Thread: Speech to a Republican Tea Party.

Speech to a Republican Tea Party.

Here's another speech I'm working on for a more Republican conservative crowd in the Outer Banks Tea Party on Sept 30th. Unlike End the Fed I have this draft ahead of time. So help pick and re-pick it into music a little and remember the crowd:

--

Hello Outer Banks Conservatives! As you heard I am North Carolina House Representative Glen Bradley. I am a strict Constitutionalist who places loyalty to our founding documents light years ahead of loyalty to any party, and I am here today because I have great news!

The strict construction of the Constitution is quickly becoming the dominant philosophy of the new Republican Party!

The complexion of our membership is shifting dramatically younger, and this new generation has gone back to Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Patrick Henry, John Adams, and James Madison. Those of us who have been around for a while will recognize almost everything they are saying, from Ronald Reagan, Barry Goldwater, and Robert Taft. These have been the core principles of the Republican Party from Frederick Douglass to Jesse Helms. Do not ever let anybody dissuade you that the Republican Party was not made to become the Party of the Constitution. That is what we were created to do.

Article 4 Section 4 of the United States Constituton guarantees to every State a republican form of government. This is one of the only positive responsibilities that the Constitution gives Washington DC to enforce by arms if necessary. Every citizen shall live in a republican form of government.

That means that every American is held equal under the same law. There is no one law for people, another for police, and still a third for special people like politicians and business magnates. The first principle of a republican form of government that if doing something makes you guilty, then it should make the President of the United States equally guilty for doing the exact same thing. NOBODY is above the law in a republican form of government, and when governments remove their functionaries from keeping the same law, then we no longer have a republican form of government.

Now, there is a new thing, a whole new generation of Republican activists flooding into our party over the last five years, almost entirely of a single mind - to make government obey the Constitution. Every genuinely conservative faction of the North Carolina Republican Party has asked us to stay, and we did. And we grew, and we are still growing today.

We are so far from a Constitutional government now, that a Constitutional government would look extremely strange to us. If the powers were balanced as they ought to be, then the entire US Code should fit into three volumes of a standard encyclopedia. Instead of about 160 volumes like it does today.

What I am saying is that we mean to reduce the volume of US Code on the books by 95%, mostly by restoring the Constitutional balance of powers that was given to the States and the Federal government in the US Constitution.

I love how Barry Goldwater spoke to going to Washington not to pass laws but to repeal them, and I mean to go a step further and restore the Constitutional balance of power that just makes 95% of those laws obsolete and nonbinding in one fell swoop.

Now we know that we have come to a point in America where we are on the edge of crisis and catastrophe, not to gin up fear - there is enough of that going around - but to demonstrate a point that the vast majority of Americans (whether they know it consciously or not) know that the only resolution to our current crisis is to restore the Constitutional order.

Continuing to fling the train back right to left to right to left is not going to put the train back on the tracks. The train is America, and the tracts are the US Constitution. If we are going to save America then we have to just stop all this madness and take stock, and then begin everyone working together with the singlular goal to put government back on the Constitution...and not just the parts we like but adamantly and assuredly the entire thing. Even the bits that scare us a little.

We are all here conservatives, I don't have a shadow of a doubt, but I want you to ask yourself for a minute - what exactly are we conserving? Every last one of us will have a different answer to that question. What I believe can unite nearly all of us, is the understanding that nearly every one of the things that all of us are working so hard to conserve, can all of them be found in making government strictly obey the Constitution.

Think on that for a moment. Take your top three conservative issues and if you haven't yet please do open up a Constitution and try to understand how your top three conservative issues would be addressed in the government that you read about in the Constitution. I propose to you that nearly every issue raised from every member of this crowd will be addressed to each of your satisfaction.

So while some parts are a little more frightening than others, I argue that by working together to force government back into it's Constitutional box, and affirming that we mean to obey the whole Constitution and not just those parts we like, we can build the broadest coalition America has ever seen in political activism unified around the singular goal of making our governments at every level obey their Constitutions in their entirety.

So lets agree in the hope that We the People stop slinging the train left to right to left to right again, just flinging America apart, and learn to rally around the unifying principle that brings together nearly every principled conservative in America - Obey the Constitution. Honor your Oath. Stand up for our Founder's and Framer's America and do what is right no matter the cost.

When we continue to elect legislators and Senators and Congressmen willing to take a stand and die on this hill in order to uphold the fundamental principles of Constitutional government, then the future direction of American government will become apparent even to them, and they will be free either to find themselves unemployed, or even better more than welcome to join our common conservative cause.

You see, we mean to restore Constitutional government by whatever political action is necessary, because we know that the only way to avert the impending disaster is to restore the Constitutional order now, and if we do not make it in time to stop the disaster, then we mean to be in place to rebuild according to the strict constuction of the Constitution in order to ensure that this crisis never happens again.

Which is also why I am truly honored to speak right before North Carolina's own Champion of the Constitution, Congressman Walter B. Jones!

And I want to thank you all for coming out here today, and especially to encourage you as Republicans of every philosophy to come out and attend the 2013 Republican party convention cycle. We as a party have a lot to discuss next year as to the future of of North Carolina and the United States, and I hope every one of you will be there to stand with a broad coalition of Republicans intent on working to restore the Constitutional order at every level of government, and to restore peace and prospertity to this bountiful America which God has surely blessed.

And at last, as every one of us has been called by the American spirit to pick up our Constitutions as the word of the American people, and press forward as warriors of truth in an age of deception to reclaim our government for every last one of us, I want to share the wisdom which Congressman Jones himself shared with me.

One thing you can always count on when we are modeling the Word in all our deeds, is that no weapon formed against us shall ever prosper. So let's all be true together, and take back America for the Constitution! Thank you!
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 09-25-2012 at 04:09 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For hard-core Tea-publicans, to bring them into the unified Constitutionalist caucus.

Where do you find that the Tea Party differs from us, and the Republicans?

I really try to stay focused on fiscal issues in my Tea Party circles, but it's hard hearing a lot of them drag in social and foreign policy. For me, the TEA Party was supposed to bridge the gap over those disconnects, but not everybody seems to feel that way. Just wondering how you saw it.

Dont forget about your speech on Oct 4 in Vance County. You are speaking to Republicans and some unaffiliated voters. You are speaking on the Constitution.

Freedom Mom

Quote Originally Posted by jacque View Post
    Dont forget about your speech on Oct 4 in Vance County. You are speaking to Republicans and some unaffiliated voters. You are speaking on the Constitution.

Freedom Mom
    Well, literally every speech ends up about the Constitution in one way or the other. They are the first ones to be getting a hard-core Keynote (powerpoint) to go with it. DK left a message last night, so I figure I should get the little details and then tweak up one of the Keynotes I have half finished.

The huge benefit to having a presentation like that is you don't need notes at all, just talk off the slides, and it ends up both more detailed and more natural at the same time.

I think most Tea Party folks, like me, are most concerned with the massive-giant-ubernuts debt the country has and how the President thinks that taxing people and businesses more is the answer instead of stopping his STUPID spending. I'd hit that OVER AND OVER!

+ rep and you go Gunny.
    "The Patriarch"