Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul Is Launching A Brutal Ad Campaign To Destroy Democrats Over Foreign Aid

Smile Rand Paul Is Launching A Brutal Ad Campaign To Destroy Democrats Over Foreign Aid

there's already a couple threads on this but I like the headline for this article, and it additionally states Rand will be expanding the campaign to 2 other senate races in Ohio and Missouri.

Rand Paul Is Launching A Brutal Ad Campaign To Destroy Democrats Over Foreign Aid

Grace Wyler
    October 9, 2012

Senator Rand Paul is taking his mission to cut U.S. foreign aid to the voters this week with a series of campaign ads that target Senate Democrats who voted against his amendment to block U.S. aid to Pakistan, Egypt, and Libya.

The Kentucky Republican's political action committee, RAND PAC, went up with the first two ads this week, targeting West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin and Florida Senator Bill Nelson, two Democrats facing re-election challenges this November.

A Paul political operative told Business Insider Tuesday that another ad is planned to go up against Senator Sherrod Brown in Ohio by Thursday, and one will likely go up against Claire McCaskill in Missouri sometime next week.

Regardless of the intent, the ad blitz is an aggressive move by Paul, a first-term Senator who is just starting to exercise his endorsement muscle. While it is not unusual for elected officials to support candidates through their leadership PACs, it is rare for a sitting Senator to level such harsh attacks against his colleagues.

read more:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/rand-...ks-ads-2012-10

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand knows how to fight and he's really starting to make a name for himself and our wing of the party. Rube got nothing on Rand.

I guess there won't be any Rand-Manchin or Rand-Nelson bill in our future.

he's not attacking the republicans who vote for this same stuff? the ads almost sound saber-rattling

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    he's not attacking the republicans who vote for this same stuff? the ads almost sound saber-rattling
    that would be a really bad move to run the ad against Republicans, the whole Republican Party would turn against him for helping Democrats to get elected and gain seats in the senate. most Democrats support foreign aid anyways - in fact not one Democrat voted for Rand's bill, all 10 of the yea's were Republican. all of the Republicans being helped by these ads are candidates that support Rand's stance on foreign aid.

Oh trust me, they see this and it worries them because they know if their people get angry about Dems voting this way, they are very possibly next on the chopping block. It'll change their minds on some things. I've heard that Lindsey Graham's head is exploding over this already, although that's an unconfirmed report.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Oh trust me, they see this and it worries them because they know if their people get angry about Dems voting this way, they are very possibly next on the chopping block.
    This was my first thought and it brought a smile to my face.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Oh trust me, they see this and it worries them because they know if their people get angry about Dems voting this way, they are very possibly next on the chopping block. It'll change their minds on some things. I've heard that Lindsey Graham's head is exploding over this already, although that's an unconfirmed report.
    I think its brilliant. What a masterstroke!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Give em hell Rand!
    I am the spoon.

What abour foreign aid to Israel?
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Aren't the Republicans equally complicit?

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    Rand is against foreign aid to Israel. This particular amendment addressed foreign aid to Pakistan, Libya, and Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    almost as much, but see post #5.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    that would be a really bad move to run the ad against Republicans, the whole Republican Party would turn against him for helping Democrats to get elected and gain seats in the senate. most Democrats support foreign aid anyways - in fact not one Democrat voted for Rand's bill, all 10 of the yea's were Republican. all of the Republicans being helped by these ads are candidates that support Rand's stance on foreign aid.
    This is cool. It must be a bummer knowing that if you vote against a fellow Senator's bill that you'll get ads run against you! Conversely, that the Senator that sponsored the bill in question will help you get reelected!

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    Well, as Lindsey Graham pointed out, cutting aid to Eqypt would require them to also look at aid to Israel, since it is part of a treaty to commit equal amount to both....

Yes, but at least there were still a few who supported the bill, including the candidates he endorsed in these races. This is a very aggressive move....I'm kinda surprised. But Republicans very much need more seats in the senate, so there is a little bit of honey with this as well since he is targeting Democrats (and Obama) and helping with the overall goal to get more Republican seats.
    Last edited by July; 10-10-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Rand is a player on Team Red who can only attack Team Blue to keep his spot on the roster. *yawn*

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd argue that this is likely a "One step at a time" approach. I'm supremely confidant Rand knows the GOP is complicit. But 1st.

Attack Democrats. Build credibility with people in the GOP. Strengthen your conservative credibility, while still holding true to your principles. Let the hammer fall on people in the GOP when they don't do the same thing.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Rand is a player on Team Red who can only attack Team Blue to keep his spot on the roster. *yawn*
    It is a great strategy by Rand ... and not just to keep his spot on the roster, but to expose the truth of 'bipartisanship'. Right now both Red & Blue teams are funding al-Queda in Egypt, Libya, and Pakistan. Most people don't know that because TV and radio is not telling them. I called my Senators and ask them not to fund the enemy, but they are both Democrats and voted for it anyway.

Yet, most people still believe there is significant difference between the Red team and Blue team. Rand going after the Blue team for funding the enemy will gain the support of Red team voters. The Red team politicians who voted to fund al-Queda will stop funding the enemy or face horrible scrutiny.

If I were a republican I'd probably masturbate to this ad.

Of course, I'm not a republican and using phrases like 'radical islam' make me cringe a bit and think back to the Bush years, but I guess it would have taken too much air-time to really explain the truth as to why the Arab world is protesting and burning our flags.

Ah well. Rand is playing the game, let's hope it works to elect people who understand the principles behind why we should oppose foreign aid, rather than just help a bunch of people into office who oppose foreign aid simply because democrats overwhelmingly support it. Red-team vs. blue-team Rah rah blah blah blah.

EDIT: I guess it's up to Ron Paul supporters in West Virgninia to make sure this opportunity isn't squandered. Anyone promising? Let's get started looking for candidates now and add them to the 2012 senate strategy thread.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-10-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Yeah, running ads attacking Republicans would really be an awesome political move! He'd get so far with that!

.......jesus. C'mon, man.

He should launch such a Brutal Ad Campaign To Destroy FISA.

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    It is a great strategy by Rand ... and not just to keep his spot on the roster, but to expose the truth of 'bipartisanship'. Right now both Red & Blue teams are funding al-Queda in Egypt, Libya, and Pakistan. Most people don't know that because TV and radio is not telling them. I called my Senators and ask them not to fund the enemy, but they are both Democrats and voted for it anyway.

Yet, most people still believe there is significant difference between the Red team and Blue team. Rand going after the Blue team for funding the enemy will gain the support of Red team voters. The Red team politicians who voted to fund al-Queda will stop funding the enemy or face horrible scrutiny.

Excellent post, my friend. This is exactly true.

As mentioned in the article, the real surpising part is that a junior senator would be doing this and having the ability to do it. Go Rand!

"Our Founders envisioned an America in which citizens would bully the government, not the other way around. This book is my effort to bring that America back."
    --Rand Paul

sublime.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So everyone is saying this was Rand that ran this, but the video says it was a PAC that is not endorsed by the candidate or the candidates committee. So who's video is this exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    If I were a republican I'd probably masturbate to this ad.

Of course, I'm not a republican and using phrases like 'radical islam' make me cringe a bit and think back to the Bush years, but I guess it would have taken too much air-time to really explain the truth as to why the Arab world is protesting and burning our flags.
    Agreed. I got pissed when they kept saying Radical Islam. Sounds to me like we are ramping up for some war against a major islamic nation. Possibly Iran. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon98188 View Post
    So everyone is saying this was Rand that ran this, but the video says it was a PAC that is not endorsed by the candidate or the candidates committee. So who's video is this exactly?
    What was the name of the PAC?

Candidate = Rand Paul
    Candidate's Committee = Rand Paul's re-election committee

The ad was run by RAND PAC, which is neither of the above, BUT is led by Rand. Technically, the statement that the ad was run by neither the candidate or the candidate's committee is correct but for all intents and purposes, it's Rand's ad and strategy.

Agreed. I got pissed when they kept saying Radical Islam. Sounds to me like we are ramping up for some war against a major islamic nation. Possibly Iran. >_>
    Yeah, I'm worried about creating a monster when we use such language. We need to understand the risks associated.

I don't think the GOP can be trusted to draw its own conclusions if we aren't more specific about what creates "radical islam". Lest America go rushing off to war again under a banner against 'extremism' that Rand Paul helped wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Candidate = Rand Paul
    Candidate's Committee = Rand Paul's re-election committee

The ad was run by RAND PAC, which is neither of the above, BUT is led by Rand. Technically, the statement that the ad was run by neither the candidate or the candidate's committee is correct but for all intents and purposes, it's Rand's ad and strategy.
    Ahh ok. I was under the impression that Candidates couldn't be involved with the PAC's. Thanks for explaining

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast