Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the patriarchy

the patriarchy

i was reading throught the Victoria Secret thread and generally found the sentiment to be rather male-dominated. Do any of you read/think about the patriarchy, or feminist issues in general? Because I think there is ample evidence on the street of a globally orchestrated corporate war on women (and also men- indeed there are many fronts!)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see that genitals have much to do with liberty one way or the other.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

You mean man-child dominated ;-). Can you provide examples of this corporate war on women you see?

There seem to be those who like to pit men against women, and vise versa, for political interests yes.

I feel the modern feminist movement has become self destructive in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mundane View Post
    You mean man-child dominated ;-)...
    Nothing re: Victoria Secret should be taken too seriously, IMO.
    There is room for some harmless fun and diversity in a large movement, or do you want us all to be boring Mundanes?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Nothing re: Victoria Secret should be taken too seriously, IMO.
    There is room for some harmless fun and diversity in a large movement, or do you want us all to be boring Mundanes?
    It's boring to me because I work with fake boobs all day long, every day in photoshop. Want a job?

I don't see that genitals have much to do with liberty one way or the other.
    that's dumb. I bet that you do, but the Liberty movement in general grows from teenaged male kinda angst, so part of the Liberty narrative is to just pretend there are no gender issues.

Certainly sex/gender have to do with the flavor and conditions of our confinement.

Can you provide examples of this corporate war on women you see?
    bratz dollz
    child beauty pageants
    snooki
    Pink-wear

There seem to be those who like to pit men against women, and vise versa, for political interests yes.
    yes so what do you think of this dimension of american politics?

I feel the modern feminist movement has become self destructive in a lot of ways.
    duh

but what does that have to do with the principles and scholarship and points that ideally, animate such a movement? I am not speaking about "movements" or organizations or leaders- there is no one good one on earth- all are rotten with corruption and lay at the feet at the altar of tyranny.

I really mean to address gender/sex stereotypes and values as they relate to the Liberty movement. I am willing to wager that a great many of you are the, "My sister better never have sex" school of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Perfidy View Post
    that's dumb. I bet that you do, but the Liberty movement in general grows from teenaged male kinda angst, so part of the Liberty narrative is to just pretend there are no gender issues.

Certainly sex/gender have to do with the flavor and conditions of our confinement.

bratz dollz
    child beauty pageants
    snooki
    Pink-wear

yes so what do you think of this dimension of american politics?

duh

but what does that have to do with the principles and scholarship and points that ideally, animate such a movement? I am not speaking about "movements" or organizations or leaders- there is no one good one on earth- all are rotten with corruption and lay at the feet at the altar of tyranny.

I really mean to address gender/sex stereotypes and values as they relate to the Liberty movement. I am willing to wager that a great many of you are the, "My sister better never have sex" school of thought.
    Okay. You're right.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't think outside the box.

People here tend to dislike it, and before you know it you're a feminazi.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

There is no corporate war against women.

There is a sociopath war against non-sociopaths. There are men and women on BOTH sides of this ledger.

CERTAIN advertizers target the insecurities of BOTH men and woman and then offer solutions to the angst.

Certain political movements actively aim to remove power from men to 1) demoralize them 2) have the State replace men as the father 3) disarm the capability of the non sociopathic men from fighting back (like or not, men are better fighters then women).

Any "war" waged agaisnt women from a corporate stand point is easily equated by the legal war against men to remove the man as one of the pillars of a strong family.

As a generalization, albeit a faily accurate one, inmy view - advertizers target woman to get them to shop their insecurities away and laws are written to target men and legally beat them into submission.

The sociopaths are VERY good are discovery what makes people/groups tick.

Sociopaths vs the rest.

Allow yourself to be artificially divided, at your own peril.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Don't think outside the box.

People here tend to dislike it, and before you know it you're a feminazi.
    Admit you miss Eduardo.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    óCharles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

There is no corporate war against women.

There is a sociopath war against non-sociopaths.
    that is true, but there is also a gravitational war against light- so what? The war to end man as a psychologically and biologically autonomous species of conscious individuals is partitioned and specialized into compartments- one offensive is launched against the female psyche; it has its own intelligence (pharmaceutical company research, neurological scans, advertising data-mining, prisoner experiments, celebrity-agent studies, etc), and operations are carried out acting on this information.

haha, quick example-

I worked with a young woman who was pregnant in the course of her employment, and she was telling me about how she was sad at the idea of 10 months of pregnancy. So I said..."9 though, right?"

"No the Dr. said it's 10 now."

Certain political movements actively aim to remove power from men
    Yeah, but they are typically rich white men at the middle of it

to 1) demoralize them 2) have the State replace men as the father 3) disarm the capability of the non sociopathic men from fighting back
    Do you believe that it has a tactical motivation? I think that it is more basic than that; failing, limp-dicked gray-hairs probably ALWAYS got their parting shots against the ascendent virility, and assuredly always conspired to keep their wretched old fingers clutching to fresh young brides. I think it's just about emasculating rival penises. They probably tell themselves reasons like you imagine though.

(like or not, men are better fighters then women).
    well, i would concede that men are genetically less valuable and more appropriate as risk-fodder casualties as a reflection of this, and theorize that to optimize our ability to be this function, we have many a bio-chemical mechanism meant to revel in the sense of lethal combat and danger.

Any "war" waged agaisnt women from a corporate stand point is easily equated by the legal war against men to remove the man as one of the pillars of a strong family.
    hahah any war on women is really a plot to get to her husband? hahahaha

As a generalization, albeit a faily accurate one, inmy view - advertizers target woman to get them to shop their insecurities away and laws are written to target men and legally beat them into submission.
    I think that you need to get out more and speak with the women- then you would think that women wrote the laws to threaten their husband with a bigger scarier dick.

on a probably related note:

what's with the fascist gladiator dike helmet haircut on women? It seems to me when I go among the people that every household that watches CSI or other 4th Reich cop drama TV produces at least one such woman. The Napolitano kinda look, except with literal gladiator spikes, kinda like a helmet Russel Crowe wore.

The 'patriarchy' is made up trash. No doubt that is why it is taught in government schools. Gotta turn the women against the men and reinforce the need for the state

see everyone that is arguing thusly seems to presume that a woman has a rightful place (that these women are messing up, but the posters know what's right for them) and this rightful place seems assuredly to be with a man.

Is woman's natural alignment not against man? haha, I have never experienced anything other than contary opposition to my man-will from woman.

see everyone that is arguing thusly seems to presume that a woman has a rightful place (that these women are messing up, but the posters know what's right for them) and this rightful place seems assuredly to be with a man.

Is woman's natural alignment not against man? haha, I have never experienced anything other than contary opposition to my man-will from woman.
    No I don't think so, the genders aren't inherently or naturally at odds, just because they may have differences. It's not about following anyone's man-will, or being anyone's property... but just voluntary and mutual exchange and benefit between individuals.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, and therefore what are your opinions on the great many institutions and structures, worm-eaten with rot though they may be, that support and legitimize the economic and political systems that create the public paradigm about femininity?

What the $#@! is going on in people's minds, for example, that there are school girls walking around with their asses saying PINK?

Can you admit that women and men are different and are not completely equal in nature? For example I'm not burdened with carrying a child but a woman, if she chooses to procreate, is. This is the main reason chivalry and "roles" exist. Some feel it is natural. These roles don't have to exist but for that to be the norm, human extinction could be the outcome.

I'm all for equal treatment under the law etc.

But I don't necessarily think that marketing Bratz dolls and pink clothes is any worse than marketing GI Joes etc. People naturally and voluntarily buy these products. Some people buy them for the opposite sex than they are marketed to.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    But I don't necessarily think that marketing Bratz dolls and pink clothes is any worse than marketing GI Joes etc. People naturally and voluntarily buy these products. Some people buy them for the opposite sex than they are marketed to.
    Agreed. Focusing on 'the patriarchy' is missing the big picture and playing right into the hands of the establishment. Men and women need to come together and realize they're both getting screwed equally by the people who run the country. This patriarchy $#@! is promoted within the government school system because it divides people.

Yes, and therefore what are your opinions on the great many institutions and structures, worm-eaten with rot though they may be, that support and legitimize the economic and political systems that create the public paradigm about femininity?
    It's pretty dysfunctional. Though, I'm not quite sure what in particular you take issue with the liberty philosophy, or in what way you feel we are promoting these paradigms?

What the $#@! is going on in people's minds, for example, that there are school girls walking around with their asses saying PINK?
    Profit, it sells. People are lacking in self esteem and respect for others. You can call it a corporatist war on women, or a state war on men, or whatever. But really I think it is just basically a war on liberty-- a war on individual liberties and property. Our culture doesn't teach individual self ownership, or voluntary association, and I think that helps contribute to a culture where corporatists are perfectly okay with exploiting little girls for profit, and government bureaucrats are perfectly fine making laws and regulations that discriminate unequally against little boys, etc.

So yeah, it's not that gender issues are ignored. I think I just tend to see these issues as part of the bigger picture (of liberty), and effecting both genders. I don't view "women's rights" or "men's rights" as being separate and distinct categories of liberties or rights, so I don't talk about them that way. So yes, there is gender conflict. I think there are better ways to address it. I'm not uptopian though...I don't think gender conflict is just going to just go away, not now or ever. But I do think we create a lot more problems and inflame conflict when the state tries to artificially control and micromanage society...whether they are doing it on behalf of state power or on behalf of corporate special interests, it is the same result.

Lol...maybe you experience opposition because you have an unpleasant view of women (judging by your posts in this thread).
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Lol...maybe you experience opposition because you have an unpleasant view of women (judging by your posts in this thread).
    Just living up to his screen name.

per∑fi∑dy    /ˈpɜrfɪdi/ [pur-fi-dee]
    noun, plural per∑fi∑dies.

1. deliberate breach of faith or trust; faithlessness; treachery: perfidy that goes unpunished.

2. an act or instance of faithlessness or treachery.

It's a bright choice of name. The smart forum members figure everyone is forewarned he's a troll, so we let our guard down, and those who don't know what the word means still don't know he's a troll.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-27-2012 at 07:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Just living up to his screen name.

per∑fi∑dy    /ˈpɜrfɪdi/ [pur-fi-dee]
    noun, plural per∑fi∑dies.

1. deliberate breach of faith or trust; faithlessness; treachery: perfidy that goes unpunished.

2. an act or instance of faithlessness or treachery.

It's a bright choice of name. The smart forum members figure everyone is forewarned he's a troll, so we let our guard down, and those who don't know what the word means still don't know he's a troll.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

i was reading throught the Victoria Secret thread and generally found the sentiment to be rather male-dominated. Do any of you read/think about the patriarchy, or feminist issues in general? Because I think there is ample evidence on the street of a globally orchestrated corporate war on women (and also men- indeed there are many fronts!)
    Oh please. The war on women is real? Really?

And I suppose we delicate little flowers need a big strong government to protect us?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    that is true, but there is also a gravitational war against light- so what? The war to end man as a psychologically and biologically autonomous species of conscious individuals is partitioned and specialized into compartments- one offensive is launched against the female psyche; it has its own intelligence (pharmaceutical company research, neurological scans, advertising data-mining, prisoner experiments, celebrity-agent studies, etc), and operations are carried out acting on this information.

haha, quick example-

I worked with a young woman who was pregnant in the course of her employment, and she was telling me about how she was sad at the idea of 10 months of pregnancy. So I said..."9 though, right?"

"No the Dr. said it's 10 now." .
    It's 10 lunar months, 9 calendar months. Who's the stupid one now?

All I can say is that there is no patriarchy in our house.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    And I suppose we delicate little flowers need a big strong government to protect us?
    How else are you going to pay for your birth control?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo Shrimp View Post
    How else are you going to pay for your birth control?
    I'll have my man buy it for me, silly!

The phrase used by the OP - "globally orchestrated corporate war on women" - is designed to inflame and divide people. While it is probably true that some "classes" of people have suffered more than others under the corruption and tyranny that rules most of the world, attempts to single them out and make an issue of it are almost always either intentionally or at least inadvertently divisive. And divisiveness is probably the worst enemy of the liberty movement. Freedom brings us together. Factionalism keeps us in chains.

"Men versus women" is fertile ground for sowing the seeds of factionalism. Just like rich versus poor, old versus young, brown versus white, Christian versus Muslim, urban versus rural, and on and on. Keeping the people divided into factions arguing among themselves is job #1 for those who wish to maintain the status quo.

There is probably value in some people putting some thought into how to better spread the message of liberty among people with differing viewpoints and interests. In this context it may be fruitful for people who have a basis to know what they are talking about (meaning not me and not most of the guys posting on this thread) to work on ways to bring the message of liberty to women more effectively in the future. Not because they are bigger victims than men but because ALL people deserve to be free.

All together, folks.

I think that you are all just reacting pavlov style to a word that you associate with Leftism- maybe if I try this instead:

who has women in their lives? What have you noticed exists on mainstream structures (the corporation, the media, motherfuckin Disney) to attack their sense of value, to undermine their faith in themselves, or to reduce them to mindless label-trophies? How do you counter this influence?

I do not understand how this is not an issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast