Thread: In Solidarity with the Iranian People

In Solidarity with the Iranian People

Maybe seen here before, but worth revisiting.

One of my closest & dearest friends is Iranian.

h/t Lew Rockwell

On June 24, 2009, Iranian singer Andy Madadian went into an LA recording studio with Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, and American record producers Don Was and John Shanks to record a message of solidarity with the people of Iran. " (Thanks to Kathleen Sheridan)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RASKaZFZtS8

On June 24, Iranian Superstar Andy Madadian went into an LA recording studio with Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora and American record producers Don Was and John Shanks to record a musical message of worldwide solidarity with the people of Iran. This version of the old Ben E. King classic is not for sale - it was not meant to be on the Billboard charts or even manufactured as a CD.....it's intended to be downloaded and shared by the Iranian people...to give voice to the sentiment that all people of the world stand together....the handwritten Farsi sign in the video translates to "we are one". If you know someone in Iran - or someone who knows someone in Iran - please share this link
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beautifully done.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I'm not going to support the Iranian government though.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    I'm not going to support the Iranian government though.
    Nor will I. Nor will Ramin (my friend) - he hates, loathes & despises the current regime (and the Shah's regime before that).

But he's also horrified at how badly warped the image of Iran (in general) is in the West.

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."

In Solidarity With the Iranian People: Bon Jovi and Iranian singer Andy Madadian

In Solidarity With the Iranian People: Bon Jovi and Iranian singer Andy Madadian and Richie Sambora and American record producers Don Was and John Shanks

-- The Law (p. 54)
      -- Government (p. 99)