Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul and Laura Ingraham agree on need for less interventionist foreign policy (audio)

Rand Paul and Laura Ingraham agree on need for less interventionist foreign policy (audio)

interview from this morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou8bF-UDKVQ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This ad is killing the Neo-Cons. No matter how much hand wringing the typical nay sayers on this board want to say it's useless or counterproductive.

Great interview. Thanks for the post. I love the ad.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

This was good. Laura was very fair to Rand, and he was very articulate in drawing the distinction between having a strong defense, versus seeking preemptive war. The Bush foreign policy advisors and speech writers are going to cost Romney the election, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    This was good. Laura was very fair to Rand, and he was very articulate in drawing the distinction between having a strong defense, versus seeking preemptive war. The Bush foreign policy advisors and speech writers are going to cost Romney the election, IMO.
    Nah. The Obama voters have proven they don't care about civil liberties or foreign policy.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Interesting that Rand states that Romney is privately far less interventionist than his scripted speeches portray him as. Romney is not a dumb man. I theorize that he knows that any war of aggression would completely derail the economy along with his first term, if elected.
    Last edited by AuH20; 10-10-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Interesting that Rand states that Romney is privately far less interventionist than his scripted speeches.
    I take this as Obamney blatantly lying to Paul to secure that precious 'Paul' endorsement. Maybe this new op-ed is Rand's blowback for the face to face lies.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, we should read between the lines that are between the lines? Wha....?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    I take this as Obamney blatantly lying to Paul to secure that precious 'Paul' endorsement. Maybe this new op-ed is Rand's blowback for the face to face lies.
    Or maybe Romney is playing poker like Reagan did, in order to appease both his Jewish donors as well as keeping the Iranians honest. The Soviets privately thought Reagan was a madman during the Cold War, but actually he was just as frightened of a nuclear exchange as the Soviets. It should also be noted that Romney's father changed his opinion on the effectiveness of the Vietnam War. Romney is very much of an enigma and doesn't fit the neocon mold like someone like a John McCain or others. It will interesting to see his actual foreign policy decisions going forward in the event he becomes POTUS.
    Last edited by AuH20; 10-10-2012 at 08:13 PM.

they're coming around.....
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

i do not for one minute buy into the idea that Mitt is privately much more of a dove.

Look at his personal history.

He was running counter-protests for the vietnam war. Essentially protesting those that were protesting the war.

Mitt is a very smart, cunning, and articulate politician. He is going to work Rand just like he is working the voters.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    One has to wonder if Rand waited for him to go full bore neo-con before springing his own trap.

Or maybe Romney is playing poker like Reagan did, in order to appease both his Jewish donors as well as keeping the Iranians honest. The Soviets privately thought Reagan was a madman during the Cold War, but actually he was just as frightened of a nuclear exchange as the Soviets. It should also be noted that Romney's father changed his opinion on the effectiveness of the Vietnam War. Romney is very much of an enigma and doesn't fit the neocon mold like someone like a John McCain or others. It will interesting to see his actual foreign policy decisions going forward in the event he becomes POTUS.
    Sorry, but nope. Willard's father was a big government Rockefeller-Republican and he has never given me any reason to think that he didn't fall very far from that tree. He has spent half his life trying to become President and he will say anything and do anything, to make that dream come true.

He isn't a neocon, but that doesn't mean he's not a globalist. There is more than one flavor of traitor running around in our government.

That said, I'm not worried about Rand. He's grounded in good solid principles and he knows what he's doing. There is a reason why his family has said he is the most intelligent one in the family.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 10-10-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Laura Ingraham is one of the few AM right wingers that I can stand. She's not that bad (compared to the rest).

She has a good following and this message hitting those ears helps.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I heard Ingram on her show a couple weeks ago (maybe more recent, can't remember) saying that republicans need to let go of the Bush foreign policy. I was glad to hear someone say that, its in the right direction, but I got pretty upset that no one said that on radio while Ron was still in the primary.

Laura Ingraham is not to be trusted any more than Sean Hannity.

Last edited by anaconda; 10-12-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Laura Ingraham is not to be trusted any more than Sean Hannity.
    Nope she's not as bad as Hannity. She's been criticizing Romney over the last few weeks on several issues. To do such a thing only hurts Romney at such a crucial point in the election. Hannity is a party parrot that would never do that. Sure she's been wrong many times before but she isn't as bad as Hannity.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Nope she's not as bad as Hannity. She's been criticizing Romney over the last few weeks on several issues. To do such a thing only hurts Romney at such a crucial point in the election. Hannity is a party parrot that would never do that. Sure she's been wrong many times before but she isn't as bad as Hannity.
    They're all in the same boat though. They get their scripts, they read them, and they live in protected bubble worlds with call screeners to make sure a legitimate discussion is rarely had.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    She thought George W. Bush was a god. Listen to how mean-spirited and condescending she was with Ron in the interview in post #18. I want to like her but she just doesn't pass the smell test. BTW the interview in post #18 is my vote for best RP interview ever. He's on a total roll.

I think what we are witnessing is the winds of change stirring in the GOP and they sense that Rand will be a key player. The media is starting to shift so that they don't get left in the dirt and so that they don't burn bridges with Rand for future access. Ingraham is a shameless follower/opportunist.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-13-2012 at 05:19 AM.

She thought George W. Bush was a god. Listen to how mean-spirited and condescending she was with Ron in the interview in post #18. I want to like her but she just doesn't pass the smell test. BTW the interview in post #18 is my vote for best RP interview ever. He's on a total roll.
    This is what I was getting from her attitude when introducing Rand, like an unenthusiastic, "Here's this guy, not that I care, but let's do this because my script has changed...once again. Again, it could be how she always is, perhaps she just needs to drink more coffee, or get more sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by coffeewithgames View Post
    This is what I was getting from her attitude when introducing Rand, like an unenthusiastic, "Here's this guy, not that I care, but let's do this because my script has changed...once again. Again, it could be how she always is, perhaps she just needs to drink more coffee, or get more sleep?
    She did mention in that segment that she was "under the weather."

She did mention in that segment that she was "under the weather."
    Maybe she is always "under the weather" then? LOL, I just don't listen to her often/ever (just clips like the ones provided), and she usually sounds like what the two clips here do if she's talking to somebody she doesn't like, or a subject she doesn't apparently like.
    Last edited by coffeewithgames; 10-13-2012 at 09:34 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She's still better than Hannity. There's a reason why Ron went on her show many times during the primaries and did not go on Hannity at all. If Rand runs in 2016 I think you will find her to be more of an ally than the other right wing talkers. I listen to a lot of radio and she is not as bad as the others.

The rationalizations that some people come up with to justify supporting Romney continue to bewilder me... this particular example is actually a quite impressive display of cognitive dissonance,

as HB would say, "I am impress"
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Huckster has been sounding more antiwar lately too, discussing foreign policy w/ The Judge recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS-UaqFF1kA

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Huckster has been sounding more antiwar lately too, discussing foreign policy w/ The Judge recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS-UaqFF1kA
    Huckabee, the man who will lie straight into the camera. All these people are jokes. Do not forget what they have done. They are dishonest. They are following a script.

I think we need to legitimately listen to these people when they talk about less war and see if they continue to take those positions. After all, if we're trying to take over the Republican party and change the mainstrream thinking of it, we're going to make a lot of people flip-floppers aren't we??

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    I think we need to legitimately listen to these people when they talk about less war and see if they continue to take those positions. After all, if we're trying to take over the Republican party and change the mainstrream thinking of it, we're going to make a lot of people flip-floppers aren't we??
    It's whatever mantra is politically expedient at the moment. Just because the imperialists are not "at war" for a couple of years in no way means that the military contractors or "security services" contractors are not still raking in billions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast