Thread: [Video] Gary Johnson: We Own the Federal Reserve

[Video] Gary Johnson: We Own the Federal Reserve

Gary Johnson: We Own the Federal Reserve (WTF?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSNTb5qXqG0

Gary Johnson: We own the Federal Reserve. There is this misconception that the Federal Reserve is some private entity. But if I might give an analogy here, we -- U.S. taxpayers -- own all the stock in the Federal Reserve.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Public owns the Fed - communism. Banks own the Fed - Fascism. It's a moot point. I choose neither.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

If by "own" they mean able to direct the actions and assets of, then the US government owns the Fed and, in theory, the people own the US government. And this is one of the reasons the Bill Stills plan to replace the Fed with fiat money direct from the treasury is so stupid.

"Every day when I walk to school with Bill and John, Bill holds me down while John steals my lunch money and splits it with Bill. So from now on instead of walking to school with Bill and John, I am going to walk to school with John and Bill."
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Public owns the Fed - communism. Banks own the Fed - Fascism. It's a moot point. I choose neither.
    Ever notice that in Communist countries the public still "owns" nothing? The Communist Manifesto calls for a Central Bank, FYI.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Gary Johnson: We Own the Federal Reserve (WTF?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSNTb5qXqG0

Gary Johnson: We own the Federal Reserve. There is this misconception that the Federal Reserve is some private entity. But if I might give an analogy here, we -- U.S. taxpayers -- own all the stock in the Federal Reserve.
    Ummmm.......if we do then when do I get a dividend?

Looks like I'm stuck voting for Virgil Goode. I would vote for Andre' Nigel Barnett (I think he's the best of those actually running) but he's not on the ballot in Tennessee. I could write him in, but if I do that I might as well write in Ron Paul. (Yeah I know. Some folks are doing that. Best to ya. I want my vote to show up in a number on election night. I'm not satisfied with the "But someone can do a calculation sometime later showing a difference between the presidential vote and the overall vote" argument.

For those considering Barnett (reform party candidate) his websites are:

http://reformparty.org/candidates/andre-nigel-barnett/
    http://www.andrebarnett2012.com/

And there are people here at RPF who vouch for Virgil Goode. He seems to have genuinely changed from his earlier support of the Iraq war. I can take that over Gary Johnson's "interventionists wars are bad unless some trendy twenty somethings say it's needed to save the children" position. And his ignorance (or dishonesty) about the fed is more than I can take.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Hey Gary Johnson give me a call when you're capable of something more than using the words "Federal Reserve" in a sentence.

P.S. We don't own the Fed, the bankers do
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Gary it doesn't matter who owns the fed what matters is that the fed exists at all...
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummmm.......if we do then when do I get a dividend?

Looks like I'm stuck voting for Virgil Goode. I would vote for Andre' Nigel Barnett (I think he's the best of those actually running) but he's not on the ballot in Tennessee. I could write him in, but if I do that I might as well write in Ron Paul. (Yeah I know. Some folks are doing that. Best to ya. I want my vote to show up in a number on election night. I'm not satisfied with the "But someone can do a calculation sometime later showing a difference between the presidential vote and the overall vote" argument.

For those considering Barnett (reform party candidate) his websites are:

http://reformparty.org/candidates/andre-nigel-barnett/
    http://www.andrebarnett2012.com/

And there are people here at RPF who vouch for Virgil Goode. He seems to have genuinely changed from his earlier support of the Iraq war. I can take that over Gary Johnson's "interventionists wars are bad unless some trendy twenty somethings say it's needed to save the children" position. And his ignorance (or dishonesty) about the fed is more than I can take.
    Goode is still a drug warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Which is why I said no thank you. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Ever notice that in Communist countries the public still "owns" nothing? The Communist Manifesto calls for a Central Bank, FYI.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Hey Gary Johnson give me a call when you're capable of something more than using the words "Federal Reserve" in a sentence.

P.S. We don't own the Fed, the bankers do
    It's like he dug through Ron's trash and got some of his notes.
    I am the spoon.

Chester Copperpot

oh Christ dont tell me i cant vote for this guy now...

invididuals arent allowed to on FRB stock so wtf gary...

he must be talking about the public board of governors.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    It's like he dug through Ron's trash and got some of his notes.

hehe... thats funny.. i can picture him doing that!!

The Fed is Fascist - quasi-State, quasi-private - quintessential Mussolini. You, me, or the homeless guy down the road don't own $#@! about the Fed. The Fed is a creation of the Government, has certain members appointed, and is basically another branch of the Government, however, the rewards, go to private-interests and they have arguably as much say in policy as the President or Treasurer. In fact, the Treasurer or President most often are the same interests. Gary is being an idiot here. I couldn't vote for him after his war-fiasco endorsement, but $#@!, Gary you dun' goofed again.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

[Video] Gary Johnson: We Own the Federal Reserve

I think someone needs to come to grips as to who own whom.

Ask everybody what "own" means, and you'll get a bunch of different answers.

Let's see, my "stock" in the Fed:

- Not individually owned
    - No ability to transfer ownership
    - No voting rights
    - No value
    - No dividends
    - No power to audit

Hmmm, given the power that wonderful thing that I 'own' wields, I would say that I was sold to the Fed, and that the Fed owns me, not the other way around. Otherwise, where do I go to cash out my 'stock' in the Fed? I want to sell out - cheap cheap - while $#@! is still selling.