Thread: 2016: A Hispanic Liberty Democrat could win

2016: A Hispanic Liberty Democrat could win

Obama lost the debate, and probably the election

so Romney Ryan will be the GOP ticket in 2016

but the Dems are wide open, and there will be no GOP primaries

there will be a black, Hillary and others in a crowded Dem field.

a Hispanic anti-war candidate would get the Hispanic vote plus the anti-war vote, and the Hispanic vote will exceed the black vote

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post

a Hispanic anti-war candidate would get the Hispanic vote plus the anti-war vote, and the Hispanic vote will exceed the black vote
    There is not a facepalm strong enough.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Gtfo!
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

If Obama loses re-election, there will be no more black Democrat nominees in the lifetime of anyone here. He is a disaster for them - not just externally, but also with regards to internal party unity - and if the GOP were not in total disarray itself we would see an easy clean sweep of all three branches of government.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 10-04-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: broken image

I guess there are people who really believe both parties are exactly the sane.

A "liberty candidate" wouldn't win a democratic primary for dog-catcher. In today's democratic party, a liberty candidate would probably lose a primary even if running unopposed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMintConservative View Post

A "liberty candidate" wouldn't win a democratic primary for dog-catcher. In today's democratic party, a liberty candidate would probably lose a primary even if running unopposed.
    Uh.. a liberty dem actually won his primary this very year.

Obama is going to win in 2012 -- he has done nothing but kiss the corporations ass since he's come into office.

/thread

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Uh.. a liberty dem actually won his primary this very year.
    Haha, the guy from Tennessee?

Fair enough. Of course, it was an accident because he was first name on the ballot and he was quickly disavowed by the Democrat party.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMintConservative View Post

Liberty candidates win primaries for the New Hampshire State House again and again. They have been winning such primaries since at least 2006 in New Hampshire. Sometimes they even run unopposed in the primary, which happened to 2 of them this year.

As for a higher office, some people say the Democratic nominee for US Senate in TN is pro-liberty.

That said, the OP was being ridiculous, IMO.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Obama isn't going to lose the election.

Pretty sure we've moved past the shock and awe of minority candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

I did this:

Yeah....you must be drunk to write this OP.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

In total numbers yes, but not in electoral significance. There are hardly any white Democrats in the South anymore so blacks control all those states when it comes to the Democratic Primary. California still has tons of white Democrats. Hillary would be competitive there. Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, and maybe Nevada are the only states your hypothetical "Hispanic" candidate would have a huge advantage in, and that just doesn't amount to much. Also, why are you assuming he'd be anti-war just because he's "Hispanic"? If a Democratic Hispanic runs for President, wouldn't it be more likely he'd favor Neocon foreign policy just like every other Presidential candidate not named Ron Paul?