Thread: [Video] Ron Paul on CNBC's online show Futures Now 10/11/12

[Video] Ron Paul on CNBC's online show Futures Now 10/11/12

It's a web based show on cnbc.com. Today at 1pm.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48227449/

video update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pQD6BN5KX0
    Last edited by jct74; 10-11-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

NOO!!!

It cut out for me RIGHT when they asked about Jim Rogers saying neither candidate would address the issues, and asked if Ron was ready to endorse Romney!! What did he say? (I can guess but I wanted to hear it, hope someone posts it....)

He said no or not at this time...don't remember the exact words.

Ron "Why doesn't Obama attack Romney for being the Goldman Sachs candidate? It is because they both want to [subsidize crony risk essentially]." And there would be no difference between the two.

Q: You don't think Romney will give some solutions?

Ron: Well, I think he wants to, but it is kind of like watching George H W Bush saying 'read my lips no new taxes'... the orders come down and even the conservatives roll over for the Republican president, and no one is arguing Romney represents the conservative wing of the Republican party...' etc etc.... good interview.

Pretty short, but I was on a call and missed the beginning.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-11-2012 at 11:33 AM.

cool stuff. Ron commented that based on behavior we really have a one party system, nothing's going to change no matter who wins the White House, the orders come down, foreign policy doesn't change, monetary policy doesn't change, spending keeps going up, Bernanke QE forever, price of gold will continue to rise because dollars keep being printed.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Last edited by georgiaboy; 10-11-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    SA - correction, GHWB
    thanks, I meant him, I just typed it too fast while they were speaking.

CNBC put up a video clip of it but it was the part I heard, not the earlier part. Still good though: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...se-Romney-quot

I'll try and get a tube of it up

I love when they play the Rogers audio clip and you can hear Faber laughing in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo Shrimp View Post
    thanks, I replaced your other front page one with this one.

CNBC just put up a 'Pros react to Ron Paul statements' segment, I'm thinking they liked the ratings.... http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video...FyY2giOiIifQ==

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    CNBC just put up a 'Pros react to Ron Paul statements' segment, I'm thinking they liked the ratings.... http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video...FyY2giOiIifQ==
    Should I get a tube of that too?

Edit: Uploaded it

Last edited by Jumbo Shrimp; 10-11-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Should I get a tube of that too?
    I think it's probably ok as a link, but if you do, I will put it up with the other one. Right now I have the link there.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I think it's probably ok as a link, but if you do, I will put it up with the other one. Right now I have the link there.
    Uploaded the video of the panel discussing the interview. Can you add it to the OP? Thanks

Uploaded the video of the panel discussing the interview. Can you add it to the OP? Thanks
    Done! Thanks!

Jim Rogers - "It doesn't matter Jackie whether it is Romney or Obama they are both the same. They don't have a clue what is going on. They caused the problems these are the guys that got us into this situation. Do you think they will get us out?"

Jackie Deangelis - "Alright two questions for you representative Paul. One, do you agree with what Mr. Rogers said? And two, are you ready to endorse Mitt Romney?

Ron Paul - "No to the second. Yes, I agree with Jimmy Rogers, he knows exactly what he is talking about. He emphasies the ignorance of the two when it comes to economic policy. That is something I would agree with. That isn't exactly the way I look at it. I look at it that there are people who are very very powerful that are able to make sure their interests are protected whether it's the people who run the federal reserve and bail out banks and bail out European banks and International situations.

Right now they have their two guys there. Believe me. Why does Obama not attack Romney for being the Goldman Sachs candidate? It's because they are both within the establishment where they need the federal reserve and the lender of last resort to make sure you can take all the risk in the world but don't sweat it because government will be there and the fed will be there and they are going to get bailed out.

So, I think the two guys are there, Jimmy can argue that they don't really understand economics, and in many ways that's true, because neither one of them have the vaguest idea what Austrian free market hard money economics is all about!

But, at the same time they know how to play the game and represent a one party system. Somebody said, "why don't we get a third party? And another one said, and I think correctly so, "why don't we get a second party? You know... compete with this single party.

I've been in this business a long time, and believe me, there is essentially no difference from one administration to another no matter what the platform says."
    I believe you Ron.

Top-o-the-blog feature on ZH right now:

Ron Paul On The "One-Party System"
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...e-party-system

Ron Paul will not go quietly into the night - and rightly so, it would seem, given his truthiness. In a recent brief interview on CNBC's Futures Now, he managed to diss Romney, smash the 'belief' in a 'two-party' system, and undermine any hope for economic change from the farce of an election. Summed up simply: "There is essentially no difference between one administration and another, no matter what the platform."

Starting by agreeing with Jim Rogers recent views that we discussed here, he refises to endorse Romney and then it gets interesting...

"They haven't the vaguest idea what Austrian free-market hard-money economics is"

Upload by Eduardo89rp < our Eduardo?
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Ron telling it like it is. He literally knowns how much to say and when to say it.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"