Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Abuse

Off duty cop assaults motorist for sassing him. Then motorist is arrested.

Off-duty cop called me ‘terrorist,’ beat me: lawsuit

An Arab man claims that an off-duty NYPD cop called him a “terrorist” and stomped on his groin during an ugly parking-lot dispute in Queens, according to a Brooklyn federal lawsuit.

Gamal Abdelaziz, 57, says he was waiting for his wife to emerge from a Fresh Meadows supermarket in September 2012 when he was honked at by Officer Milko Mejia from behind, according to court papers.

Abdelaziz claims that he moved his car to get out of the way but that Mejia pulled up next to him and said, “You f—– a–hole!” according to the complaint.

The Egyptian-born man cursed back at him and began driving toward the front of the store, according to the suit.

But Mejia got out of his car and approached Abdelaziz to tell him that he was a cop.
    Abdelaziz told Mejia — whose son was in his car — that his “badge didn’t give him the right to curse at plaintiff” before the officer demanded to see his keys and license, according to the filing.

When Abdelaziz asked for his badge number, Mejia “brutally kicked plaintiff in the testicles, and then repeatedly struck plaintiff in the face, causing plaintiff to fall to the ground, where the beating continued,” according to court papers.

Arriving officers arrested Abdelaziz at the scene because he “purportedly ‘argued with a sergeant,’ ” the suit says.

The case against him was sealed after he entered a non-criminal disposition, according to the suit.
    He is suing for civil-rights violations. His lawyer, Brett Klein did not return a call for comment.
    The NYPD did not immediately comment and the city Law Department said it would review the case.
    http://nypost.com/2013/12/23/off-dut...at-me-lawsuit/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Prosecutors: Chicago Cop Shoved Elderly Gas Station Customer

– A veteran Chicago Police officer is accused of shoving an elderly gas station customer in Oak Lawn, leaving the 89-year-old man with a broken hip, Cook County prosecutors said Saturday, the Sun-Times is reporting.

David Barrett allegedly became upset on Dec. 12 when a pump began malfunctioning at a Shell gas station, near 105th Street and Cicero, and went inside to complain.

The victim, who was in line in front of the 58-year-old Barrett, asked him to calm down, prosecutors said. Barrett reacted by pushing the senior citizen in the chest with his hands, causing him to fall, prosecutors said.

The elderly man broke his right hip from the fall and required surgery, prosecutors said. He also tore his right rotator cuff as a result of the tumble.

Barrett’s attorney Stuart Goldberg told Cook County Judge James Brown that his client has been a Chicago Police officer for 31 years. Barrett also served in the Illinois National Guard for six years, Goldberg said.

The defense attorney said the arrest was overblown: “This case is not about a battery. It is about how Oak lawn police treat a Chicago police officer.”

Barrett is currently assigned to the First Deputy Superintendent’s Office.
    Brown ordered Barrett held in lieu of $10,000 bail for two counts of aggravated battery.
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/12/...tion-customer/

Family disputes patient's arrest: 'It ruined Christmas for everybody'

By Erica Nochlin, KATU News Published: Dec 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM PST Last Updated: Dec 27, 2013 at 1:14 AM PST

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Famil...237426961.html

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A local family is disputing an arrest that put their loved one in jail on Christmas.

They admit Jimmy Joe Brown, 50, shoved his wife while he was a patient at Oregon Health and Science University, but they say his medical condition caused his aggressive behavior.

"This is not domestic violence on any scale, not even close," his son Tommy Brown said. "It’s not my dad who did that; that was the delirium."

Jimmy Joe Brown’s wife, Susan, has medical documentation to show doctors diagnosed him with delirium, which doctors said they see "frequently" in the hospital. Delirium can cause irritable and aggressive behavior.

Susan Brown said she’s never felt afraid of her husband, and even his doctors reassured her about his temporary change in behavior.

"They gave me a hug and said, ‘You have to remember this is not Jim, don’t take it personally,'" she said.

Jimmy Joe Brown does not have a criminal history. His doctors agreed he was getting better and could go home for the holiday.

"Christmas was the only day he knew it was Christmas, and it was December, and it was 2013," Susan said. "I thought, ‘I'm going to get my Jim back.'"

Instead, OHSU Public Safety officers arrested him when he was discharged from the hospital. OHSU wouldn’t comment about the case or whether officers consulted his doctors, but the hospital sent the following statement:

"OHSU police officers are required to enforce state laws in order to keep our patients and visitors safe at all times… Oregon state law mandates that when a peace officer has probable cause to believe an assault has occurred between family members, the officer is required to arrest and take into custody the alleged assailant."

The Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office decided Thursday not to press charges. Jimmy Joe Brown was released from jail Thursday night.

"It did a lot of damage," Susan said through tears. "It ruined Christmas for everybody."

LA-14 year old prisoner "consented" to be raped by guard.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    http://www.salon.com/2013/08/07/loui...tions_officer/

A Louisiana parish is arguing that it should not be held liable for the rape of a 14-year-old girl in a juvenile detention center because the victim “consented” to be sexually assaulted by a 40-year-old corrections officer at the facility.

The victim, now 20, filed a civil lawsuit against her assailant, former guard Angelo Vickers, as well as Terrebonne Parish.

The age of consent in Louisiana is 17, but court documents allege that “Vickers could not have engaged in sexual relations within the walls of the detention center with [the victim] without cooperation from her. Vickers did not use force, violence or intimidation when engaging in sexual relations.”

In a comment on the case to the Tri-Parish Times, an anonymous official also remarked that the 14-year-old should share the blame for her assault, saying: “These girls in the detention center are not Little Miss Muffin.”

Attorneys for the young woman — supported by victim rights advocates — argue that consent is not possible in this case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Carolyn McNabb, an area attorney and child advocate, is one among many local voices harshly criticizing the parish’s victim-blaming: “To say that a 14-year-old mentally and emotionally distressed girl with a history of having been abused and neglected as a child should be found at fault for consenting to be raped by a male guard while in confinement at the hands of my local government, which is charged with the responsibility of keeping her safe, not only sets the cause of children’s advocacy back a hundred years, but I believe the parish government commits ‘documentary’ sexual assault against the child by taking this position in a public record,” she remarked in a letter to parish attorneys.

Marci Hamilton, a sex crime victim advocate and professor at Benjamin Cardozo Law School in New York, also criticized the parish’s defense, arguing that it “has no basis in law,” adding, “she is a victim of statutory rape. The age of consent in Louisiana is 17. The defense is also offensive to sex assault victims everywhere.”

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Prison guards are usually bigger thugs than the inmates themselves.

NM-"Move a little to the right, I'd like to splatter your brains on the wall.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-the-floor-%94

"We don't have time for this!" announces Hero Cop as he executes 18 y/o - 90 pound kid by shooting him in the back.

UPDATE: Family says officers shot and killed son

http://www.wect.com/story/24367610/o...g-spring-lakes

BOILING SPRING LAKES, NC (WECT) - Emergency crews are on the scene of an officer involved shooting at a home in Boiling Spring Lakes.

The State Bureau of Investigation has been called to the incident at the request of District Attorney Jon David, according to a spokesperson for the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office. She said sheriff's deputies were assisting BSL police with the initial response to a home on President Drive.

At the scene, Mark Wilsey said officers shot his son.

Wilsey said his family called the police to help with his schizophrenic son Keith Vidal who had a screwdriver in his hand. Officers tased the son then shot him, according to Wilsey.

Wilsey said officers came into their home after they called for backup help when Vidal was having a schizophrenic incident. Wilsey said officers had his son down on the ground after the teen was tased a few times and an officer said, "we don't have time for this", and shot in between the officers holding the teen down and killed him.

"There was no reason to shoot this kid," Wilsey said. "They killed my son in cold blood. We called for help and they killed my son."

The family said police shot Vidal because he had a screwdriver in his hand. They said it was a tiny screwdriver that would not have hurt anyone.

Both parents said they had to watch their son die in front of them. They said Vidal had just turned 18 years old and only weighed 90 pounds.

Vidal's mother, also at the scene, said she could not understand what happened.

"Where is the justice, why did they shoot my son?," she asked. "This is what's wrong with our mental health system."

The family said they recently lost their daughter in a car accident and this is the second child they will have to bury.

Neighbors on the scene told WECT that Vidal played with their children and he never was violent. They said he had a history of depression and schizophrenia, but he was never harmful to others.

Vidal's mother said she had tried multiple times to get Keith help for his mental illness. Emergency services treated her for a breakdown at the scene.

Details from officers on the scene are limited at this time, so stay with this story for the latest updates.

Slightly off topic. Point of Irony.

Govt wants you to have more Security. Yet the most heavily guarded prisons are called Maximum Security.

See where all this Security is leading us?
    Last edited by DamianTV; 01-06-2014 at 05:32 AM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Handcuffed woman falls out of moving police car while being sexually assaulted by cop.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ally-assaulted

SWAT America

By Radley Balko

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/o.../swat-america/

The Shasta County SWAT Team searches the area around a home on Topaz Court in Redding, Calif., on Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2014, after chasing robbery suspects to the home. (AP Photo/The Record Searchlight,Andreas Fuhrmann )
    AP Photo/The Record Searchlight,Andreas Fuhrmann

In response to yesterday’s post on the drug war, a commenter left the following story:

10 years ago while my family was having dinner at my parents house here in Florida.

The local federal drug task force dressed in black and wearing masks kicked in the doors an traumatized my entire family. Including chasing my 9 yo daughter through the house with a 9 mm as she ran for her life and having my entire family including elderly parents lie on the ground with guns held inches from our heads.

Why ? Because my pothead 18 yo nephew, who had been staying at my mothers house, car was spotted at a drug house on two occasions. Which a local judge thought was enough probable cause to issue a no knock search warrant. No evidence of drugs were found although they claimed that the sandwich bags they took from the kitchen drawer on their way out of the house could have been used for selling drugs.

After contacting several lawyers we found this was common and there was nothing we could legaly do because it was a legal search.

For the record we are white professionals and the house was worth almost a million dollars and had been paid for for years. Which one lawyer suggested may have been the real reason for the raid.

That was the day the police quit being the good guys.

In covering police militarization for about the last 10 years, I hear these stories fairly often. They are of course anecdotes, left in comments threads, emailed to me or told to me in person. So I hear one side. I’m sure some are exaggerated. Possibly some are made up entirely. But I doubt all or even most of them are. What I find striking is that (a) they’re usually told to me by white, upper middle class people, and (b) they’re usually tales of raids that were never covered by any media outlet.

What this suggests to me is that for every mistaken or botched raid you hear or read about in the news, there’s probably a subset of raids that are never reported. (It’s worth noting that this raid probably wouldn’t even be considered botched — the guy the police were looking for did live at the address.) Inevitably, the person relaying the story will say they were too frightened or traumatized to go the media or hire an attorney. That, or they feared repercussions if they did.

But again, these are almost always white people, of middle class status or wealthier. That isn’t the demographic usually targeted by these raids. The more targeted demographic is of course lower income people, disproportionately black or Latino. Those would also be groups of people even less likely to report one of these incidents, and less likely to have access to an attorney, or to a platform to talk about what happened to them.

There are about 50,000 of these raids per year. In Maryland, the only state that keeps track of how these teams are used, about half those raids are for what the FBI calls “misdemeanors and non-serious felonies.” Which is to say, low-level drug crimes. That 50,000 figure is from 2005, and it’s a conservative estimate from criminologist Peter Kraska. And it only includes SWAT teams, not the drug task forces, narcotics units and other police teams that serve warrants by kicking down doors.

A spokesperson for the police department in St. Louis County, Mo.. recently told a local TV station that every felony search warrant is now served with the SWAT team, regardless of the crime. Last month, Texas Dep. Adam Sowders was killed during a pre-dawn, door-busting raid over some pot plants. He’s far from the first. In many of these cases, the suspects have claimed—plausibly—that they had no idea the men breaking into their homes were police.

The country is shifting in its opinion on the prohibition of pot. What hasn’t yet changed is the violent, confrontational, militarized way we still enforce the laws that keep pot illegal.

■Nye County, Nevada: A sheriff’s sergeant was arrested after deputies there say he took prescription drugs from an elderly woman’s home. Colleagues grew suspicious when he insisted on logging a bottle of morphine pills into evidence, according to the Nye County sheriff’s office. When narcotics officers counted the pills after he’d logged them in, 60 were missing. http://ow.ly/t7FHu
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

This is a continuation of post #378 where I attempted to do some follow ups on Police Abuse posts...

Post # 44. The beating death of Jesse Lee Williams by prison gaurd.

Follow-up: Jailer Ryan Teel sentenced to life. No word of any diciplinary action against any other jailers.

http://www.wlox.com/story/7298144/fo...life-in-prison

Post #48 Police grenade burns sleeping girl as SWAT team raids Billings home

Follow-up: Nothing I can find. I would have at least thought a law suit for damages would be in the works.

Post # 49. Officer discharge of firearm in Narcotics Task Force.

Follow-up: Jackie Trussell, former commander of the Jackson County Narcotics Task Force, pleaded guilty Monday to misdemeanor simple assault and received a six-month suspended sentence and a $250 fine.

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi..._force_co.html

Post # 50: Utah trooper making false DUI arrests.

Follow-up: Trooper Lisa Steed fired. No other action. Lawsuits against UHP proceeding.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56...court.html.csp

Post # 51: “Officer” Michael Vagnini of Milwaukee Police Department was charged with 25 counts including 14 Felonies for allegedly illegally strip searching and sodomizing multiple victims.

Follow-up: Guilty plea nets two years. As part of a plea deal accepted earlier this year, he admitted his guilt on four felony and four misdemeanor charges, earning 26 months in jail. The sexual assault charge was voided by the deal, allowing Vagnini to avoid having to register as a sex offender.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/29/ju...#ixzz2tUjyxRE8

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/29/ju...spects-anuses/

Post #55: Police pummel man in in Jewish synagogue's youth center.

Follow-up: Charges against beaten man dropped. Civil lawsuit filed.

http://crownheights.info/communal-ma...inst-the-nypd/

Post # 57: Trooper sniper shoots at vehicle from helicopter killing two.

Follow-up: Trooper not indicted. Policy changed.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep...oting-20130912

That's it for today.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Family Says Moore Police Beat Father To Death

http://www.news9.com/story/24735856/...ather-to-death

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 7:55 PM EST Updated: Feb 15, 2014 7:55 PM EST
    By Chris McKinnon, News 9 - bio | email

MOORE, Oklahoma -

Three Moore Police officers were put on administrative leave while detective investigate an in-custody death from overnight. The family of the man who died said police beat him badly and they recorded it with a cell phone camera.

Nair Rodriguez and her daughter Lunahi told News 9 they got into an argument at the Warren Theater around midnight. Nair said she slapped her daughter then stormed away. Her husband, Luis, chased after her. That was when the family said officers confronted Luis Rodriguez and asked to see his identification.

According to Lunahi and Nair, he tried to bypass the officers to stop his wife from driving off because she was so angry. They said officers took him down and it escalated.

Lunahi Rodriguez said that five officers beat her father to death right in front of her, in the parking lot of the movie theater.

"When they flipped him over you could see all the blood on his face, it was, he was disfigured, you couldn't recognize him."

By the time it was all over, Nair Rodriguez said that she knew her husband was dead.

"I saw him. His [motionless] body when people carry it to the stretcher," she explained. "I knew that he was dead."

Nair says her husband was only trying to defuse the fight she was having with her daughter. She said when police asked her about it she told them what happened.

"I told them I hit her and he was just trying to reach me. Why didn't they arrest me?"

Lunahi added, "My mom was taking a video and asking, ‘What are they doing this for? Why?' And they didn't give really an explanation."

Rodriguez told News 9 that police took her phone with the recording on it. Another family member provided News 9 with an audio recording she said was taken when that happened. The family hoped Luis would pull through, so they waited for news at the hospital.

"Two hours passed. They finally called her up to say, 'Oh you could see him,' but it turned out it was a lie. They moved his body elsewhere," said Lunahi.

The family told News 9 they would hire an attorney.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-16-2014 at 03:33 PM.

A few more continued from post # 432.

Post # 60: Parents call police over suicidal teen. Police sniper shoots and kills son.

Follow-up: Shooting deemed S.O.P. Family sues.

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForAndrewMessina

Post# 61: Police looking for suspect. Shoot inocent mans dog he was walking.

Follow-up: Cops still investigating themselves.

http://jonathanturley.org/2012/11/05...-two-officers/

Post # 62: Cop tasers 10 yr old for refusing to wash police car.

Follow-up: Family lawsuit filed charging officer with with battery, failure to render emergency medical care, unreasonable seizure and excessive force. Apparently no charges from the local "JustUs" D.A.

http://12160.info/group/thepolicesta...oy-sues-police

Post # 65: Cops taze man having siezure.

Follow-up: Scott Sheeley filed a federal complaint last week in Austin, TX, requesting a jury trial against two police officer who shocked him with a Taser. In May, Sheeley unsuccessfully asked for a settlement of at least $1.5 million to cover the costs of medical fees, attorneys and emotional damages.

http://rt.com/usa/man-seizure-police-sheeley-049/

Post # 68: Clayton landlord arrested after discovering meth in rental home.

Follow-up. Prosecutors have dropped charges against a couple who told police they found drugs in their rental home. Family lawyer says will sue if not settled out of court.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...ugs-hom/nTJ8w/

Post # 69: Feds probe Bal Harbour Police Department over seized millions

Follow-up. No word. Feds must still be probing.

Post # 70: Ofiicer stops woman. Slams her on car so hard it ruptures breast implant.

Follow-up: Lawsuit headed to Federal Court.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/01...o-officer.html

Post # 74: Florida man describes being shot by police Taser as he sprayed fire with garden hose.

Follow-up: No word yet on lawsuit.

Post # 87: Arizona SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

Follow-up: Jose Guerena’s family gets settlement, but his killers still wear badges.

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/j...na-settlement/

Post # 92: FBI Shoots Up House of Unarmed People wounding daughter.

Follow-up: Nothing I can find regarding this case. Originally the Feds wouldn't even say what the warrant was for.

A case I just recently became aware of in which the FBI, all the way up to J. Edgar Hoover, conspired to imprison men for decades for a murder they knew the men didn't commit. Not only did they know the men did not commit the murder, they knew about the murder going to happen two days prior to it and did nothing to prevent it because of the "potential" good their informants could do if they were not imprisoned.

Then they set up a man and coerced another to testify against him.. even going so far, as actual witnesses to the crime described a balding man, to say that the innocent man they were framing, who bore a full head of hair, disguised himself as balding.

They knew the man was on trial for a murder he had not committed and discussed it in memos. They withheld evidence from the man's defense and covered up all traces of the crime for over thirty years. Words don't even describe this one.

Gov't to pay $102M for mob convictions

BOSTON (AP) — In a stinging rebuke of the FBI, a federal judge on Thursday ordered the government to pay a record judgment of nearly $102 million because agents withheld evidence that would have kept four men from spending decades in prison for a mob murder they did not commit.
    Judge Nancy Gertner told a packed courtroom that agents were trying to protect informants when they encouraged a witness to lie, then withheld evidence they knew could prove the four men were not involved in the 1965 murder of Edward "Teddy" Deegan, a small-time thug shot in an alley.

Gertner said Boston FBI agents knew mob hitman Joseph "The Animal" Barboza lied when he named Joseph Salvati, Peter Limone, Henry Tameleo and Louis Greco as Deegan's killers. She said the FBI considered the four "collateral damage" in its war against the Mafia, the bureau's top priority in the 1960s.

Tameleo and Greco died behind bars, and Salvati and Limone spent three decades in prison before they were exonerated in 2001. Salvati, Limone and the families of the other men sued the federal government for malicious prosecution.

"Do I want the money? Yes, I want my children, my grandchildren to have things I didn't have, but nothing can compensate for what they've done," said Salvati, 75.

"It's been a long time coming," said Limone, 73. "What I've been through — I hope it never happens to anyone else."

The case is only the latest to highlight the cozy relationship Boston mobsters enjoyed with FBI agents for decades. Former Boston agent John Connolly was sentenced in 2002 to 10 years in prison for his role in protecting two organized crime kingpins, including one who remains a fugitive.

Gertner said FBI agents Dennis Condon and H. Paul Rico not only withheld evidence of Barboza's lie, but told state prosecutors who were handling the Deegan murder investigation that they had checked out Barboza's story and it was true.

"The FBI's misconduct was clearly the sole cause of this conviction," the judge said.

The government had argued federal authorities had no duty to share information with state officials who prosecuted the men. Federal authorities cannot be held responsible for the results of a state prosecution, a Justice Department lawyer said.

Gertner rejected that argument.

"The government's position is, in a word, absurd," she said.

A Boston FBI spokeswoman referred calls to the Department of Justice. Charles Miller, a spokesman for the Justice Department, said officials would have no immediate comment.

Peter Neufeld, co-founder of the Innocence Project, a New York-based legal advocacy group that specializes in overturning wrongful convictions, said the $101.75 million award is the largest ever in a wrongful-conviction case.

Gertner awarded $26 million to Limone, $29 million to Salvati, $13 million to Tameleo's estate and $28 million to Greco's estate. The wives of Limone and Salvati and the estate of Tameleo's deceased wife each received slightly more than $1 million. The men's 10 children were each awarded $250,000.

Limone and Salvati stared straight ahead as the judge announced her ruling, but a gasp was heard from the area where their friends and family were sitting when Gertner said how much the government would be forced to pay.

At the time of Deegan's slaying, Tameleo and Limone were reputed leaders of the New England mob, while Greco and Salvati had minor criminal records.

Deegan's murder had gone unsolved until the FBI recruited Barboza to testify against several organized crime figures. Barboza wanted to protect a fellow FBI informant, Vincent "Jimmy" Flemmi, who was involved in the Deegan slaying, and agreed to testify for state prosecutors in the case, plaintiff's lawyers said.

Tameleo died in prison in 1985 after serving 18 years. Greco died in prison in 1995 after serving 28 years.

Salvati was sentenced to life in prison as an accessory to murder. He was released from prison when his sentence was commuted in 1997, after serving a little more than 29 years. Limone served 33 years in prison before being freed in 2001.

Salvati and Limone were exonerated in 2001 after FBI memos dating back to the Deegan case surfaced during probes into the Boston FBI's relationship with gangsters and FBI informants Stephen "The Rifleman" Flemmi, Vincent's brother, and James "Whitey" Bulger, who has been on the FBI's "10 Most Wanted" list for years.

Republican Rep. Dan Burton of Indiana, who chaired the House Government Reform Committee when it conducted an investigation of the FBI and its use of criminal informants, said he was gratified by the judge's ruling.

"This was one of the biggest injustices that I have ever seen," Burton said.

One of the agents blamed in the case, Rico, was arrested in 2003 on murder and conspiracy charges in the 1981 killing of a Tulsa, businessman. Rico died in state custody in 2004 while awaiting trial.

Attorneys for Condon did not immediately return phone messages seeking comment Thursday.

During testimony before Burton's committee in 2001, Rico denied he and his partner helped frame an innocent man for Deegan's death, but acknowledged that Salvati wrongly spent 30 years in prison for the crime.

Rico was unrepentant when asked how he felt about Salvati's wrongful imprisonment.

"What do you want, tears?" he said.

hxxp://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-07-26-wrongful-conviction_N.htm
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

//
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-17-2014 at 06:55 AM.

Possible duplicates exist (will attempt to cleanup soon...):

ATF gunwalking scandal
    Ruby Ridge
    Waco, Branch Davidian Massacre coverup
    OKC Bombshell Implicates Feds In Murrah Blast
    The Oklahoma City Bombing - Were there additional explosive charges and additional bombers?
    Remembering the Murder of Donald Scott
    Cops Break Teen’s Arm on School Bus
    “Do you want to die today?” Cop Threatens to Murder Man as 20 Officers Attack the Man’s Family
    Police Officer Who Raped Woman Calls His Prison Sentence 'An Injustice'
    Handcuffed teenager shot HIMSELF in the head in back of police car, insist North Carolina police amid outrage
    Family wants answers after man hangs himself in jail
    Cop punches woman in the face twice, department says it’s ‘defensible’
    Sheriff: Corrections officer arrested for sexual misconduct with minor
    Cop Breaks Leg of 10-Year-Old Who Filmed Him
    Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop
    Philadelphia Fires Police Officer Caught on Video Punching Woman
    Caught on Tape: Traffic stop spirals out of control in Ohio
    15 year old knocked out by cop
    Police Officer Arrests Firefighter At Accident Scene In California
    Oklahoma Highway Patrol finally releases video of trooper attack on paramedic
    Paramedic Mark Powell accused of sexually assaulting Hamden woman in back of ambulance
    Police arrest paramedic Lannie L. Haszard in ambulance sex assault
    Fresno police sergeant, 3 ex-officers not guilty in federal brutality trial
    Caught on Tape: Police Beat Homeless Man
    Fresno Calif. police drown man with garden hose after tasering and hogtying him
    Police taser 'suicidal' man as he hangs from the edge of a freeway overpass... as bystanders tell them to 'let him go'
    'Help me,' homeless man begs as cops fatally beat him in videotaped incident
    Fresno PD officer on paid leave after arsons
    George Michael Gwaltney of the CHP convicted of raping and killing a young woman near Barstow
    CHP Officer Craig Peyer Denied Parole in Cara Knott Killing
    Wrongful death case starts Against Fresno Police who Gunned Down Sammy Galvan
    Police Brutality of Artillery West CEO Micheal Fykes
    Top 10: Worst Police Beatings Caught on Tape
    COPS: Brutality Edition
    ACTUAL FOOTAGE Pastor Anderson Beaten Tased by Border Patrol DPS
    Sheriffs Deputy Dumps Paralyzed Man from Wheelchair
    77-year-old collapsed across street from DC firehouse
    Marcus Delon Wesson: Fresno Police stood outside of home while he murdered his entire imbred family of nine
    Fresno's Police Chief defends officer shooting unarmed man
    BART police officer fatally shot by fellow officer in Bay Area
    Woman killed by CHP officer
    2 LAPD officers allegedly forced sex acts on women
    video ties Tulare County Sheriff's Deputy to sex assault
    Prosecutors won't go after CHP officer accused of rape
    NYPD Officers Accused in Rape Lose Appeal
    Police officer charged with rape and incest
    Former Sacramento Police Officer Accused of Raping Elderly Woman
    Clark County Court to Patricia Doninger: YOU’RE FIRED
    SAPD officer accused of rape
    Chicago cop charged with molesting girl, and later, her daughter
    Sheriff’s Deputy Edward Lueck Arrested
    Lawsuit: Nassau County cop molested woman during DUI arrest
    Report: Vegas officer molested girl on camping trips
    Texas troopers under fire for yet another roadside strip-search
    Cops Strip Search Mom, “Forcibly” Pull Tampon Out of Her for Maybe Rolling Through Stop Sign
    Copping a Thrill: Two of Philly’s Finest Strip a Woman, Masturbate, and then Lie About It
    Traffic Stop Humiliation: Woman Ordered to “Shake out her Bra” – Cop Received ONE Day Suspension
    Former ‘Hero’ Cop Faces Rape Charges
    Trial set Monday for Davie cop accused of drugging, raping family member
    Former reserve police officer charged with drugging, raping and shaving friend
    Predator Cop Accused of Raping a Teenage Girl in the Back of His Cruiser
    Officer charged with fondling 5 girls during stop
    Ex-cop, scout leader from Fredericktown, Mo., gets life for sex crimes
    HPD officer named as suspect in 5 more attacks
    City settles in CMPD sex case involving former officer Marcus Jackson
    Former FHP trooper pleads guilty to lesser charges in sexual coercion case
    Trooper charged with sex assault
    NOPD officer found guilty of attempted rape and kidnapping
    Ex-Provo officer sentenced to 6 months in jail for fondling motorist
    San Francisco cop arrested for alleged child molestation
    San Francisco Cop Convicted for 2009 BART Shooting
    Cop fires at minivan full of kids after traffic-stop scuffle in New Mexico
    Tennessee sheriff’s deputy fired and arrested for raping woman during traffic stop
    US Border Patrol agent kills man near San Diego
    Family of man shot instead of Tasered by Madera cop gets $775,000
    Louisiana Police Handcuff Firefighter During Emergency Call
    Police Brutality: Lincoln officer avoids prison for kicking woman!
    Cop Slams Woman's Head Into Wall After She Calls Them For Help
    POLICE BRUTALITY - Cop Kicks Pregnant Woman In The Stomach For Questioning Him
    POLICE BRUTALITY - Cop Beats 17 Year Old Girl Leading To Her Miscarriage
    NYPD Police Officer: "I Fried Another Ni**er"
    Heuer pleads not guilty to sexual conduct charges
    Santa Maria police officer, facing arrest, is killed by colleague (Police suspected the officer of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl. He resisted arrest and fired his gun, police say, and a fellow officer fatally shot him.)
    Ohio sheriff facing 25 counts pleads not guilty
    100-plus criminal cases in question after LMPD officer charged with collecting $10,000 in phony overtime
    Former LA deputy sentence for Anaheim assault
    Woman sues former Ravalli County sheriff's deputy, alleges sexual abuse
    Parsippany police officer charged with DWI after crash in neighboring town
    Downingtown police officer arrested at Philadelphia strip club
    Ex-Illinois trooper who killed Collinsville sisters in crash trying to get license back
    Former Velda City police officer accused of brutality, lying to FBI
    Breaking: APD sgt involved in deadly crash to be fired
    Clackamas County to pay $1 million in Fouad Kaady shooting death
    MAN TASED BY BORED UTAH COP...AND GETS $40,000!
    Columbus Police Officer Fatally Shoots Family Dog
    Police Beat, Stun Deaf Man After Confusing Sign Language With Threatening Gestures
    Family Says Moore Police Beat Father To Death
    Son of woman killed by deputy speaks
    West Sacramento Man Sues Police For Wrongful Shooting
    Police Brutality Cop Slams Man's Head into Wall
    POLICE BRUTALITY: FOURTEEN Year Old TASERED In The FACE By POLICE!
    Cop shooter gets beat down before court appearance
    Metro Transit Police Slam Man In Wheelchair Face First Into Concrete
    Family Wins Record $10 Million Dollars When Cop Slams Innocent Man Causing Coma!
    Handcuffed North Carolina teen shot himself while in custody: police
    Handcuffed Arkansas man shot to death in the back of police car
    NYPD cops keep job after leaving teen stranded in swamp
    Family of man shot by police in Pasco, Washington demands independent autopsy
    Police: 2 Killed In Shooting Outside Hamilton Heights Deli

Police Viciously Sent Dogs To Attack A Female Student For Resisting To Answer Their Questions
    NJ man dies in custody after police beat and sic dog on him
    Retired Corrections Officer Fatally Shoots NYC Subway Rider After Argument Turns Violent
    St. Louis Police Brutally Attack The ‘Wrong’ Black Man, Then Apologize & We’re Like Oh That Makes It Ok?
    WTF: Black FAMU Student Brutally Murdered By Police After Surviving Car Crash
    Kajieme Powell: Another Black Man Shot & Killed By Police In Missouri
    Shooting Targets: Police Officers Kill Black Women Too
    Why Does This Keep Happening: New Jersey Police Shoot & Kill Black Father During Traffic Stop
    Yandy Smith: ‘Someone Needs To Watch The Police’
    Police Shoot & Kill Antonio Martin, A Black Teenager, 2 Miles From Ferguson & We Have Some Questions
    Police Dashboard Video Reveals Shooting Of Man With Hands Raised
    New Jersey Man Dies In Police Custody After Savage Beating & Police Dog Attack
    Ex-Alabama Police Officer Indicted For Assault On Indian Man
    Georgia Police Fatally Shoot Black Man Outside Of His Job
    Texas Woman Sues Police For $2 Million After They Held Her At Gunpoint In Front Of Her Kids
    Cop Charged With Rekia Boyd’s Murder Heads To Trial, Will Justice Be Served?
    Montana Police Officer Shoots & Kills A Man During A Traffic Stop & It’s The Most Disturbing Thing We’ve Ever Seen
    And Another One: Milwaukee Cop Shoots Mentally Ill Black Man 14 Times & Won’t Face Charges
    Police Dashboard Video Reveals Shooting Of Man With Hands Raised
    Mentally Ill-Man Shot & Killed In Front Of His Mother & It Was Caught On Video
    LAPD Shoot & Kill A Man, Their Brutal Fight Was Caught On Camera
    57-Year-Old Black Man Brutally Beaten & Put In Chokehold By Police, Then They Planted Cocaine In His Car
    White South Carolina Police Officer Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting Of Black Man
    South Carolina Trooper Charged For Shooting An Unarmed Man At A Gas Station
    Caught On Camera: Minneapolis Cop Threatens Black Teen During Traffic Stop

Fresno man dies after being tasered by a sheriff's deputy:

In March of 2010 a Tulare man, Robert Olivo died shortly after being shot with a Taser and handcuffed by Tulare Police.
    In January of 2007 a Fresno man, Pete Madrid died after being shot with a Taser several times by a Fresno Police officer.
    In August of 2004 a Fresno man, Michael Sanders died after being shot with a Fresno Police Taser.
    In addition to deaths there have been lawsuits. In June of 2010 an off duty Merced County Sheriff's Deputy was shot with a Taser fired by Chowchilla Police. Domingo Leyro was awarded nearly $150 thousand in damages after filing suit in Federal Court,
    The weapons work by stunning the victim with 50 thousand volts of electricity. The goal is to subdue, not kill. But statistics compiled by Amnesty International link Tasers to nearly 400 hundred deaths between 2001 and 2008.

However, not all hope is to be lost:

Pastor Anderson: How to inform LEO' to kindly go fly a kite
    Hot Girl Knows Her Rights with Police Tells Off Border Patrol Police Officers
    Police brutality and when people start fighting back
    Cop Tries to Beat People, Gets Dropkicked
    ALPHA MALE DAD takes down LAPD Officer at festival
    Police Get Owned At UC Davis
    Powerful Woman Refuses to Back Down Against LAPD (Explicit Language)
    Cop Charged With Official Oppression for Beating Entire Family & Kicking Their Dog
    Ways to Prank the Police 1
    Ways to Prank the Police 2
    Ways to prank the Police 3
    12 Year Old Boy Puts Cop in His Place
    Power Hungry Cops VS. Guy That Knows His Rights
    2 Cops vs. 1 MMA Fighter: Gracy Survial Training
    People have the right to fight back against police.

http://abc30.com/news/52-arrested-af...mafia/1380642/
    http://abc30.com/news/video-south-ca...river/1404778/
    http://abc30.com/news/fresno-police-...spect/1404047/
    http://abc30.com/news/fresno-police-...resno/1401727/
    http://abc30.com/news/secrets-to-wha...ealed/1405512/
    Last edited by Weston White; 06-29-2016 at 07:50 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

I've been to several european countries and the police by and large were much nicer and far less aggressive than here in the US.

I sometimes wonder if this is because european police don't have to deal with a particularly aggressive ethnic minority like American police.

And their dealings with this minority are what make them the way that they are.

Not that I'm trying to justify police brutality or anything...
    Last edited by DFF; 02-19-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post

Not that I'm trying to justify police brutality or anything...
    what are you trying to justify?

And I know of no "particularly aggressive ethnic minority " in this country.
    Some of the Irish may be a bit rowdy,, but those are individuals and not the whole.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    what are you trying to justify?

And I know of no "particularly aggressive ethnic minority " in this country.
    Some of the Irish may be a bit rowdy,, but those are individuals and not the whole.
    That made me LOL.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those pesky beer swilling Irish...to the paddywaggon with 'ya! lol

Last edited by DFF; 02-19-2014 at 08:37 PM.

I'll just put this here.

Police departments throughout America have been documented generally to perform badly. One major report reads:

“Police abuse remains one of the most serious and divisive human rights violations in the United States. The excessive use of force by police officers, including unjustified shootings, severe beatings, fatal chokings, and rough treatment, persists because overwhelming barriers to accountability make it possible for officers who commit human rights violations to escape due punishment and often to repeat their offenses. Police or public officials greet each new report of brutality with denials or explain that the act was an aberration, while the administrative and criminal systems that should deter these abuses by holding officers accountable instead virtually guarantee them impunity.”
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

A friend of one of our own members, railroaded by corrupt cops and prosecutors.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias Graves View Post
    Tom has been my best friend since 1979 when we met in middle school. Been through hell and back together many times over and he is one of maybe four people I trust implicitly.
    He became a truck driver after high school and spent 20 years running hot shot expedited delivery all over North America and made some good money at it. He hauled hazmat, nuclear, military and all manner of crap nobody else wanted to touch. Being in such a role, he constantly had DOT crawling up his butt and he hated it as much as anyone here.
    His life's goal was to earn enough money to retire to Mexico and go off the grid.
    In 2005, his health was failing and he feared he wouldn't be able to pass many more physicals and he came up with a plan to spend one year in Iraq hauling for KBR, so he headed for Houston in January of 06 to do just that.
    He didn't pass his physical, so he decided it was time to get out. He headed south, settled down, got married and had a son.
    In 2011, he took his wife's birth certificate, their marriage certificate and his son's birth certificate to a US consulate to begin getting them legal to come to the states for an extended visit.
    He was arrested at the consulate, told he had warrants out for him on child molestation charges. He was dragged back to the US where he learned the granddaughter of a business partner was fingering him for lewd acts with a child under 16. With the lousiest court appointed defense I've ever seen, he was convicted and sentenced to five life terms.
    While in prison, he began working his own appeals and got hold of the social worker interviews with the child and learned that she was manipulated by her grandmother into blaming him instead of her grandfather. She had originally stated in the interview that her grandfather was the perpetrator but her grandmother told her she could lose her friends, her home and her family and end up with foster parents who would beat her. This was all in the transcripts! Like a bad TV movie. The district attorney buried this information.
    Well, he won his appeal in 2013 and the convictions were vacated. The da filed the charges again because the judge threw out the convictions based on negligent defense so he was still locked up.
    Just this week, he went before the judge again where the charges were finally dismissed. This never would have happened had he not been smart enough to work his own legal stuff.
    The judge made some interesting comments at the hearing. He said he'd never been so happy to release a man from prison and overturn a decision in his career. He also stated he had never seen such flagrant prosecutorial misconduct in his life and was turning his findings over to the state bar for a formal investigation.
    While in prison, he had also filed three federal lawsuits against the county and state, which have now been taken over by a well know rabble rousing lawyer here. Looks like he may be in for a big payday.

But it I believed their lies while this was going on. Despite knowing in my heart that he wasn't capable of doing these things, they twisted the story in such a way that it was hard to refute. I had no knowledge of the evidence he had found in prison so the only story I had to go off of was what the cops told me.
    Despite my long time skepticism of the government, I fell for their lies. I feel so ashamed that I doubted my friend. He told me last night he understands and he forgives me but I don't know that I can ever forgive myself.
    One lesson learned for me is that the government isn't just untrustworthy sometimes but every time. I will never believe their lies again.
    And to my friend: I'm sorry I doubted you. Never again, brother. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Janet Reno: Dade County

ETA: Innocent victims are still imprisoned to this day, for life.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 03-08-2014 at 12:33 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I will never take the word of Prostitutors and Lieyers over someone I personally know. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    ROCKVILLE, MD — Thousands of motorists were brought to a standstill when police conducted a massive roadblock to find three crime suspects. Twelve lanes of traffic were shut down and swarms of armed government agents combed through a giant traffic jam performing warrantless vehicle-to-vehicle searches.

“They were just walking along saying: ‘Pop the trunk! Pop the trunk!’”

“Stay in your car!”

“Get your hands on the steering wheel! Get you hands up where we can see them!”

Manhunt leads to massive roadblock, warrantless car-to-car searches | Police State USA

P.S. If you want to write articles for Police State USA, please submit a writing sample to admin@policestateusa.com

The Boston Policestateathon

Thomas DiLorenzo

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...icestateathon/

Faux News just reported that there will be 3,500 police officers lining the 26-mile Boston Marathon route this year. That’s about 135 cops/mile, or one every 40 feet.

There will be hundreds of police dogs as well, with SWAT tanks on nearly every street corner.

It should be a record day for Boston criminals. Knowing that every last cop is on the marathon route, they will feel free to rape, steal, and murder at will everywhere else.

Man faces $75G a day in EPA fines for building pond -- on his property

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-his-property

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Elderly man tasered 6 times after being mistaken for his brother

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...or-his-brother

The mighty Will Grigg, ladies and gentlemen.

I knew about the "paddy rollers" but never made the link.

I learned something new and very important today.

Thanks, Will, donating.

Donate here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...e90bd72966c40c

Support Your Local Slave Patrol

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com...ve-keeper.html

Phyllis Bear, a convenience store clerk from Arizona, called the police after a customer threatened her. The disgruntled patron, seeking to purchase a money order, handed Bear several bills that were rejected by the store’s automated safe. Suspecting that the cash was counterfeit, Bear told him to come back later to speak with a manager.

The man had left by the time the cops arrived, and Bear was swamped at the register. Offended that she was serving paying customers rather than rendering proper deference to an emissary of the State, one of the officers arrested Bear for “obstructing government operations,” handcuffed her, and stuffed her in the back of his cruiser.

A few minutes later, while the officer was on the radio reporting the abduction, his small-boned captive took the opportunity to extract one of her hands from the cuffs, reach through the window, and start opening the back door from the outside. The infuriated captor yanked the door open and demanded that the victim extend her hands to be re-shackled. When Bear refused to comply, the officer reached into the back seat and ripped her from the vehicle, causing her to lose her balance and stumble into the second officer.

Bear, who had called the police in the tragically mistaken belief that they would help her, was charged with three felonies: “obstruction” – refusal to stiff-arm customers in order to attend to an impatient cop; “escape” – daring to pull her hand out of the shackles that had been placed upon her without lawful cause; and “aggravated assault” – impermissible contact with the sanctified personage of a police officer as a result of being violently dragged out of the car by the “victim’s” comrade.

The first two charges were quickly dropped. During a bench trial, the prosecution admitted that the arrest was illegal. Yet the judge ruled that Bear – who had no prior criminal history -- was guilty of “escape” and imposed one year of unsupervised probation. That conviction was upheld by the Arizona Court of Appeals, which ruled that although the arrest was unwarranted and illegal, Bear had engaged in an illegal act of “self-help” by refusing to submit to abduction with appropriate meekness.

Decades ago, when Arizona was a more civilized place, the state “followed the common-law rule that a person may resist an illegal arrest,” the court acknowledged. But that morally sound and intellectually unassailable policy was a casualty of what the court called “a trend … away from the common-law rule and toward the judicial settlement of such disputes.” Referring to the act of unlawfully seizing another human being and holding that person by force as a “dispute” is a bit like calling assault rape a “lover's quarrel.”

“Permitting an individual to resort to self-help to escape from an illegal arrest, rather than seeking a remedy through the legal system, would invite violence and endanger public safety,” pontificated the court -- carefully ignoring the fact that arrest is a violent injury, and illegal arrest is nothing more than an abduction. “The same public policy that permits a conviction for resisting arrest even if the arrest is unlawful should authorize conviction for escape despite the unlawfulness of the underlying arrest.”

Furthermore, it’s not necessary for a police officer to explain why the arrest was made; according to the court, “only the fact of [an] arrest is a necessary element” for the victim to be charged with “escape.” In an earlier case, the same court ruled that a woman who jerked her arms away from a police officer committed the supposed crime of resisting arrest.

Anything other than immediate, unconditional submission to the demands of a costumed enforcer is treated as a criminal offense – even when those demands are not valid as a matter of law.

From that perspective, all citizens are incipient slaves, subject to detention, abduction, and other abuse at the whim of uniformed slave-keepers.

A slave is somebody who cannot say “no” – as in, “No, I can’t talk to you right now because I’m on the clock and there are paying customers ahead of you.” This is because the slave doesn’t exercise self-ownership in any sense in the presence of a slave-keeper.

A slave-keeper is somebody who claims the legal right to take ownership of another person at his discretion, and use physical violence to compel submission.

This is the specific definition of the peculiar institution called “law enforcement,” as demonstrated by the following statement from the annual report of an entirely typical sheriff’s office: “A law enforcement officer’s authority and power to take away a citizen’s constitutional rights is unmatched anywhere in our society.”

The conceit that defines law enforcement is that all claims to self-ownership evaporate in the presence of a police officer. Some people have internalized that message to such an extent that they immediately assume the position of a submissive slave whenever a police officer approaches. Among them is actor and literacy activist LeVar Burton, whose breakthrough role – either ironically or appropriately, I can’t decide which -- was the fictional escaped slave Kunta Kinte.

“This is a practice I engage in every time I’m stopped by law enforcement,” explained Burton during a panel discussion on CNN. “And I taught this to my son who is now 33 as part of my duty as a father…. When I get stopped by the police, I take my hat off and my sunglasses off, I put them on a the passenger’s side, I roll down my window, I take my hands, I stick them outside the window and on the door of the driver’s side because I want that officer to be as relaxed as possible when he approaches that vehicle. And I do that because I live in America.”

Burton describes his ritual of self-abasement as his strategy for physically surviving an encounter with police. In order to avoid arrest it may be necessary to plumb further depths of personal degradation.

Dale Carson, a defense attorney, former cop, and former FBI agent, has written a revealing manual entitled Arrest-Proof Yourself. That book is replete with significant insights into the institutionalized sociopathy called police “work” – and it abounds in even more revealing advice about the kind of self-inflicted humiliation expected of Mundanes once their self-anointed slave masters appear.

In an interview with the Atlantic magazine, Carson described law enforcement as a “revenue gathering system” in which predatory officers compete to see “who can put the most people in jail.” His most emphatic advice is to avoid attracting the attention of police officers – something that is becoming nearly impossible in our Panopticon society.

In the event that avoiding the police proves to be impossible, Carson offers etiquette tips for Mundanes seeking to avoid an arrest: Make eye contact, but don't smile; don't react when (not if) the privileged thug deliberately provokes you through foul, confrontational language and calculated acts of battery; be accommodating and extravagantly respectful.

If all of these tactics prove unavailing, then Carson recommends that the Mundane surrender what residue of personal dignity remains by crying or, if possible, deploying other bodily emissions. He suggests that you could foul yourself “so that police will consider setting you free in order not to get their cruiser nasty,” urinating in your pants, or, if possible, vomiting.

Remarkably, Carson's tactics for avoiding arrest track very closely with the notorious rape prevention advice provided by the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. The college faculty, piously discouraging “violent self-help” (such as carrying and using a firearm), urged women confronting a potential rapist to “Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating” and that “Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacked to leave you alone.”

In similar fashion, Carson’s advice on avoiding arrest assumes a limitless capacity for self-denigration on the part of the Mundane. But it only applies to public encounters with police. It provides no direction for people victimized by lawless police violence in their own homes, something that is becoming commonplace.

Last May 28, 72-year old Fort Worth resident Jerry Waller was shot and killed in his garage by Officer R.A. Hoeppner.

Displaying the competence for which government law enforcement is legendary, Hoeppner and his partner, Ben Hanlon, had responded to a burglary alarm by going to the wrong address.

Hearing prowlers on his property, Waller grabbed his gun and went out to investigate. A few minutes later he was dead, shot multiple times by Hoeppner when he refused to disarm himself. A grand jury declined to indict the officer.

In describing the events of that evening, Hoeppner, a neophyte police officer from a multi-generational family of law enforcers, displayed the reflexive perplexity of a freshly-minted slave catcher confronting someone who didn't see himself as another person's property.

“His attitude toward us was very malicious – It, it was not pro-police at all,” recalled Hoeppner. Although Waller was on his own property, and the police officers were the intruders, Hoeppner described the victim’s posture as “very aggressive toward us – and I mean like almost … attitudish.” That assessment makes perfect sense once it’s understood that Hoeppner had been indoctrinated to view any non-cooperation as “aggression” because police, in some sense, own the rest of us.

After Hoeppner made the unlawful demand that the alarmed homeowner disarm himself, Waller quite sensibly asked, “Why?” This struck the cop as an act of irrational defiance:

“What person in their right man – mind would ask a peace officer – a, a law enforcement officer `why' when he tells you and gives you verbal commands.... Your law-abiding citizen is not going to tell – going to ask you, why.”

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave.” Not only did the uppity Mundane refuse to submit, he actually behaved as if he was the rightful owner of his person and property: “It was almost like he had the attitude of you – you cannot tell me what to do with my gun in my, you know, in my castle.”

Slave-keepers don’t have to ask permission to invade the servants’ quarters, and slaves have no right to protect the sanctity of their person or effects.

In his study of 18th Century slave patrols – the largely unacknowledged ancestors of today’s “professional” police agencies -- historian Philip L. Reichel points out that “patrols had full power and authority to enter any plantation and break open Negro houses or other places where slaves were suspected of keeping arms; to punish runaways or slaves found outside of their masters’ plantations without a pass; [and] to whip any slave who should affront or abuse them in the execution of their duties….”

No-knock midnight raids; gun confiscation; “stop-and-frisk”-style demands for identification that quickly escalate to violence and arrest; summary punishment for “contempt of cop” – all of these practices would be immediately recognizable to 18th century slaves. They would probably find it incomprehensible that people who consider themselves to be free would allow such practices to continue.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast