Thread: Silver Wheaton CEO: Silver to $50 in 2013

Silver Wheaton CEO: Silver to $50 in 2013

I personally think this is a conservative estimate. Once inflation starts kicking in and with the economy still in the gutter, I say silver could reach $75 by mid-2013

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo Shrimp View Post
    I personally think this is a conservative estimate. Once inflation starts kicking in and with the economy still in the gutter, I say silver could reach $75 by mid-2013
    I agree. And not just due to inflation, but also because of extreme disappointment in the stock market. And if we see any TBTF belly-ups, or sovereign snafus overseas with capital flight, it will be amplified.

Silver is just too manipulated because of paper. Until Goldman Sachs & JP Morgan can be held accountable for shorting more silver than what exists in the world, I just can't get too excited about it any more.

SO more than double the price of silver in the next six months? Personally, I don't think it would go that high but nobody can know. Last high on the London exchange was April, 2011. Down about a third since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    Silver is just too manipulated because of paper. Until Goldman Sachs & JP Morgan can be held accountable for shorting more silver than what exists in the world, I just can't get too excited about it any more.
    I agree...but I'm buying anyway...they can't hold the price down forever.

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    I agree...but I'm buying anyway...they can't hold the price down forever.
    Same here, and you are absolutely correct.

The paper derivative shams and games have no effect on anyone who is super-long on any PM. It only chews up and spits out those trying to predict the shorts, ride the waves, and do some profit-taking along the way. I don't care about those winners and losers, or the fact that "the house" has inside knowledge of its own influences and controls. Because I am forever long, it's all a ratcheting effect to me. One way only. So we see a long term trend of suppress and suppress...up down...shorts against longs, suppress...then BAM!! -- a major spike is followed by a correction, as a new price floor is established, below which it will never again descend. And that ratcheting effect is as exponential as the devaluation of the paper that misrepresents it - PM derivatives and Fed notes alike.

I see no reason why not , and this is why , where else are people going to put money ? The stock market is going to slide , bonds , CD's and savings are not going to pay anything, food prices are going to go through the roof , energy will go up , there will be little growth anywhere..... ??