Democrat victories in the house and Senate it may signify, would negatively impact the economy. Taxes stink. Democrats gaining power may mean an end to the Bush Tax Cuts, and more taxes on things.

I know I've been holding off on making any further stock investments until after the election. I'm expecting the market to have a mini-crash across the board right after, regardless of who wins, since so many people will be devistated if Authoritarian(A) beats Authoritarian(B).
    Last edited by VanBummel; 10-11-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Probably not the first fraud this guy has ever committed...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

if his answer is vote Mitt, he isn't that bright.
    but i appreciate the idea.
    the man is getting the same government policies no matter who wins.
    he may as well close shop and head to the gulch.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Probably not the first fraud this guy has ever committed...
    How do you know it is fraud?

The owners of the company I used to work for could just as easily have written a similar letter, and by merely changing a few of the statistics and details, it would be accurate. That story probably would work with hundreds of small businesses.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Stupid, yes. Fake too?

Obama might even add that classy GOP marketing stunt "hate" author to his enemy target list... if it offends him enough.

Here's another example of how words can lead to time in a cage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-19869710
    "A Lancashire man who posted offensive comments on Facebook ... has been jailed for 12 weeks ... after a number of derogatory posts. He appeared at Chorley Magistrates' Court where he admitted sending a grossly offensive public electronic communication."
    Should've been or could've been a Punker.

According to snopes, which is a leftist deal, it is NOT FAKE.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    How do you know it is fraud?

The owners of the company I used to work for could just as easily have written a similar letter, and by merely changing a few of the statistics and details, it would be accurate. That story probably would work with hundreds of small businesses.
    If he turned it in as homework, it would be called plagiarism (or fraud).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

why not retire and enjoy what you have?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    If he turned it in as homework, it would be called plagiarism (or fraud).
    I really don't think he was planning on turning it in as homework, which is expected to be original work. Nor was he going to publicly present it as an original (art) work. To top it off, he did alter it to match his own situation, making it in fact a new original work. So the premise of it being a fraud is moot.
    Last edited by Tod; 10-11-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Good for him and his workers. People should be more aware of the consequence of their vote.

I can't blame him for it.

(more reason for his workers to write in Ron Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    I can't blame him for it.

(more reason for his workers to write in Ron Paul)
    If he hasn't closed up shop yet, I doubt he will with whoever wins. I don't see Obama raising taxes in the middle of a recession despite what he says now to get votes. Of course if Romney bought the company none of them would have jobs since he would sell what he could and fire them all.
    Last edited by RickyJ; 10-11-2012 at 10:30 PM.

BTW, if his business has truly made him a one percenter he doesn't have much to complain about, that is very, very rich. I can't feel sorry for him if he is truly a one percenter.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Give the guy credit to realize that all taxes hurt the economy. He better consult with a tax guy if he thinks he will pay less tax under Romney.

Obama plan is to increase top tax rate from 36% to 39% and leave deductions alone. (BTW the increase will not happen)
    Romney plan is to keep the top rate at 36% and eliminate deductions for the wealth. (BTW who the hell knows what Romney will do if elected)

Don't have to be a tax genius to figure out the 36% with deductions is better than 36% without deductions.

Plus this guy gives his employees no respect which kinda pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Give the guy credit to realize that all taxes hurt the economy. He better consult with a tax guy if he thinks he will pay less tax under Romney.

Obama plan is to increase top tax rate from 36% to 39% and leave deductions alone. (BTW the increase will not happen)
    Romney plan is to keep the top rate at 36% and eliminate deductions for the wealth. (BTW who the hell knows what Romney will do if elected)

Don't have to be a tax genius to figure out the 36% with deductions is better than 36% without deductions.

Plus this guy gives his employees no respect which kinda pisses me off.
    Ha gave his employees respect. He said they worked hard, and did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ceo-wo...131640914.html

Here's the full letter:

Subject: Message from David Siegel
    Date:Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:58:05 -0400 (EDT)
    To: [All employees]
    To All My Valued Employees,
    As most of you know our company, Westgate Resorts, has continued to succeed in spite of a very dismal economy. There is no question that the economy has changed for the worse and we have not seen any improvement over the past four years. In spite of all of the challenges we have faced, the good news is this: The economy doesn't currently pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is another 4 years of the same Presidential administration. Of course, as your employer, I can't tell you whom to vote for, and I certainly wouldn't interfere with your right to vote for whomever you choose. In fact, I encourage you to vote for whomever you think will serve your interests the best.

However, let me share a few facts that might help you decide what is in your best interest.The current administration and members of the press have perpetuated an environment that casts employers against employees. They want you to believe that we live in a class system where the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. They label us the "1%" and imply that we are somehow immune to the challenges that face our country. This could not be further from the truth. Sure, you may have heard about the big home that I'm building. I'm sure many people think that I live a privileged life. However, what you don't see or hear is the true story behind any success that I have achieved.
    I started this company over 42 years ago. At that time, I lived in a very modest home. I converted my garage into an office so I could put forth 100% effort into building a company, which by the way, would eventually employ you. We didn't eat in fancy restaurants or take expensive vacations because every dollar I made went back into this company. I drove an old used car, and often times, I stayed home on weekends, while my friends went out drinking and partying. In fact, I was married to my business - hard work, discipline, and sacrifice. Meanwhile, many of my friends got regular jobs. They worked 40 hours a week and made a nice income, and they spent every dime they earned. They drove flashy cars and lived in expensive homes and wore fancy designer clothes. My friends refinanced their mortgages and lived a life of luxury. I, however, did not. I put my time, my money, and my life into this business --with a vision that eventually, some day, I too, will be able to afford to buy whatever I wanted. Even to this day, every dime I earn goes back into this company. Over the past four years I have had to stop building my dream house, cut back on all of my expenses, and take my kids out of private schools simply to keep this company strong and to keep you employed.

Just think about this - most of you arrive at work in the morning and leave that afternoon and the rest of your time is yours to do as you please. But not me- there is no "off" button for me. When you leave the office, you are done and you have a weekend all to yourself. I unfortunately do not have that freedom. I eat, live, and breathe this company every minute of the day, every day of the week. There is no rest. There is no weekend. There is no happy hour. I know many of you work hard and do a great job, but I'm the one who has to sign every check, pay every expense, and make sure that this company continues to succeed. Unfortunately, what most people see is the nice house and the lavish lifestyle. What the press certainly does not want you to see, is the true story of the hard work and sacrifices I've made.

Now, the economy is falling apart and people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for. Yes, business ownership has its benefits, but the price I've paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the costs of running a business have gotten out of control, and let me tell you why: We are being taxed to death and the government thinks we don't pay enough. We pay state taxes, federal taxes, property taxes, sales and use taxes, payroll taxes, workers compensation taxes and unemployment taxes. I even have to hire an entire department to manage all these taxes. The question I have is this: Who is really stimulating the economy? Is it the Government that wants to take money from those who have earned it and give it to those who have not, or is it people like me who built a company out of his garage and directly employs over 7000 people and hosts over 3 million people per year with a great vacation?

Obviously, our present government believes that taking my money is the right economic stimulus for this country. The fact is, if I deducted 50 percent of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean, why should you? Who wants to get rewarded only 50 percent of their hard work? Well, that's what happens to me.
    Here is what most people don't understand and the press and our Government has chosen to ignore - to stimulate the economy you need to stimulate what runs the economy. Instead of raising my taxes and depositing that money into the Washington black-hole, let me spend it on growing the company, hire more employees, and generate substantial economic growth. My employees will enjoy the wealth of that tax cut in the form of promotions and better salaries. But that is not what our current Government wants you to believe. They want you to believe that it somehow makes sense to take more from those who create wealth and give it to those who do not, and somehow our economy will improve. They don't want you to know that the "1%", as they like to label us, pay more than 31% of all the taxes in this country. Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said, "democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Business is at the heart of America and always has been. To restart it, you must stimulate business, not kill it. However, the power brokers in Washington believe redistributing wealth is the essential driver of the American economic engine. Nothing could be further from the truth and this is the type of change they want.
    So where am I going with all this? It's quite simple. If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company. Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone.
    So, when you make your decision to vote, ask yourself, which candidate understands the economics of business ownership and who doesn't? Whose policies will endanger your job? Answer those questions and you should know who might be the one capable of protecting and saving your job. While the media wants to tell you to believe the "1 percenters" are bad, I'm telling you they are not. They create most of the jobs. If you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the "1%"; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country.

You see, I can no longer support a system that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, so will your opportunities. If that happens, you can find me in the Caribbean sitting on the beach, under a palm tree, retired, and with no employees to worry about.

Signed, your boss,
    David Siegel
    This reminds me of my experience. Most people piss away all of their extra money and time, then wonder why some people get rich and they don't .

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Hooooooo!!!!!!!!

I'm not really sure what is so fake about it, lots of Fox News watching Republican CEOs out there I'm sure.

I don't know how much difference electing Romney will make since any economic benefits, if there even are any could easily be taken away through defense spending.. but getting the free market concepts out there isn't really stupid. The letter would make sense of Ron Paul was running against Obama.
    It's a ploy. No boss who spends SOOO much time worrying about their company will write such a scorching email to their employees just to tell them who to vote for, and do it sincerely. Some employers may have used it, but this is not a product of someone who's truly worried about their company. This is a product borrowed by somebody worried about their company from someone who doesn't give a $#@! and only wants to write a politically charged letter that will be circulated on the internet.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Ha gave his employees respect. He said they worked hard, and did a good job.
    I can just imagine his pursed lips and concerned baby face look when he said that.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    It's a ploy. No boss who spends SOOO much time worrying about their company will write such a scorching email to their employees just to tell them who to vote for, and do it sincerely. Some employers may have used it, but this is not a product of someone who's truly worried about their company. This is a product borrowed by somebody worried about their company from someone who doesn't give a $#@! and only wants to write a politically charged letter that will be circulated on the internet.
    THIS!
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast