Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
This is so right on. This is why I consistently argue for working diligently for sound money. CaptLouAlbano started his business and investments when money was, well sorta, sound. 90% silver was in full use. A dollar could be exchanged for 371.25 grains of pure silver at the time.
I agree, it was far more easier back in the 60's when money was worth a lot more than it is today. However, the basic principle still exists today in that you want people working for you and generating income, far more than you want to be doing the work yourself. For example, my son is a barber and while he still cuts hair, his real earnings comes from that fact that he has other barbers working for him. So his shops (he has 3 in total) are open a combined 180 hours per week with at least 3 barbers on staff at any given time. That's a lot of haircuts, and in a business that is a relatively small earner per hour (a haircut costs about 12 bucks in his area) he can still turn a very nice profit annually from the volume he is able to do. If however, he was a one man shop he'd be working 80 hours a week, just to put food on the table.