Thread: Pat Buchanan and (Gasp) Laura Ingraham knock Romney's neocon foreign policy

Pat Buchanan and (Gasp) Laura Ingraham knock Romney's neocon foreign policy

Pat Buchanan warns ‘the neocons are pushing’ Romney toward the ‘freedom agenda’

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/09/pa...#ixzz28qZHRmKp

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Do you want to endlessly intervene in these struggles to sort these affairs out? To put in power governments that are not only friendly to you, but are going to have values like yours? That is an impossibility in that part of the world.”

Well said. It is an impossibility in any part of the world.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

The comment section is lousy with bloodthirsty neo-Trots.
    Last edited by Lucille; 10-09-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Laura Ingram starts off well with the "consent of the governed" in regards to war, and then when she is just about to finish the best thought that has ever come out of her filthy mouth she says something along the lines, "that if the economy was in a better state, there would be more latitude from the people to wage war".

Its very, very sad.

Should have been President.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Pat gets his ideas out on major airwaves, because of how he speaks. Ingraham knows where Pat stands, and she sees where a lot of us are, and maybe being whole-hog for neoconservatism is not the right answer. I'm glad they could have a fair discussion about it.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "America is — what are we, 25 percent of the world’s economy?” Buchanan said. “You cannot be isolationist..."
    I just wish I had a better sense of what Pat's definition of "isolationist" is. Where does he see the line between non-interventionism and isolationism.
    I can't help but suspect that on that spectrum, he would draw the line much sooner than I would.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

I was part of the Buchanan brigade as an avid supporter in 96 primaries. That was the last time there was a real attempt to change the GOP.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Should have been President.
    I agree. The country would be in much better shape, morally and financially.

I voted for Pat and would do it again in a heartbeat.