Thread: So I woke up and

So I woke up and

I heard a very loud echoing "sigh" sound in front of my face, and it was NOT me. WTF?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Chaney View Post
    Truly frightening!
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Truly frightening!
    I get that from a lot of people, especially from them truthers. I'm still beautiful on the inside.

Last edited by Bruno; 09-25-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Only half way conscious? Brain was partially stuck in dream-mode for a few seconds

At least you woke up. Not waking up may be scarier. Unless you were having a nice dream.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidK View Post
    I heard a very loud echoing "sigh" sound in front of my face, and it was NOT me. WTF?
    Good question.

My (myself), me, and I, you've already accounted for.

How about mine?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude... Last week I woke up to massive thunder. Like lightning struck my house it was so loud. and I looked out side to a clear day. Got up and my paps who was at my house at the time said he heard nothing. I was up and it was sooooo real and soooo damn loud. All I can think is that I was half dreaming or something.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Does your house have a history of paranormal phenomenon?
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

I enjoy hearing para-normal stories even though I have no beliefs in such things. I listen to every podcast these guys put out: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/category/podcasts/

They always have stories similar to the OP. I can't explain why I like to hear about it. I'm a total skeptic but for some reason I find it interesting.

When I went through a sleep-deprived couple weeks a few years ago, I would wake up to a loud whistle, like a human whistling for my attention, multiple times. Also experienced sleep-paralysis a lot. Weird and stressful experience, I try to get good sleep now.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I enjoy hearing para-normal stories even though I have no beliefs in such things. I listen to every podcast these guys put out: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/category/podcasts/

They always have stories similar to the OP. I can't explain why I like to hear about it. I'm a total skeptic but for some reason I find it interesting.
    I used to be the same way. I was a total skeptic and thought that people were just seeing or hearing things until I took a tour of an old brothel. I thought the house was very interesting in a historical sense. The house was used during prohibition and had some famous people solicit the services. At any rate, I didn't notice much other than a very cool house with a lot of history... until I went into one room. I just felt weird... I can't describe it. Not nausea or anything like that... just different. I looked down at my arms and they were covered in goosebumps and the hairs were sticking straight up. Later on, I didn't notice anything else until I went into the last room. The same thing happened, but not as pronounced.

Later on, I learned that they set up cameras and audio equipment to see what they could capture. They got several things on tape and little orbs which they were unable to debunk as dust or poor electrical box shielding. Apparently, the recordings had an intelligent answer for questions asked. I always liked to hear about other peoples' stories, but never really believed in any of it. I can't say that now. I don't know what to think about it... just something that is really cool.
    Last edited by AFPVet; 09-26-2012 at 12:45 PM.

I had a disconcerting waking dream.

As I lie there I came awake. It felt that there was an entity, one that did not have my best interest in mind, in the room with me. As I attempted to sit up I felt an enormous pressure that would not allow it and immobilized me. This went on for what seemed like several minutes and I was breaking out in a sweat fighting it. Then all of a sudden I seemed to awaken. It was like a reset and played out again. It played out over and over four times. When I finally, truly, awoke I was drenched in sweat.

Unsettling.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 09-26-2012 at 04:50 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where we live from time to time, I see revolutionary soldiers crossing my property--either in early morning or right around sunset.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

You were probably not 100% awake. You may want to google hypnopompic hallucinations.

Anyone who believes in Jesus (for example) should have no problem considering the possibility that "ghosts" exist, right?
    Why is yours "sighing?" Your ghost needs to get excited!
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

hahaha that happened to me about 2 weeks ago and I then shot alert thinking, WTF OMG GHOST!

Then I took a breath and it hit me, "oh wait duh...wife...4 inches from my face."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I wasn't had a disconcerting waking dream.

As I lie there I came awake. It felt that there was an entity, one that did not have my best interest in mind, in the room with me. As I attempted to sit up I felt an enormous pressure that would not allow it and immobilized me. This went on for what seemed like several minutes and I was breaking out in a sweat fighting it. Then all of a sudden I seemed to awaken. It was like a reset and played out again. It played out over and over four times. When I finally, truly, awoke I was drenched in sweat.

Unsettling.
    That one I've actually have had happen to me. A couple of differences and thoughts-

-When I came awake I was AWAKE. It was 2:30 a.m. or so and I was completely awake, not a groggy mess like I usually am if a dog is barking or some such thing. Being THAT awake really told me something was different. Hadn't happened before, hasn't happened since.

-I can't say the 'entity' had any ill vibes towards me, the presence -and I 'sensed' a presence felt sorta neutral -but way weird.

-I was imobilized but didn't fight it. I was just sorta taking it in and wondering what the heck was happening -I couldn't, nor did I want to move. It really felt that trying to move would be a bad idea. I could move my eyes. I was able to see my digital clock numbers change. I could breathe, but breathing was like when you bruise your ribs -I was breathing without my chest moving.

-My room, house, and neighborhood had zero sound. None. My windows were open and my house at the time was about a block away from a pretty busy street. Always heard crickets, geckos, or other animal noises, people in the distance, palm fronds slightly rustling, etc.

-My room was well lit by a nearby outside property/alley light, I would have been able to see a person/other in my room. I could read with that light.

-My experience lasted about 10 minutes or so.

-I don't remember falling/going to sleep like I've done a million times. I can say that I pretty much know how I fall asleep, conditions, mindset, etc.

-When I woke up at sunrise I easily recalled what had happened. It was pretty much burned into my mind.

-My on-property landlord months later told me about a suicide in the backyard where my bedroom window faced. That was a bit unsettling. But, I really couldn't say if what I experienced had anything to do with it.

I kept it to myself for plenty of years until my step-son mentioned his friend had been "pressed", and then we related our stories.

'Pressing' is what the kids were calling it and from what our son described it sorta sounded like it was a well known Hawaii ghost story phenomenon. I hadn't heard of or experienced anything like it until living in Hawaii.

"Pretty scary eh kids?"

Last edited by bunklocoempire; 09-26-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: gramah

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Where we live from time to time, I see revolutionary soldiers crossing my property--either in early morning or right around sunset.
    Interesting! We should exchange stories sometime. I have a ton of them . I'm always surprised when people haven't had any experiences. My first and only memory as a infant not even walking yet was me out of body floating down our hallway.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Interesting! We should exchange stories sometime. I have a ton of them . I'm always surprised when people haven't had any experiences. My first and only memory as a infant not even walking yet was me out of body floating down our hallway.
    Sure. At first sight of the soldiers, I thought that there was a reenactment going on somewhere, but then as I watched them walk, they just vanished into thin air. Funny thing is I am not frightened by these siting at all. I have also had what I believed to be contact from relatives who are no longer with us--not in the form of apparitions, but just strange things that would happen with pictures on my wall and scents of colognes and perfumes, that my relatives wore, that I have had.

I have never, nor would I ever conduct seances nor would I ever entertain the thought of using a Ouija board. You are asking for trouble if you do that!
    Last edited by donnay; 09-26-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I once woke to a woman's voice whispering my name in my ear. That was within a day or two of when I conceived my daughter. That's the only time I ever heard/saw anything while waking up.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundane View Post
    You were probably not 100% awake. You may want to google hypnopompic hallucinations.
    It's within that half awake/half dream state where you can hear things that seem clear as day... or even be immobilized... eerie!

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Sure. At first sight of the soldiers, I thought that there was a reenactment going on somewhere, but then as I watched them walk, they just vanished into thin air. Funny thing is I am not frightened by these siting at all. I have also had what I believed to be contact from relatives who are no longer with us--not in the form of apparitions, but just strange things that would happen with pictures on my wall and scents of colognes and perfumes, that my relatives wore, that I have had.

I have never, nor would I ever conduct seances nor would I ever entertain the thought of using a Ouija board. You are asking for trouble if you do that!
    I have heard of several areas, such as gettysburg and other battle fields where people see civil wars soldiers wandering around. Do you know if there were any major civil wars battles near your property?

I agree with the Ouija board and seances sentiment. You never know what you are inviting into your lives when you do that.

Though I have always had paranormal experiences on and off all my life, it's only been within the last year I have seen full body apparitions. One was my brother, who committed suicide in 2003. I saw him about 4 a.m. in the morning when I walked out of my bedroom on my way to make some coffee. He walked from the main bathroom cross the hall to an extra bedroom. Never even glanced my way. It was like he was living in there and had just gotten up to take a pee or something and was heading back to bed . The other full body apparition I have seen was my grand daughter who is alive. I was up really early, as usual, and on the computor. She had spent the night. Her spirit...out of body...walked across the room I was in while her, ummmm, real body was still in bed sleeping. That was wierd!

My grand daughter, who's 12 now, has seen full body apparitions practically daily since she was 8. It's a normal part of her life. She has no fear of them...at least none of the ones she see's so far. A couple of children, an elderly lady who she doesn't like cause she says she's always looking at her like she wants to scold her. There use to be a man dressed in what she described as military clothes who use to stand guard at her bedroom door every night. He would stand in her bedroom doorway looking out toward the rest of the house. She use to watch him and wonder why he was doing that. One night she asked him why and apparently it startled him that she could see him and he disappeared and hasn't been back since....lol.

My daughter has ton's of spirits around her also. When she and the kids moved in my house temporarily the electrical in my house went crazy! Bulbs burning out almost every day, light switches kept shorting out, computor problems...it was crazy!

I got lots of stories. I lived in a REALLY haunted house from the 4th grade till the 10th grade .

Even now I have to sleep with the tv on every night because if I don't I hear things moving around out in the livingroom/kitchen, etc. Though I have nothing bad around here, I just as soon not hear things during the night .

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    It's within that half awake/half dream state where you can hear things that seem clear as day... or even be immobilized... eerie!
    Tell me about it. I've had many, many experiences too bizarre to share on this forum in that state. It took me along time to come to terms with it.

I used to hear a Civil War drum sounding Roll Call out my bedroom window when I was a kid. I could listen to it for a long time, but the second I turned my head toward the sound, it would quit. The family who owned the property in the 1860s has been identified, and they had no connection to the Civil War. There was one skirmish in this county, but it was several miles south of where I grew up. It was just a few raiders coming through. My (adopted) dad's family had owned the property for quite a long time. His grandfather was a musician in a Missouri Union Cavalry Unit, so there may be a connection there. His grandfather never lived on the farm, but he would have undoubtedly been a visitor there. I have several Civil War ancestors. All but one of them were Union, and some were in some big battles, but after finally skirting the burnt courthouse in Overton County, I have discovered that I have one Confederate ancestor. He was imprisoned at Rock Island for 12 months at the end of the war. His pension application states that he couldn't walk for a year after he came home. I'm sure he heard Roll Call more than a few times during his confinement. He lived to grow old, though. He was over 90 when he died in the 1920s.

I dunno. It was kinda cool, though. It sort of sparked my interest in the military side of US History.
    Last edited by RockEnds; 09-26-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.