Thread: Ted Cruz Supports Rand Paul's Amendment...Sadler would not!

Ted Cruz Supports Rand Paul's Amendment...Sadler would not!

Foreign aid

Sadler said the United States should continue to help out with foreign aid to countries such as Egypt. "If we don't stay involved in those governments, then Russia, China and other countries in this world will be," he said.

Cruz disagreed, saying the United States shouldn't be helping countries with interests different than those in the United States. "I think we should be using that aid as extensive leverage to protect our national interests," Cruz said. "I don't think we should be writing a blank check."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10...#storylink=cpy
    Sadler...another vote for Harry Reid, John Kerry, liberals, and RINOs.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sadler said the United States should continue to help out with foreign aid to countries such as Egypt. "If we don't stay involved in those governments, then Russia, China and other countries in this world will be," he said.
    Good. Let them be hated and terrorized for a while. It's a win / win!
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-03-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Democrats always claim to be the "non-interventionist types"...they never live up to this claim!

Cruz can't be trusted.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    Cruz can't be trusted.
    Very little evidence of that. Ted Cruz will not be perfect (as much as I hope he will be close to it), but I have provided several evidence of how good a candidate he is:

How many candidates has Rep. Paul endorsed??? How many candidates will freely speak against foreign aid? How many candidates will oppose the NDAA and the Patriot Act openly? How many candidates will oppose the debt ceiling increase? Ted Cruz is an awesome candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    Democrats always claim to be the "non-interventionist types"...
    They do?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    Very little evidence of that. Ted Cruz will not be perfect (as much as I hope he will be close to it), but I have provided several evidence of how good a candidate he is:

How many candidates has Rep. Paul endorsed??? How many candidates will freely speak against foreign aid? How many candidates will oppose the NDAA and the Patriot Act openly? How many candidates will oppose the debt ceiling increase? Ted Cruz is an awesome candidate.
    And even if he isn't awesome, he's clearly MUCH better than the average Washington politician. He's a step in the right direction, not the end of the journey.

Cruz can't be trusted.

This statement means nothing. He's a politician not named Amash or Paul. Of course he can't be trusted. But he's on the right side on several important issues, which means he's on the right side on several more important issues than almost everyone else in Washington.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is he on the right side on the single most important issue which is the expansion, support and promotion of the American Empire? I will grant he may be better than most on other things of value. But if he is not at least nominally opposed to the imperial project why should someone who views that as the all encompassing issue vote for or support him?

Cruz can't be trusted.
    This mentality will get us nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    And even if he isn't awesome, he's clearly MUCH better than the average Washington politician. He's a step in the right direction, not the end of the journey.
    Yeah, he seems like a big step up from Hutchinson at least. You can always primary him if he sucks that bad on his next re-election.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    Yeah, he seems like a big step up from Hutchinson at least. You can always primary him if he sucks that bad on his next re-election.
    I think Cruz will fit in somewhere between Demint and Mike Lee on the liberty scale. That would make him clearly one of the better Senators we got.

Cruz can't be trusted.
    Hmmm, my mind keep telling me about his wife who is a VP for Goldman Sachs.

If Texans wanted a real liberty candidate they would go with John Jay.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Good. Let them be hated and terrorized for a while. It's a win / win!
    LOL no kidding!