Thread: Silver Smashed to $33.50 As 50% of US Annual Silver Production Dumped on Market in 5 Minut

Silver Smashed to $33.50 As 50% of US Annual Silver Production Dumped on Market in 5 Minut

Silver Smashed to $33.50 As 50% of US Annual Silver Production Dumped on Market in 5 Minutes

h/t daily paul:

Apparently Blythe’s monkey’s are burning the Sunday midnight oil in order to prevent silver clearing $36 and triggering JPM’s rumored silver derivative losses.

A miniature replica of the May 2nd, 2011 drive by shooting was just completed, as silver was knocked down the proverbial mine-shaft moments ago, dropping nearly a dollar in nano-seconds on Monday’s Asian open.

Volume data indicates that 3,297 contracts, or 16.5 million paper ounces of silver were dumped on the market in a mere 5 minutes between 9:00 and 9:05pm EST.

In other words, approximately 1/2 of the entire US annual silver production was dumped on the market by the cartel in a 5 minute period on a Sunday night.

more: http://www.silverdoctors.com/silver-...on-asian-open/
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shady sh!t but this is a buy-in op imo. ~90% of the silver produced annually comes from outside the US. The key countries are Peru, Mexico and China which is why this dump is just a short term reset, hence a buying op.

Heck, this isn't a smash. It didn't even get below 30.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The irony is that it WAS a takedown - it just so happens that the takedowns are not working like they did before.

It now literally taking DOZENS times more paper silver/gold to send the price down then it takes PHYSICAL to bid the price right back up.

A lot of these smash days are seeing (loose example) - 100 millions ounces of paper smash the price down by a dollar, but then only 6 million ounces of physical purchased to bid it right back up (often, now, on the SAME day).

http://www.kitcosilver.com/

Since the morning take down - the price has been bid right back up to higher then it was right at the start of the price drop.

As the paper markets collapse, just like hyperinfaltion (in reverse) it will take more and more paper to budge the price down a bit, and then astute physical buyers will bid the price right back up, by buying TINY fractions of physical in relation to the paper take down.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Heck, this isn't a smash. It didn't even get below 30.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    The irony is that it WAS a takedown - it just so happens that the takedowns are not working like they did before.

It now literally taking DOZENS times more paper silver/gold to send the price down then it takes PHYSICAL to bid the price right back up.

A lot of these smash days are seeing (loose example) - 100 millions ounces of paper smash the price down by a dollar, but then only 6 million ounces of physical purchased to bid it right back up (often, now, on the SAME day).

http://www.kitcosilver.com/

Since the morning take down - the price has been bid right back up to higher then it was right at the start of the price drop.

As the paper markets collapse, just like hyperinfaltion (in reverse) it will take more and more paper to budge the price down a bit, and then astute physical buyers will bid the price right back up, by buying TINY fractions of physical in relation to the paper take down.
    I have to wonder when that paper silver is going to bite them in the ass. I mean, it's gotta be accounted for someday doesn't it?

Edit: Maybe it's already biting them but it's happening so slowly I don't notice?
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 09-24-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Half of the US annual production would have been about 600 tonnes of silver.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_..._United_States
    The United States produced 1,200 metric tons of silver in 2007,
    That converts to over 21 million ounces. http://www.metric-conversions.org/we...-to-ounces.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Half of the US annual production would have been about 600 tonnes of silver.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_..._United_States

That converts to over 21 million ounces. http://www.metric-conversions.org/we...-to-ounces.htm
    I have to wonder what the production was in 2011.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    M'eh. One man's "smash" is another man's "still up $20".
    All your voter base are belong to us!

ERMAHGERD!!! SHILVER!!!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Wow! My dealer said this was going to happen this week when I saw him Saturday! He said it's mostly "paper" silver. Time to buy, though I imagine most dealers know it's going to go back up soon, so they aren't going to sell at or below spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnuhana View Post
    Wow! My dealer said this was going to happen this week when I saw him Saturday! He said it's mostly "paper" silver. Time to buy, though I imagine most dealers know it's going to go back up soon, so they aren't going to sell at or below spot.
    Yep, my local dealer said that is just the price of paper silver, he was at $35/oz+ still.

I can buy at or slightly below spot three days a week , and this , is nothing, , silver still around $34 , gold , still around $1765 , most silver I have bought below $27 ,some, way , way below.What do you think the National Debt Clock will say in 2015 ? What do you think the unfunded Liabilities will be ??

Definitely need to buy more silver.

My dealer is at 35.29 for 1oz silver rounds, 37.54 for 1oz American Eagles, and 355.50 for 10oz bars.
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

Wow! My dealer said this was going to happen this week when I saw him Saturday! He said it's mostly "paper" silver.
    Curious- was that "dump" a large amount of expiring options which were replaced with new ones? The market seemed to bounce back pretty quickly after the drop- within minutes. It has been hanging around $34 for the last couple weeks now- moving up and down a bit.

Marketwatch indicates that September 22nd was a date for expiring silver options. http://www.marketwatch.com/optionscenter/calendar and that Friday the 21st was the date that options trading was supposed to end prior to the expirations.

Drop was probably traders cashing in before the deadline.

From the article in the OP:
    Volume data indicates that 3,297 contracts, or 16.5 million paper ounces of silver were dumped on the market in a mere 5 minutes between 9:00 and 9:05pm EST.
    IS a two percent decline a "smash" in the price of something?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-25-2012 at 01:03 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2% in a matter of minutes is enormous, Zippy.

If that happened to an index such as the S&P, there would be a couple of suicide notes found.

2% in a matter of minutes is enormous, Zippy.

If that happened to an index such as the S&P, there would be a couple of suicide notes found.
    That, and it is pretty interesting how coordinated everyone would have to be to do that in just a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    That, and it is pretty interesting how coordinated everyone would have to be to do that in just a few minutes.
    Just shows how manipulated the markets can be, at least priced in dollars. The true value of silver remains constant, which is why we must fight for sound currency.
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

This is also incorrect.

ALL items fluctuate in value - including silver.

Paper fluctuates more rapidly and is easier to maniuplate, but that is not to say that silver/gold do not ALSO fluctuate in value against other goods/services. They most certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by NickOdell View Post
    Just shows how manipulated the markets can be, at least priced in dollars. The true value of silver remains constant, which is why we must fight for sound currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Easy with computerized trading. The dump may have been expiring options (it was the right weekend for that) and the "bounce" could have been computers programed to buy if it went below a certain point kicking in.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-25-2012 at 07:05 PM.

This is also incorrect.

ALL items fluctuate in value - including silver.

Paper fluctuates more rapidly and is easier to maniuplate, but that is not to say that silver/gold do not ALSO fluctuate in value against other goods/services. They most certainly do.
    I agree. I meant to say relatively constant (when compared to something like fiat currency).

Whether the face value of the silver changes, you still physically have 1 silver coin. Supply/demand will still effect the purchasing power of that silver coin, however.

Ron Paul 2012!

Commodities all look strong today.