Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Delaware becomes 1st state to officially outlaw spanking

Delaware becomes 1st state to officially outlaw spanking

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/del...-to-discipline

It seems the bill makes a criminal out of anyone who causes a child pain. I guess doctors and nurses who give shots to all these kid should be nervous.,
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see. So, letting the toddler to young to understand play with electrical outlets is better for the toddler than surprising the toddler with a light swat to the diaper. I'd have never guessed that, myself.

Are there no parents at all in the Delaware state legislature?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Stephan Molyneux approves.....errr...wait...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

No football I guess.

Why don't we just dress the kids up in bras and tin-foil hats. They can toss a balloon back and forth, while complementing each other and hugging. Sounds great.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Only a matter of time before you see this legislation proposed on a federal level.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    No football I guess.

Why don't we just dress the kids up in bras and tin-foil hats. They can toss a balloon back and forth, while complementing each other and hugging. Sounds great.
    Which state banned hugging on school grounds? Or was that just a school district?

DE age of consent is 18, that's fairly rare and high as states go. It used to be 21. Imagine being a college student in DE... This is not too surprising, as DE has a long history of making laws "to protect the children".

-t

IR cameras linked in to the local Fusion Center, are to be mounted in every home with minor children, to monitor for compliance.

It's coming.

And nobody $#@!ing cares.

USA's future is screwed. More and more kids feel self-entitled and are empowered by the liberals... Taking power out of "grown-ups".

Spanking exists for thousands of years and humans turned out fine.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    IR cameras linked in to the local Fusion Center, are to be mounted in every home with minor children, to monitor for compliance.

It's coming.

And nobody $#@!ing cares.
    Please define "minor children"....

-t

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    and humans turned out fine.
    I beg to differ.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Please define "minor children"....

-t
    12yo to 21 yo - varies by state...

-t

Why doesn't the state just take all new born children and raise them how they please? Damn, now I'm giving them ideas.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

As long as us adults are free to spank away on each other - I have no problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Lapre View Post
    As long as us adults are free to spank away on each other - I have no problem with this.

Screw the roses - send me the thorns! - It's a book..

-t

OH YEAH! - $#@! THE STATE!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by Don Lapre View Post

Well,it does take a Village.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How does spanking fit into the Non-Aggression Principal? Spanking is not self-defence, it's the initiation of force.

Are we teaching our kids the Non-Aggression Principal or the all-mighty "do as I say, not as I do" principal?
    Last edited by AlexAmore; 09-29-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    How does spanking fit into the Non-Aggression Principal? Spanking is not self-defence, it's the initiation of force.

Are we teaching our kids the Non-Aggression Principal or the all-mighty "do as I say, not as I do" principal?
    I'm not a subscriber to this "Non-Aggression" philosophy, so don't include me in the we you speak of.

Just wondering, how many kids do you have?

Stopping spanking = good

Passing law to do so = bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'm not a subscriber to this "Non-Aggression" philosophy, so don't include me in the we you speak of.

Just wondering, how many kids do you have?
    Lol you don't have to quote Non-Aggression Principal like I just pulled it out of my ass. The Non-Aggression Principal IS Libertarianism, it's the foundational philosophy for all things Libertarian. If you don't subscribe to it, then you're not a Libertarian. If that's the case, I wasn't talking to you in my previous post.

Here's the wiki on it, so you can catch up.

How many kids do I have? Are you implying that if I have no kids then I'm not qualified to discuss this? That's an Ad Hominem. Here's an Ad Hominem example: Perhaps you spank because you lack communication skills (e.g Ad Hominem attacks).
    -----------------

To Feeding the Abscess. I believe the Non-Aggression Principal SHOULD be law.
    Last edited by AlexAmore; 09-29-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Lol you don't have to quote Non-Aggression Principal like I just pulled it out of my ass. The Non-Aggression Principal IS Libertarianism, it's the foundational philosophy for all things Libertarian. If you don't subscribe to it, then you're not a Libertarian. If that's the case, I wasn't talking to you in my previous post.

How many kids do I have? Are you implying that if I have no kids then I'm not qualified to discuss this? That's an Ad Hominem. Here's an Ad Hominem example: Perhaps you spank because you lack communication skills (e.g Ad Hominem attacks).
    -----------------

Our differences are semantic. Under our current monopoly law system, there's no way I'd support legislation restricting spanking. Under a free market law system, I'd probably be okay with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Geeze, defensive much?

I'm not a libertarian either so any attempt to pigeon-hole me isn't going to work..

I don't need to "catch-up" as you put it, I've actually lived life for over 50 years, often in ways you can't imagine.

I'm guessing, (because you didn't actually answer) that you don't have kids?

It's really a shame that you would advocate for any more laws. You've been a member here for quite a while, hasn't it registered that politicians passing new legislation is a really large part of the mess our country is in?

Have a nice day.

-----------------

Delaware Becomes First State in Nation to Outlaw Child Spanking

Last month, Gov. Jack Markell signed Senate Bill 234 into law, making Delaware the first state in the nation to effectively make it illegal for parents to use corporal discipline on their children.

The bill was opposed by several organizations, including the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA), which worked with the Delaware Home Education Association and the Delaware Family Policy Council in a failed bid to defeat the legislation earlier this year.

The legislation - sponsored by state Senate Majority Leader Patricia M. Blevins, a Senator representing Delaware’s 7th District -- alters the state’s current child abuse and neglect laws by changing the definition of “physical injury” on Delaware’s existing statutes.

Under the legislation, a “physical injury” is described as the intentional infliction of “pain or impairment of physical condition” on a child. Under the new law, child abuse is categorized as a separate crime in Delaware, whereas child abuse cases before the law was enacted were prosecuted using the same statutes that pertain to adult victims.

The new legislation creates three new categories of child abuse. Parents that intentionally inflict “a physical injury” on a young person under the age of 18 are now guilty of class A misdemeanors, which may subject offenders to a one-year prison sentence. Those that are found guilty of intentionally or recklessly injuring a child who is under the age of 4 or has “significant” developmental disabilities -- considered class G felonies within the state -- may find themselves imprisoned for two years.

“The statute also expands the state of mind necessary for certain offenses against children allowing for more effective prosecution of parents who subject their children to abuse by others and fail to protect their children,” the law reads.

“These new statutes combine current statues and redefine physical injury and serious physical injury to reflect the medical realities of pain and impairment suffered by children,” the law reads.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Spanking actually does curb behaviors that are inappropriate.
    [Jeremy] zach is a typical racist from WV
    [CaseyJones] zach is hiding the fact that he is reptilian
    In 2012, 3rd party chatrooms will take over RPF Main Chat:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...69&postcount=1

Many here might want to move just for this law.

I'm not one of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    Spanking actually does curb behaviors that are inappropriate.
    And it does it pdq.

While I usually snicker at the whole concept of the non-aggression principle, I find it especially hilarious to apply it to dealing with toddlers. Those little demons will eat you alive.

There are only two ways to persuade people. Logic and force. 2 year olds don't comprehend logic.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    While I usually snicker at the whole concept of the non-aggression principle, I find it especially hilarious to apply it to dealing with toddlers. Those little demons will eat you alive.

There are only two ways to persuade people. Logic and force. 2 year olds don't comprehend logic.
    dang. too bad ron paul didn't know that.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast