Thread: Drama in the race Sen Andy Sanborn is in, his opponent...

Drama in the race NH Sen Andy Sanborn is in, his opponent...

Drama in Andy Sanborn NH Senate race. His Democratic opponent promised to help his lawyer colleagues from the inside if they donate to the campaign. I don't know, is a candidate allowed to say something like that? I guess so. This isn't good. This law firm is connected to the Shaheen family. There is a US Senator in NH that is part of the Shaheen family. Not good. Not good at all. Andy needs our help. This isn't just about getting Andy in office. It is about preventing his favor pedaling opponent from getting into office.

Check out Andy's website and help him out. http://andysanborn.com/

Sanborn Calls On Nyquist to Return Donations From Colleagues and Clients He Promised to Help “From the Inside”
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 08:23AM
    http://www.nhinsider.com/press-relea...olleagues.html

BEDFORD, NH – State Senator Andy Sanborn, candidate for re-election in the 9th District, today called on his Democratic opponent Lee Nyquist to return donations he has received from his colleagues at his law firm that he promised in an email to help “from the inside.”

“Honestly, I am shocked at Mr. Nyquist’s blatant promise to peddle influence within the state house for his colleagues and clients,” said Senator Sanborn.

“Public service is about solving problems and helping the citizens of our state, not giving special help to friends for personal gain. This is truly beyond the pale, and Mr. Nyquist has an obligation to return the donations he has received from trial lawyers to prove he is really running for the right reasons: to serve the citizens of District 9,” Sanborn concluded.

As the New Hampshire Journal reported on Thursday, Mr. Nyquist sentan email to his colleagues at the Shaheen & Gordon Law Firm earlier in the week saying he would “advocate inside the Senate for our courts, our clients and our future clients,” and asking for “substantial donations” to help him do so.
    The email also called out Andy Sanborn for supporting judicial reform and being "a stalwart Tea Party member." Read the whole email here.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 10-06-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow.

--
    edit - I put it on the front page
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-06-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Oh, hey, thanks. I didn't know you were going to do that or I would have made the post better I changed the title to add NH.

Here is the original article. I added it as a hyperlink to the press release.

DEVELOPING … Nyquist tells law pals he’s running to help “our clients and our future clients”
    By Patrick Hynes
    October 4, 2012
    http://nhjournal.com/2012/10/04/deve...uture-clients/

Here is a Bedford Patch article on it.

NH Republicans Cry Foul Over Lee Nyquist Letter
    Democrats respond in kind.
    By Ryan O'Connor
    October 5, 2012
    http://bedford-nh.patch.com/articles...nyquist-letter

Feel free to update the front page post if you want
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

BTW, here is the full letter. http://bedford-nh.patch.com/articles...nyquist-letter

Dear Friends of Civil Justice:

Election Day is now less than five weeks away. We have been running one of the strongest State Senate campaigns in state history in our effort to be elected to the District 9 seat, and become the only state senator who has spent a professional lifetime representing clients in our civil justice system. The stakes have never been higher as access to civil remedies is being impeded more and more each day the legislature is in session.

As a past president of NHAJ, a strong factor motivating my run for the Senate is my intention to be an advocate inside the Senate for our courts, our clients and our future clients. My advocacy on the inside will be crucial. I will always be a champion for the civil justice system and you can count on me.

I am in this race to win. Many of your have generously donated to our campaign at significant levels. Our opponent, Andy Sanborn, is a tort reform advocate, a co-sponsor of The Early Offer Bill, and a stalwart Tea Party member. It is imperative that we win this race and your continuing financial support is critical. Please step up for access to justice. I respectfully urge those who have not yet contributed to consider generous donations at this time. Respectfully, I urge the dozens of you who have already donated to dig deep, and make additional substantial donations at this time. You have my word that I will protect and promote the civil justice system.

Please go to our campaign website at xxxxnyquistforsenate.com/contribute to make an online contribution to the “Lee Nyquist 2012 Committee,” or mail your contribution to “Lee Nyquist 2012 Committee,” Box 3,New Boston, N.H. 03070.

Thank you for your consideration. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Lee

------------------------------------------

Lee C. Nyquist, Esquire

SHAHEEN & GORDON, P.A.

I'm going to log off, but if you want to make what you think is a better post for the front page, I can put it up in the morning. I did add NH to the heading.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Thanks. I updated the OP a little more to include a link to the whole email. I think it explains things pretty well know and has links for additional info. I'd appreciate it if you put it up in the morning

Nyquist

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Thanks. I updated the OP a little more to include a link to the whole email. I think it explains things pretty well know and has links for additional info. I'd appreciate it if you put it up in the morning
    http://www.nhteapartycoalition.org/tea has an article about NH Campaign Bloopers that has more on this guy