Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Villere Elected RNC Vice Chairman‏

yes this. Thanks Cap

This+++++

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    \

If you want to see one of our own as vice chair then it will require people running for committee seats in their own locale. If none of us run, then expect to continue to see people we do not agree with maintain power.

A simple majority in your county and you are sending one of our own to the state committee. A simple majority at the state committee and we are sending one of our own to the RNC. A simple majority in the RNC and one of our own is the national chair.

It only takes a relatively small number of liberty activists running for committee seats in their own hometown and we can control the entire leadership in a few years.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Nah. That would upset our alliances. You catch more flies with honey, remember? If we stand side by side with this guy then he will come around to the Liberty Movement.
    What's the point of catching flies exactly? The end objective is the same right? These flies are apparently gluttons, and have stolen all the honey from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    I'm not speaking for anyone else, but I don't want anyone being a vice chair of any political party.
    I hear you, and believe me, I don't either.

Unfortunately, the world doesn't operate in accordance with what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    If you want to see one of our own as vice chair then it will require people running for committee seats in their own locale. If none of us run, then expect to continue to see people we do not agree with maintain power.

A simple majority in your county and you are sending one of our own to the state committee. A simple majority at the state committee and we are sending one of our own to the RNC. A simple majority in the RNC and one of our own is the national chair.

It only takes a relatively small number of liberty activists running for committee seats in their own hometown and we can control the entire leadership in a few years.
    Exactly. And in a surprising number of instances, winning these seats requires nothing more than simply filing for the position (in the case of uncontested open seats).

The results for last month's elections in my own county serve as a perfect example of this: Ron Paul Crowd Gains Boone County Clout

Supporters of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul will have a major voice in Boone County Republican Party affairs for the next two years after taking 13 of 33 seats on the county central committee.

The "Ron Paul Republicans" contested 11 of 13 committee seats on Tuesday's ballot, winning seven. One of their losses was by one vote, as Boone County Republican Party Chairman Bruce Cornett defeated Greg Engel 396-395 for the Columbia Fifth Ward committeeman seat. David Clark took 259 votes in the three-way contest.

[...]

Supporters of the Texas congressman's small-government philosophy also took six seats where they were unopposed.
    Three words here: Low. Hanging. Fruit. (Hell, in this case, some of it was just laying on the ground, waiting to be picked up!)

Quote Originally Posted by coffeewithgames View Post
    What have we accomplished? It's an honest question. I mean, they have shown they will change/ignore their own rules, so what exactly have we gained or accomplished?
    What have we gained?

We've gained control of the Minnesota & Iowa state parties (& some others as well) and established significant footholds in several others (Maine, for example). Those are very significant gains, especially when you compare them to where we were four years ago. And there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why those gains can't continue apace - unless we give up or surrender to the idea that it just isn't possible or that there's just no point. But the insistence that it can't be done is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

What have we accomplished?

Well, if by "accomplishment" you mean delivering a well-deserved comeuppance to GOP muckety-mucks like Rinse Prickus [sic - I can never remember how to spell that bastard's name], then we haven't accomplished anything at all - yet. So what? The only way we can come at the SOBs at the top is from the bottom. And that's going to take time and effort. It won't happen overnight and it won't be easy. And, in the end, it might not even be successful - at least in terms of knocking Their Lordships off their lofty pedestals.

But in terms of getting liberty candidates like Justin Amash elected to Congress - or people like RPFs very own Glen "GunnyFreedom" Bradley elected to state legislatures - the GOP insurgency strategy will yield far greater results than anything else we can do.

There are other critical endeavors that are necessary & extremely important, like education, promotion, waking people up, etc. And they who give a higher priority to those things - or who simply cannot bear the thought of climbing into the GOP snake-pit - should pursue those avenues of action with all due vigor. But if achieving & maintaining electoral success is at the top of your list of liberty movement priorities, the insurge-the-GOP strategy - as distasteful as it is - is the only viable option with any chance of success.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    OK, we really NEED to bring a lawsuit now. He DIRECTED those private security when they injured duly elected officials without cause. This is obscene. They are all being rewarded.
    I'm all for it, as long as it is an excellent attorney.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The title might sound great but the position is merely an administrative position that handles party functions between meetings and/or throwing the convention party. He was already on the RNC executive committee w/ fellow Louisianan Ruth Ulrich as the RNC Vice Chair for the southern region.

Just put together a brilliant plan of action. it is on Villere. You are my new obsession.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Just put together a brilliant plan of action. it is on Villere. You are my new obsession.
    I love it, sight unseen.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

just excited. it came to me today... it is beautiful. i can't believe i hadn't thought of it before.
    epiphany may be appropriate.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

just excited. it came to me today... it is beautiful. i can't believe i hadn't thought of it before.
    epiphany may be appropriate.
    If there are tasks we can help with, let us know. Maybe we should come up with a codename for it.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

If there are tasks we can help with, let us know. Maybe we should come up with a codename for it.
    Operation "sans lube"
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

people in louisiana, pm me. know someone in louisiana who is a lover of liberty? get them in touch with me. that is what everyone can do.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Operation "sans lube"
    I like the way you think.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like the way you think.
    LOL!

at least I'm going to copy this into the Louisiana forum so people there who subscribed to the forum will get emails.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123