Off duty cop assaults motorist for sassing him. Then motorist is arrested.

Off-duty cop called me ‘terrorist,’ beat me: lawsuit

An Arab man claims that an off-duty NYPD cop called him a “terrorist” and stomped on his groin during an ugly parking-lot dispute in Queens, according to a Brooklyn federal lawsuit.

Gamal Abdelaziz, 57, says he was waiting for his wife to emerge from a Fresh Meadows supermarket in September 2012 when he was honked at by Officer Milko Mejia from behind, according to court papers.

Abdelaziz claims that he moved his car to get out of the way but that Mejia pulled up next to him and said, “You f—– a–hole!” according to the complaint.

The Egyptian-born man cursed back at him and began driving toward the front of the store, according to the suit.

But Mejia got out of his car and approached Abdelaziz to tell him that he was a cop.
Abdelaziz told Mejia — whose son was in his car — that his “badge didn’t give him the right to curse at plaintiff” before the officer demanded to see his keys and license, according to the filing.

When Abdelaziz asked for his badge number, Mejia “brutally kicked plaintiff in the testicles, and then repeatedly struck plaintiff in the face, causing plaintiff to fall to the ground, where the beating continued,” according to court papers.

Arriving officers arrested Abdelaziz at the scene because he “purportedly ‘argued with a sergeant,’ ” the suit says.

The case against him was sealed after he entered a non-criminal disposition, according to the suit.
He is suing for civil-rights violations. His lawyer, Brett Klein did not return a call for comment.
The NYPD did not immediately comment and the city Law Department said it would review the case.
http://nypost.com/2013/12/23/off-dut...at-me-lawsuit/