Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Fairy book got published in paper back

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Update: They found the door's creator!

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...202370901.html
    I bet that kid has THE best tree house ever (along with one of the best dads around.)

Tony Powell and his six-year-old son Rio have taken credit for creating the whimsical tiny front door affixed to a tree in Golden Gate Park, according to the RichmondSF blog.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Cowlesy, just watch them sue the hell out of the father and son for putting that door in the tree. I wouldn't be shocked.
    Them placing the door seems an act of nature to me. Perhaps the kind we need more of.

I hope we get a chance to see it age.

bryan you should add this to the forum's liberty store

Meatwasp passed away this morning at the age of 85.
    She was a Ron Paul supporter since 1976.
    Life is precious, always cherrish it in yourself and others and live it to the fullest.

She was my mother.

Peace.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Life is precious, always cherrish it in yourself and others and live it to the fullest.

She was my mother.

Peace.
    My condolences to you and your family, klamath.

Her life will live on with her wonderful stories.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

She was my mother.

Peace.
    I am so sorry to hear this. She was delightful and will be missed. My condolences on your loss.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

She was my mother.

Peace.
    Wow. I was wondering why the thread merge. Little pieces of this story are coming together if I'm not reading in to much.

About the Author

Marcella Horn has lived in the mystical Trinity Alps Wilderness area for more than 45 years and is still enchanted with the wild beauty of these mountains. In some of the valleys or hidden dells, it is easy to imagine that there is more around than meets the eye. Marcella's interests include flower and vegetable gardening, jewelry design and, of course, writing.

The Trinity Alps are a magical place. You guys were lucky to be able to live there. I used to go camping up there pretty regular. Once while I was camping a guy ask me where I was getting my water. I pointed to the river right in front of us. He didn't seem to thrilled with the idea and drove way down the mountain to town to get water. That still sort of tickles me.

Another short backpacking trip there I thought the end of the world came.

I had hiked a pretty far piece in. I did something pretty stupid by hiking over a ridge and worked my way down a rock slide area. Pretty dangerous but it looked good on the map.

I ended up fishing at a mountain lake right up against some of the picturesque Trinity Alp peaks. It was a nice day and the fish were biting great. I think I had my limit and was thinking of eating some so I could catch more. About that time all of the fish in the lake jumped up out of the water, made a turn and went back in. Right after that the water in the lake started to boil with turbulence. Sticks and branches that had been on the bottom water logged got stirred up and made a roll on the surface much like the trout did. It was weird.

I read later that that could have been the lake turning over. Sometimes the water on the surface of a lake cools down while the water trapped deep remains warm. It makes a condition were all the cool water and warm water can roll over. The cool surface water ends up in the bottom and the warmer lower water ends up on top. Stirred the lake up terrible

I still tried fishing for a while but the fish biting was over. I had a terrible hunger so I set up my tent and got to cooking.

While I was cooking I could see the air currents blowing over the tops of the Alps in front of me. The air coming over was cloudless but as it blew through wisp of clouds were forming above me. It looked pretty strange.

Like I said, I was hungry. I got back to eating. Usually my food would last well in to the trip and I'd pace it out. This time I scarfed out everything in sight. Later I would understand and see this often. Winter is coming and nature is calling.

Anyway with the clouds overhead and night coming I got in my sleeping bag and called it a day.

So I slept.

Woke up wondering where the morning was. I never carried a watch in those days camping and hunting. I liked to get lost in time and not know what day it was if I got lucky and didn't work at remembering to hard. Same with the day. It was kind of fun getting in to the flow of the sun coming up and setting and just play along best I could.

Went back to sleep figuring I was way off.

Woke up again still no morning. Plus there was this weird feeling hanging over me. I got a flashlight or candle and saw that the ceiling of my tent was a few inches above me. I touched it and it was heavy. ???

I got to the door and opened it to see a white world of snow. Everything I could see was covered as if with some sort of magic. Snowing while I'm camping always gets me excited. Partly the danger I guess. Sometimes when it happens I love it but I freak out and drive down the mountains to safety. Once I'm there the magic in it calls me back and I turn around and head back up. Back and forth like a toddler at the beach playing in the waves.

Anyway I was camped out a far piece from my car this time. And it was still night. I cleared my tent roof off and tried to settle back down despite the magic of the little ball of world I was in.

I waited...

and I waited...

still no morning.

I had been guessing nightfall and morning for a long time and never saw it like this. It got real creepy. Morning seemed hours and hours over due...

and still I waited. I don't remember if I ever got to sleep again but I do remember thinking it was like the end of the world. Morning had to be way over due. I couldn't figure how that could happen.

Anyway a day or two later it seemed morning did come. I think what happened was when the clouds were shooting over the peaks and forming above me it made it seem like night had come but it must have still been day time. Just dark daytime. Then the clouds and the snow made morning appear late and had me freaking out.

It was the fun kind of freaking out. Snow coming while your camping can be a trip. Exciting. I ended up making a starvation hike of a few hours back to my car to escape being snowed in permanent. By the time I made it back the snow was melting fast and I got down the mountains safely. I've read about people getting snowed in and they can't get their cars out to something like July in the Sierra's. So far I've been lucky. Knock on wood.

klamath,

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. It sounds like she raise you in a great place and a place with great people.

She was my mother.

Peace.
    So sorry to hear that it's so hard losing someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Great story Carson. Stay safe. When I was on the local mountain rescue team we rescued a 19 year old couple that went snow camping and didn't expect 4 feet of snow in one night. It took us 7 hours packing a 5 mile trail to where they were. Even with snow shoes we were sinking 2 feet into the snow. Great feeling though as we truly saved those young lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Wow. I was wondering why the thread merge. Little pieces of this story are coming together if I'm not reading in to much.

About the Author

Marcella Horn has lived in the mystical Trinity Alps Wilderness area for more than 45 years and is still enchanted with the wild beauty of these mountains. In some of the valleys or hidden dells, it is easy to imagine that there is more around than meets the eye. Marcella's interests include flower and vegetable gardening, jewelry design and, of course, writing.

The Trinity Alps are a magical place. You guys were lucky to be able to live there. I used to go camping up there pretty regular. Once while I was camping a guy ask me where I was getting my water. I pointed to the river right in front of us. He didn't seem to thrilled with the idea and drove way down the mountain to town to get water. That still sort of tickles me.

Another short backpacking trip there I thought the end of the world came.

I had hiked a pretty far piece in. I did something pretty stupid by hiking over a ridge and worked my way down a rock slide area. Pretty dangerous but it looked good on the map.

I ended up fishing at a mountain lake right up against some of the picturesque Trinity Alp peaks. It was a nice day and the fish were biting great. I think I had my limit and was thinking of eating some so I could catch more. About that time all of the fish in the lake jumped up out of the water, made a turn and went back in. Right after that the water in the lake started to boil with turbulence. Sticks and branches that had been on the bottom water logged got stirred up and made a roll on the surface much like the trout did. It was weird.

I read later that that could have been the lake turning over. Sometimes the water on the surface of a lake cools down while the water trapped deep remains warm. It makes a condition were all the cool water and warm water can roll over. The cool surface water ends up in the bottom and the warmer lower water ends up on top. Stirred the lake up terrible

I still tried fishing for a while but the fish biting was over. I had a terrible hunger so I set up my tent and got to cooking.

While I was cooking I could see the air currents blowing over the tops of the Alps in front of me. The air coming over was cloudless but as it blew through wisp of clouds were forming above me. It looked pretty strange.

Like I said, I was hungry. I got back to eating. Usually my food would last well in to the trip and I'd pace it out. This time I scarfed out everything in sight. Later I would understand and see this often. Winter is coming and nature is calling.

Anyway with the clouds overhead and night coming I got in my sleeping bag and called it a day.

So I slept.

Woke up wondering where the morning was. I never carried a watch in those days camping and hunting. I liked to get lost in time and not know what day it was if I got lucky and didn't work at remembering to hard. Same with the day. It was kind of fun getting in to the flow of the sun coming up and setting and just play along best I could.

Went back to sleep figuring I was way off.

Woke up again still no morning. Plus there was this weird feeling hanging over me. I got a flashlight or candle and saw that the ceiling of my tent was a few inches above me. I touched it and it was heavy. ???

I got to the door and opened it to see a white world of snow. Everything I could see was covered as if with some sort of magic. Snowing while I'm camping always gets me excited. Partly the danger I guess. Sometimes when it happens I love it but I freak out and drive down the mountains to safety. Once I'm there the magic in it calls me back and I turn around and head back up. Back and forth like a toddler at the beach playing in the waves.

Anyway I was camped out a far piece from my car this time. And it was still night. I cleared my tent roof off and tried to settle back down despite the magic of the little ball of world I was in.

I waited...

and I waited...

still no morning.

I had been guessing nightfall and morning for a long time and never saw it like this. It got real creepy. Morning seemed hours and hours over due...

and still I waited. I don't remember if I ever got to sleep again but I do remember thinking it was like the end of the world. Morning had to be way over due. I couldn't figure how that could happen.

Anyway a day or two later it seemed morning did come. I think what happened was when the clouds were shooting over the peaks and forming above me it made it seem like night had come but it must have still been day time. Just dark daytime. Then the clouds and the snow made morning appear late and had me freaking out.

It was the fun kind of freaking out. Snow coming while your camping can be a trip. Exciting. I ended up making a starvation hike of a few hours back to my car to escape being snowed in permanent. By the time I made it back the snow was melting fast and I got down the mountains safely. I've read about people getting snowed in and they can't get their cars out to something like July in the Sierra's. So far I've been lucky. Knock on wood.

klamath,

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. It sounds like she raise you in a great place and a place with great people.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Congratulations! I just ordered it.
    I knew we had ordered a copy.

Have to take it out and read it to the grandkids.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-11-2014 at 08:42 PM.

When I started reading this thread a few minutes ago, I thought how nice, she answers comments. Then I got to the end and sobbed.
    The world is such a sad place of late. Did she ever finish the 2nd book? Be blessed with wonderful memories, Klamath.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinnuhana View Post
    When I started reading this thread a few minutes ago, I thought how nice, she answers comments. Then I got to the end and sobbed.
    The world is such a sad place of late. Did she ever finish the 2nd book? Be blessed with wonderful memories, Klamath.
    Yes she got the second book done just 2 months before she died and her 85th birthday.
    And memories I have as she was a wonderful mother to have growing up.

Terrible news. I never interacted with meatwasp much, but always thought to myself what a wonderful person she must be. My condolences, klamath. May she rest in peace.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123